Anderson as Roosters Coach - Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Politis is 'celebrating' 25years as Rorter$ chairman and the rugby league world is pissing in his pocket. The SMH and the usual pro Roosters journalists like Webster & Weidler have all done their usual Politis butt licking articles.

Different Roosters figures have all given their own insight into moments they remember.

What I thought was funny was the story of Chris Anderson as Roosters coach who was appointed after Bennett changed his mind when the story of his move to the Rorter$ got leaked.

Here what Fenessy said:
The only time I’ve seen Nick really angry is when he couldn’t find Chris Anderson to sack him because Chris was on the golf course. Wayne Bennett famously agreed to coach us in our 100th year and then it got out and there was a story in theCourier-Mail.

So Bennett backflipped. Nick hasn’t spoken to him since. We were into the pre-season and Anderson was hastily appointed and it was a disaster. Remember how he didn’t want second markers? We were belted 52-0 in the first match of the year against Souths. It went from bad to worse.

When we’d lose, Chris would give the players four days off and play golf. The last straw was when we lost at Brookvale but Nick couldn’t sack him the next day because he was playing golf!

One of the worst coaching appointments in our history.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So Politis is 'celebrating' 25years as Rorter$ chairman and the rugby league world is pissing in his pocket. The SMH and the usual pro Roosters journalists like Webster & Weidler have all done their usual Politis butt licking articles.

Different Roosters figures have all given their own insight into moments they remember.

What I thought was funny was the story of Chris Anderson as Roosters coach who was appointed after Bennett changed his mind when the story of his move to the Rorter$ got leaked.

Here what Fenessy said:
The only time I’ve seen Nick really angry is when he couldn’t find Chris Anderson to sack him because Chris was on the golf course. Wayne Bennett famously agreed to coach us in our 100th year and then it got out and there was a story in theCourier-Mail.

So Bennett backflipped. Nick hasn’t spoken to him since. We were into the pre-season and Anderson was hastily appointed and it was a disaster. Remember how he didn’t want second markers? We were belted 52-0 in the first match of the year against Souths. It went from bad to worse.

When we’d lose, Chris would give the players four days off and play golf. The last straw was when we lost at Brookvale but Nick couldn’t sack him the next day because he was playing golf!

One of the worst coaching appointments in our history.
Evidently Anderson did to the Roosters what Hasler did to us.

Pity we didn't sack Hasler as quickly as Politis sack Anderson

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Evidently Anderson did to the Roosters what Hasler did to us.

Pity we didn't sack Hasler as quickly as Politis sack Anderson
Really????... we were minor premiers & grand finalists Hasler 1st season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like Anderson intentionally sabotaged the roosters... Hahahaha suck shit wankers...

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol surely the second marker shit they tried would've shown it was a disaster at training and trials. How did it even get to the stage where he could try that in an actual premiership game!?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely No love lost for these wankers

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on you Opes! Should have given them 6 days off, and defended with no markers! Hate these rorting wankers!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not a really good thing that a person with much obvious failure is now running out ckub. Nasheed.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not a really good thing that a person with much obvious failure is now running out ckub. Nasheed.
I'm guessing you meant to say "our" club
I thought you were a souffs supporter now, or are you back on the bandwagon now that we've won two in a row?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe you should do some research on Mr Anderson.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Good to see him mixing it with the fans today at the members day. Looks like he really loves our club.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chalk and cheese.. I get the Hasler hate & he stuffed up recruitment & salary cap.. but he did get us to 2 GFs and was an improvement on KMoore
I just like the fact that one of us got it over Politis and the Roosters.

Anderson just used them to pad out his retirement fund. I love it!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.