Andrew Davey joins Parramatta Eels from Bulldogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Are you a sociopath? If not, why do you think you have more knowledge and wisdom than Phil Gould and Cameron Ciraldo? Unless you have club inside information you have even less reason to say such scathing things. Anyone with a brain would leave the footy stuff to the experts. You know, like one of the most successful and experienced coaches and general managers in the sport. But a few on here think they know better and let everyone else know about it like broken friggin records. Well, thank goodness for the ignore function I say. I just decided to show this ignored post of yours to give you the straight dope homie. Now you go back on ignore…

Oh, btw I think I answered that first question.
Well, he certainly gave me the straight dope. That was a very dopey post indeed.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am far from on an island thinking JMK is a top emerging talent. many commentators in the game have identified him as one of the most rapidly improving and best emerging hookers in the game. Reed's game has always had limitations which will prevent him from ever truly being elite. he is a good hooker at best, and a hindrance at worst. Trust me, I will be proven right when it comes to JMK. He is already playing much better footy than Reed this year and will continue to improve under Bennett. Reed is overrated and JMK is underrated, but neither will remain the case for long.

Oloapu could prove to be a superstar, or he could prove to be another next best thing that didn't make it. I hope he proves to be the former, but you guys are putting way too much pressure and expectation on him. Even if he is a superstar level talent, he is young and going to need the right people around him to get the best out of him.

You said it, Crichton is a gamble. You don't want to be taking such a huge gamble with such an important spine position. It will end in tears, I reckon.

Yes, Kikau has a lot of talent and things he can offer us, but none of those things are what we need most.

Signing Ciraldo for a mammoth five years is another decision which seriously left me scratching my head.... five years for a coach who is completely untested and unproven as a first grade head coach? Seriously?

I'm not wearing an "angry hat", fam. I'm just far from convinced about the direction the club seems to he heading in. Like everyone else, I am sick of us missing the finals year after year and two years into Ciraldo's tenure, we're still going to be short a halfback and taking a massive gamble in terms of our fullback. Assuming Crichton gets named at fullback. I suppose we will have to play him there with Alamoti doing so well and Xerri coming.
I can see a lot more positives about the club and Ciro than you bro. I can see the direction and I’m comfortable with Gus. BTW, don’t pretend that it is a universal view that JMK is a better hooker than Reed. He has speed but little else.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I can see a lot more positives about the club and Ciro than you bro. I can see the direction and I’m comfortable with Gus. BTW, don’t pretend that it is a universal view that JMK is a better hooker than Reed. He has speed but little else.
I never said it was a universal belief, fam. That would be a pretty outrageous claim. But I am not the only one who thinks it. I've even seen a few posters expressing that view on this forum. I think our numbers will only increase as the weeks and months go on. JMK has a lot more than peed going for him. His service has improved out of sight, he has good vision, is a very good defender (better than Reed) and I think he has less errors in him than Reed, too. Most importantly he is a team first guy and not always trying to overplay his hand.

But anyway, we're not going to agree on this.

I hope you're right about Ciraldo. I don't want to wait years to see us play finals again any more than you do, dude. But What he has done so far doesn't fill me with great confidence, that's for sure.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to do the moles and the men's room lurker jobs for them....

Dragons sack coach after loss to Bulldogs, Ben Hunt demands instant release to join the Bulldogs now they have cap space.

You heard it here first.... lol
In addition to that... Flanno senior to Dragons as head coach, followed by Flanno junior. One can dream lol

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FMD Davey was a decent goer, a big body and would have been on peanuts. Oku, Topine , Hoffman and a few others should have got the tap before him. Difference being no one else wanted them. Why sign the guy in the first place he has done nothing wrong to get the chop after 2 games.
You don't know that

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Andrew Davey is returning to the Eels after being granted an immediate release from Canterbury.
Davey will join the Eels this week and is expected to be eligible for selection in the NRL when Parramatta take on the Titans to close out Magic Round next week.
His stint at the Bulldogs lasted just two games and 81 minutes after he joined the club from Manly in the off-season. Davey started off the bench in Canterbury’s last two matches but was not named in their 23-man squad to take on the Dragons on Sunday.
Instead he will re-join the Eels. The deal is for this year and next.
Davey was linked to a return to Parramatta last year but instead opted to join the Bulldogs. He was one of Parramatta’s success stories in 2020 when he made his NRL debut at 28 years of age making him one of the oldest players to feature in their first game.
He played 10 matches for Parramatta that season including two finals losses before joining the Sea Eagles.
His two season stint at Manly was plagued by injuries which restricted him to just two games in 2021 and 18 games last year. He tore his ACL in first season at the Sea Eagles.
Davey’s start to the season with Canterbury was delayed because of a concussion. The Bulldogs have a list of injury concerns with forwards Max King (ribs), Viliame Kikau (pectoral), Chris Patolo (knee) Luke Thompson (foot) and Franklin Pele (arm) out against the Dragons on Sunday.
The Eels still have two roster spots remaining in their top 30 squad.
I can understand why he was released, the most obvious is we are loaded with backrowers, it could also mean Waddell will be resigned.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has always believed that if a player doesn't want to be at a club, let him go. If Davey was agitating to be released, Gus is not the sort that would try to hold onto him. It's better to have 17 players willing to fight for the club than players just turning up to get paid. Like the comments, Roosters should let Suali'i go as he has signed with Rugby.

Not sure I would have reacted the same, but then it depends on whether Davey said something once or was he starting to become a distraction to the rest of the squad.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to spend 95% of the salary cap every year. If you only made money ball signings you would have millions left to spend. You need to sign marquees and sign those hidden gems on the side aswell.
Pretty sure that rule isn’t enforced