Andrew Voss

Big Owl

Waterboy
Reaction score
No ones as bad as that “audacious” dickhead Dan Mundane. Can’t believe how many of our games he’s called this year.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While we're on that subject, why do we get long camera pans of players on the sideline or the coaching box while the game is being played?
And why is the camera so tight on the ptb. Years gone by when it was zoomed out a bit you could see offsides, back play stuff, overlaps etc.

I guess it doesn’t show the ref bias as much now…

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yup, my fav nrl commentator is Warren smith, and favourite nrl panel is braith, best two people to listen too.!!

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont mind Matt Russell, he pretty much just calls the game and in a relatively calm tone, not ranting and raving about what he thinks and at least keeps the “ statistics” to a minimum and relevant. Sadly he does not do many “ first grade “ matches.
Mark Carroll also annoys the hell out of me..all he does is talk about himself and where and when he played ..its not about you Mark…must be a Foxtel commentator thing.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While we're on that subject, why do we get long camera pans of players on the sideline or the coaching box while the game is being played?
And why do they show the replay on the main part of the screen and the “ live” game in the corner….just let us watch the game.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate Vossy. In fact when we use to be a strong club he loved us. I actually thought he was biased and supported us at one stage. I think the commentators are as nice as possible (mostly). We are literally the shittest team in the NRL era. I feel they love putting the boot into Brisbane more even though they’re two wins above us.

We are worse than Parramatta at their lowest but they certainly got more shit.

Just go through all the threads on here.. even our own ‘die hard’ fans rubbish us every chance they get. I’ve seen multiple people wish for floggings, the spoon and even injuries to certain players. Seems more biased to me than commentators pointing out the obvious and making simple observations as they generally do every team, every game.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to Andy Raymond, he used to make some good jokes and metaphors.