Not open for further replies.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think so, he needs to settle into life after football first

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
If we are to find a new coach we need someone who is a taskmaster and strict with discipline......the actions of our club since Bullfrog past on shows teh discipline declining week after week and there has been little discipline shown over the years. Releasing Mason was teh only big thing we have donw....reni got slapped on the wrist! I couldnt see Joey Johns being much on discipline as quite clearly he has shown known himself in his playing career......popping pills during the season! please!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
as long he can help DJ and woberts with the kicking game... it should be all good :grinning:

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1412

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have signed up rugby league legend Andrew Johns in a skills coaching role for the 2008 season.

Johns’ coaching duties at the Bulldogs will involve working with the halves, hookers and backs, starting this week.

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, “When the opportunity arises for a player of the calibre of Andrew Johns to help you out, you’re mad not to utilise him.

“Obviously everyone is aware of what this bloke can do with a football and we’ll be tapping in to that as our top grade playmakers and younger players spend time with him.”

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said, “Even though we made the finals in 2007, we failed to meet our own high standards and those of our supporters. We held a full review of the season and today’s announcement of Andrew’s coaching role with the Club is the first of a number of new initiatives the Bulldogs will undertake as we head into the 2008 NRL season.

“We have increased our medical roster with the inclusion of an additional physiothe****** to ensure thorough injury prevention programs and additional support in the treatment of injuries. In January, we’ll be moving our administrative and training headquarters out to Sydney Olympic Park as the Club continues to embrace the best sporting precinct in the Southern Hemisphere. A brand new gymnasium, double the size of the current gym at Belmore Sports Ground, will be built at the Athletic Centre which will house our existing equipment plus $120,000 of the latest state-of-the-art exercise equipment.”

Folkes added, “The energy and enthusiasm that has been shown by the players at training so far has been high. The recent movement of players to and from the Club has enabled us to expand our playing and training philosophy which I believe will result in a very positive and exciting 2008 season for us.”

T

TdoggBulldog

good news seems like the issues people have problems with at the club are being solved

good work malcolm, folkes and peponis

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, it looks like the enthusiasm from staff and admin is high making sure the club is going in the right direction.

Good to see fellas!

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johns? Skills coach? What - to teach them how to snort snoke and pop pills properly?

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Is Willie Mason coming along for those special training sessions too??

H

Haztrick

I think the one who will benefit most from this is Groom.

He's been described as a genuine half back. Holdsworth is a five-eighth IMO and although Roberts could probably grow to be half, I see him as a five-eighth as well.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
be careful of joey
he will take the info from other teams tactics and use that agaisnt them
lol
maybe u never know

TOOL

Lt. Col. Speirs
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by this:

"THE Bulldogs have become the latest NRL club to sign retired league legend Andrew Johns as a skills coach.

Johns has signed on for the 2008 season to work with the halves, hookers and backs, starting this week.

Johns started a similar role with the Parramatta Eels and he has also been working with his former club Newcastle."

Does this mean he will be holding the same position at multiple clubs? Or is he exclusively ours? (I would have hoped it'd be the latter, but it's obviously the former).

For some reason I'm not so excited any more...

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's a part time job, he's sharing the love like Darryl Halligan used too

Status
Not open for further replies.