Andrew Davey joins Parramatta Eels from Bulldogs

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Davey would be spewing that Preston had secured a spot in the team, he was probably hoping that would be his spot and the club thought we don’t need him anymore.

We need props not a back rower I’m happy with the release Gus and ciro would have a plan.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's been on fire since we found out Flanagan was dropped. Bitching about every single thing.

He's a bit upset that he was Flanagans only fan and he's been shown up to know fuck all.

At least we don't have to hear about his make believe try assists and match winning plays any more
He's probably going through the squad now and selecting his next player...hummm Waddell-$1.05 favorite to be the next one.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was Luke Portese? Strength and conditioning I’m guessing? I thought Touma and Jackson were doing that role?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s one of our few forwards who bent the line this year and we’re releasing him 2 games into his stint with us in the middle of an injury crisis. But hey, I’m sure there is method to the madness - maybe we are set to announce the signing of another Penrith outside back lol.

Ciraldo is clueless and Gus has played on a season of two too long, mate.
I said he's solid but he's not worth losing any sleep over and Morrin can do as good a job if not better. Relax... It's Davey being released, not Max King

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If there's any discontent in the playing group around Ciraldo's training method and players playing injured it would make sense to get rid of the players who are bitching about it.
If we are indeed the club who was reported to have players upset about playing injured etc, and Davey has been identified as one of them, then goodbye and goodluck to him.
Hopefully we can sign an experienced middle forward for the rest of the season.
I was actually thinking the same if the article referred to us .

Hearing CC in some of the press conferences stating that some players have to be playing with injuries leads to be believe the article was referring to us .

If that’s the case , good riddance . We don’t want these types here when we’re trying to rebuild a winning culture and in the midst of our injury crisis , releasing a forward immediately speaks volumes

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I said he's solid but he's not worth losing any sleep over and Morrin can do as good a job if not better. Relax... It's Davey being released, not Max King
Lol come on, bro. Davey was one of our few forwards who was eating good metres on the weekend. Morrin is a good young player, but Davey has 10kgs on him. At a time our forward pack is lacking depth and size, we will miss him.

All I can say is Gus had better have a very good prop lined up to make this worthwhile. Even if he does, releasing a bloke 8 rounds and 2 games into his Bulldogs career is just bizarre. This club is turning into a telemarketing call centre with all the turnover we’ve had in recent years. I could understand if Davey had not been a Ciraldo/Gus signing… but when you’re signing a bloke then releasing him a quarter of the way through his first season, the optics are not good.

But hey, maybe they need to free up money to re-sign Waddell!