Official Andrew Davey confirmed

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do. Solid depth. He was good for manly first half year one of their better players. Second half not so much. Was it a purple patch or was the contact a concern along with manlys team issues?

He’s solid and while I don’t expect anywhere near the return we got from max king he’s light years ahead of fucking Stimson and probably on less than half.
Morrin was brilliant in his 2 games then gets dropped?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m starting to see what Gus is doing. We are mixing the team up with veterans and young guys but the veterans will take the spots so the young guys come in when they are ready and are in good confidence. Its why Topine, Morrin, Alamoti, Skelton, Stuckey etc, all other youngins barely played games at all. Its better long term.
Pack could very much look something like this:
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Kikau
12. Jackson
13. King

14. RFM
15. Seumanafagai
16. Davey
17. Waddell
Waddell and Davey too similar!
God i hope Waddell isnt in CC plans Davey over Waddell im sick of him giving away penalty's.
Morrin has to be 13 and Stuckey/Makatoa on the bench.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Waddell and Davey too similar!
God i hope Waddell isnt in CC plans Davey over Waddell im sick of him giving away penalty's.
Morrin has to be 13 and Stuckey/Makatoa on the bench.
I’d think Davey will play a role in our 17 while morrin/topine/tanner/maka/edwards/patolo/pele get a chance to demand selection somewhere while developing still.

I think realistic it will be if no other major changes

Thompson
Mahoney
King
Kikau
Jackson (or rfm)
Tpj (or Jackson with tpj off bench)

Tpj/rfm
Davey/Waddell
Morrin/topine
Pele/patolo/tanner/maka/edwards

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keeping in mind that the young blokes coming thru have had 2 years with little to no footy, this signing makes plenty of sense.
Davey might have only played 30-40 games but he's an der guy that can play a role in first grade which gives the young blokes a bit more time to develop.
This will pay dividends down the track.
In the past young blokes have been rushed in before their time and it stunts their development. If they can get 40-50 games of reserve grade into them the transition to first grade will be more successful.
Plus we want the youngsters building combinations, having the bulk of them together for those 40-50 games in reserves helps make this happen. It is one of the keys to the pantsers recent success.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have lots of 2nd rowers lack middles i think rfm /Waddell meed to be middles next year
I think RFM has to play as a middle next year. Not sure about Waddell but we are very skinny on quality with our Prop rotation next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think RFM has to play as a middle next year. Not sure about Waddell but we are very skinny on quality with our Prop rotation next year.
At full strength King, TPJ, Jackson, Thompson and Sutton are in the middle. Pele and Patolo (and Edwards) depth. Unless there are a couple of injuries we're fine in the middle.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the manly fans who ring sports shows in the radio are spewing the club have let Davey go. They reckon he is a great player!

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the manly fans who ring sports shows in the radio are spewing the club have let Davey go. They reckon he is a great player!
Yeah a lot manly fans rate him, my mate is pretty disappointed that they’ve let him go. So should be interesting to see if he’s actually worth it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're not fine, that middle is trash.
Playing RFM in the middle at full strength doesn't help more my point. Unless we sign a marquee it ain't going to improve much.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is he coming as a player or a carpenter, hopefully a carpenter.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone knows Morrins contract status ? Hope he's signed been outstanding all year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do. Solid depth. He was good for manly first half year one of their better players. Second half not so much. Was it a purple patch or was the contact a concern along with manlys team issues?

He’s solid and while I don’t expect anywhere near the return we got from max king he’s light years ahead of fucking Stimson and probably on less than half.
Exactly and i have said same before, the guy is probably signed cheap vs how much was fucking Stimson was on? and he replaces him..and is better than him.
Goes alright imo and hasn't played a massive amount of top flight footy even though he is 30, should easily play 2 years and could be very handy. Nearly everyone here has knives in Waddell's back too so he is an alternative to him if CC decides he fits better.

Relax ye negatories he isn't being signed as our 2nd coming of Kikau ffs.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly and i have said same before, the guy is probably signed cheap vs how much was fucking Stimson on? and replaces him..and is better than him.Goes alright imo and hasn't played a massive amount of top flight footy even though he is 30, should easily play 2 years.

Relax ye negatories he isn't being signed as our 2nd coming of Kikau ffs.
Agree, how much is Stimson on?