An inexperienced half & fullback to get us into the finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Years ago when Sherwin left everyone was saying we weren't going to be a force until we got a good half back again. This year we've lost one of the best halves the game has seen in Noddy and replaced him with a kid who has played 20 first grade games, yet most are saying we will be finals contenders.

On top of this The General is gone too and we have another good but unproved player in Barba in the that position.

I'm normally a positive person but reality just hit me a little while ago when Rabs mentioned all this on the Footy Show.

Are we in for a rude shock? Are we being too confident?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
im gonna stay positive and hope that most things are gonna work out for us :grinning:

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Mortimer aaaand.... someone I can't even remember "got" Parra into the finals.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
on the back of jarryd hayne lolol....no hayne no finals imo
Haha yeah I know. Our halves could do the same thing off the back of some solid performers by other players. Not ideal but possible.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Haha yeah I know. Our halves could do the same thing off the back of some solid performers by other players. Not ideal but possible.
fair call.....just hoping we get a well rounded team performance and not have to heavily rely on 1 or 2 players

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Patten going in the end wasnt a loss. If he went a year before maybe i woulda said different. Barba will be better than Patten 2010 with one arm behind his back.

All you can do is hope. If the team gels we have the talent to do anything. Ultimately St Merge will be very hard to beat in any case.

L

Licker

I've got confidence in this team but I don't have confidence in Kevin Moore...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hodkinson and Barba this year are better than Kimmorley and Patten last year. Also our forward pack this year is much better than last year's.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our players have to gel with each other fast. If they dont then we have a long season ahead.....

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I am feeling a new bulldogs dynasty on its way. We do have a good blend of youth and experience. I have high hopes just like every year but this side looks ELECTRIC and with the additiion of Eastwood, BRUTAL. We will be a force this year once again.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Everyone seems to forget how Kimmorley could barley stand up in recent games he looked so old and run down couldnt even kick a field goal, Patten same deal looked old and run down.No disrespect to either of them both true champions.
how ever our club needed a fresh injection of new young strong and fast kids which we got and both are strike weapons just look at Barbas stats from last year compared to Pattens. Same with Hodko to Kimmorleys stats. We are in good hands n ow and tommorrow.
its going to be a great season. remember we have a lot of experience and youth and the boys will only get better.
WE WILL SMASH THE TIGERS ON THE EDGES WITH BIG FRANKIE CHARGING WITH BARBA CHIMING IN AND MORRIS BLITZIN EM OH AND DONT FORGET BIG IDRIS ON THE OTHER SIDE.

BULLDOGS 2011

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned but I sure hope Barba plays with confidence and listens to what he's being told. He can certainly handle the attacking aspect of fullback, it's more the defence and defensive direction he provides to the team that worries me.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The big question is if Barba is our best attacking weapon, he makes plenty of breaks, tries etc. yet he also has a very weak defensive game at fullback - what will Moore do?

You can not persist with a defensive liability even if he is your best attacking weapon can you ?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The halves will be just fine as long as the forwards do their jobs.

If the forwards are going forward it gives the halves room to move & we then have the backs to do they need.

Defence as a whole team will be the thing that will need to have improved from previous seasons. If KM has not worked on this through the offseason we might be in trouble.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I feel the talent is there to blow teams away ... on one off occasions

However doing it week in week out with grit, thats the real test

It's not a bad position to be in as a supporter cause you go to every game knowing IF the team turns up we can smack anyone which is better then deep down knowing we can't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.