Official Andrew Hill quits

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew Hill was incompetent. I'm glad his gone and so should everybody else. He was fucking up sponsorship deals and player signings. All recent signings had nothing to do with him.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thank goodness...the last of the plonkers are gone, he does not have the experience or petegree to run our club.

The media are trying to spin it like he did a good job... He did not.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was our CEO show some respect. He was a calming voice in the office amid the turmoil of the past year. You numbnuts know nothing. Your arrogant and disrespectful. You want to attract good talent?...but then you want to post this kind of character assassination bullshit. Wake up. Talk like this about administrators of your own Club only serves to belittle and denegrate our Club. I'm personally hoping for either a Corey Payne or a Paul Dunn type of person takes the helm but I can't fault most of Hills actions at the club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't this guy part of covering up a scandal up on NQLD recently... I'm certain there was a report on it a while ago, I'd steer clear tbh
He’s been in the game a long time so there’s bound to be a scandal or two to come up while he is in a role like that. The NRL didn’t find anything at the end of the day so at the very least he covered it up well. People probably won’t agree but I’d take someone that is street wise and experienced in how to run things and Parr is definitely that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Top Cowboys administrator linked to Bulldogs move
January 14, 2021 — 7.45pm
North Queensland's long-serving official Peter Parr has been identified as a recruitment target for Canterbury as they start the latest front-office rebuild following Andrew Hill's shock axing.

Parr won premierships at Brisbane and then the Cowboys, where he has spent the past 19 years, and would move into the head of football role vacated by Steve Price late last year.

A former chief executive who has spent most of his time in recent years in the football department and recruitment, Parr is seen as a perfect candidate to help new coach Trent Barrett.

Parr has since scaled back his commitments with the Cowboys and will move on to the club's board next month.

He has in recent years become a key member of Brad Fittler's NSW Origin team, and any potential move to Sydney would only work favourably if it allowed him to continue both roles.

Hill was dumped on Monday night by chairman John Khoury and several other board members, despite guiding the club through a torrid few years that featured three different boards, two sacked coaches and a string of high-profile players offloaded to help ease the club's salary-cap pressure.

Peter Parr has been a part of Brad Fittler's NSW Origin team. Grant Trouville/NRL Photos
Khoury has refused to give a reason for sacking Hill and referred the Herald'srequests for comment to the club's press release that claimed Hill resigned.

Hill had only hours earlier announced the signing of gun fullback Corey Allan before he was given the tap.

Bulldogs great George Peponis was certainly unimpressed with the Hill dumpingand told the Herald earlier this week: "I think he inherited a very difficult situation, he got them through it the past few years, and now when things look like they’ll improve they give him the arse. It’s disappointing.’’

A couple of early candidates for the CEO role is Aaron Warburton, who worked as the club's head of commercial a few years ago, and Anthony Elias, who has already put his name forward for the job on several previous occasions.

Parr's experience, media contacts and football knowledge would allow the new CEO to solely focus on the commercial side of things, not to mention shield a coach like Barrett from any boardroom in-fighting.

Meanwhile, Queensland Rugby League boss Bruce Hatcher has confirmed Wayne Bennett will not return as Maroons coach in 2021.

Hatcher said the next appointment would be for the 2021 series only, which would likely featured an experienced coach – the early favourite is Paul Green – with the likes of Maroons favourites including Billy Slater learning the ropes with an eye to a permanent role in the future.