Android > iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I just purchased my first android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) after using iOS for 4 years !

WOWOW I am really liking it.

Any tips? what apps are there that are cool etc?? Features maybe I am unaware of?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I also have an Android phone. They are so much better that iphones. And you dont have to use that confounded itunes. Plenty of apps on "playstore".

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It honestly depends what you use your phone for as to what apps you use.

But yes Android is FAR and AWAY better than apple

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I downloaded the little known Google Opinions Rewards App, it randomly sends you surveys to complete, and gives you google play credits for doing them, valid for 12 months, I currently have $10.00 in credit to spend (better than wasting your own money)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how Dex customised his user interface like that??
The clock, date, weather is an app called "Simple text". You can use it to add widgets like that. The battery (the 27) is a circle battery widget app. The rest would be a custom launcher. Not sure which one but it may be the one I used to use a highly customizable one like that but I can't remember the name of it now.

EDIT: Now I remember, It was Buzz Launcher. Great Launcher app that you can make your own interface or download pre-made ones and tweak them. Had a really cool one that looked like a comic book.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
The clock, date, weather is an app called "Simple text". You can use it to add widgets like that. The battery (the 27) is a circle battery widget app. The rest would be a custom launcher. Not sure which one but it may be the one I used to use a highly customizable one like that but I can't remember the name of it now.

EDIT: Now I remember, It was Buzz Launcher. Great Launcher app that you can make your own interface or download pre-made ones and tweak them. Had a really cool one that looked like a comic book.
Oh wow thanks man ! just searched. Some really cool themes. Do these slow down your phone or?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh wow thanks man ! just searched. Some really cool themes. Do these slow down your phone or?
They did on my old S3 (a tiny bit) but the newer phones shouldn't get any slow down from it. Just re-installed it on my Note 3 and it runs like a dream.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I downloaded the little known Google Opinions Rewards App, it randomly sends you surveys to complete, and gives you google play credits for doing them, valid for 12 months, I currently have $10.00 in credit to spend (better than wasting your own money)
Just curious - how long did the surveys take to get up to $10. Would would you consider the hourly rate?

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just curious - how long did the surveys take to get up to $10. Would would you consider the hourly rate?
I have had the APP for 5 months or so, the surveys are between 1 and say 5 questions long, and take all of 20 seconds to complete.

It seems to be a bit feast and famine, I can go 3 - 4 weeks without one and then get 3 in a day. It really takes minimal effort, and also, you can try to guess the answer they are hoping for so you get to answer more questions, the more you answer, the more you get.

For completing a survey I have gotten between 10 cents and 1 dollar, but for minimal effort, I don't mind

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is my total from July so far. :D

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is my total from July so far. :D

Still seems like a lot of effort. Reminds me of the ads that show some dude sitting on a beach in Thailand telling you how you can get rich from doing online surveys...

I tried it years ago, and the hourly rate just wasn't worth it - especially in this circumstance where it isn't even cash....

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Still seems like a lot of effort. Reminds me of the ads that show some dude sitting on a beach in Thailand telling you how you can get rich from doing online surveys...

I tried it years ago, and the hourly rate just wasn't worth it - especially in this circumstance where it isn't even cash....

To be fair this is completely different, it is not about getting rich, but if you spend money with google play (buying apps or in app purchases), it is very little effort, and you then can buy stuff with it on google play.

Try it, if you don't like it, delete it (you will NOT get rich from this)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To be fair this is completely different, it is not about getting rich, but if you spend money with google play (buying apps or in app purchases), it is very little effort, and you then can buy stuff with it on google play.

Try it, if you don't like it, delete it (you will NOT get rich from this)
I just got a dollar for 1 question lol

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I couldn't be f'd doing those surveys would rather just pay $1-$2 for the app. Not saying I'm a baller or anything but it's $1. Plus how many purchased apps do you really want and use?

Alternatively, just root your phone, not in a sexual way. Then you get every paid app for free.

dannbarbery

New Pup
Reaction score
Like you, I used iOS for quite some time. I recently switched to Samsung's Galaxy S5 for a change. I'm really glad for the decision I made. I downloaded a few apps for now and they work great.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Give it like 3-4 months before it slows down and turns to shit, happened with every Android I had before I got my iPhone 5 lol

I mind either but I like the iPhone 5 more, I don't care about customising and all that freedom crap (rooted all my Androids and really didn't make a difference even with other OS's) it works as a phone and lets me use a few apps no issues and thats enough for me lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Give it like 3-4 months before it slows down and turns to shit, happened with every Android I had before I got my iPhone 5 lol

I mind either but I like the iPhone 5 more, I don't care about customising and all that freedom crap (rooted all my Androids and really didn't make a difference even with other OS's) it works as a phone and lets me use a few apps no issues and thats enough for me lol
My HTC One M8 freakn flies :grinning:

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
F*ck, so jelly bro. Take care of it.

I dropped my Galaxy S5 in Sydney Harbour last Friday when I went fishing, went and bought a Google Nexus 5 the next day. Decent phones.

I'll be getting the S6 when it comes out!

Status
Not open for further replies.