News An attitude thing’: Ciraldo rips Bulldogs as ‘embarrassed’ skipper takes blame

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Rips” is a very strong word for someone who started the press conference smiling!
He's only been here 5 minutes. Most of us supporters have endured 7 long years of this shit. He won't be smiling for long. He'll be broken just like Barrett and Pay.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He'll be broken just like Barrett
If he keeps training them like Barrett, picking them like Barrett, & playing them like Barrett then it stands to reason that (sooner or later) things will end up just like Barrett.
Time for Ciraldo to find/show another way...unless this is all he's got.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he keeps training them like Barrett, picking them like Barrett, & playing them like Barrett then it stands to reason that (sooner or later) things will end up just like Barrett.
Time for Ciraldo to find/show another way...unless this is all he's got.
When he continues to talk about changes and doesn’t change anything. Then makes the statement we cannot keep doing the same thing. Ciro that is your job!

Start with working on Defence at training. Stop with the pass and hope game plan off every play. Have a look at the video of the game. Try and see where things are going wrong and try and address these issues.

We need size on the field at all times. I don’t care if you need to go back to RMC to find a big, solid no nonsense good defensive middle forward. With a few exceptions. The forward pack as a whole aren’t up to scratch.

Unpopular opinion, we should be starting with Flanagan at 9 and Reed as 14. Reed is probably the worst defensive 9 in the comp. He is good with the ball for the most part. He makes good decisions with the ball. Defensively however he gets dominated. Which in turn exposes our other middle forwards trying to cover him. When their defence isn’t great either we are playing off the back foot from the outset.

If Flanagan can do the dirty work and defend well for the first 20-30minutes then inject Reed against a more fatigued opposition. I think this would drastically improve the team’s output.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sounds logical but after watching our reserve grade play with quite a few changes they were still able to be cohesive and put in a good performance. Our reserves have used close to forty players this season due to promotion and injury.. Have the best for and against. The last two weeks have been really good for them and even though changes could have caused them issues the guys that did play look like they stuck to the processes and attacked and defended as if their lives depended on it. No issue with cohesion at all...
Maybe that's the difference between a winning and a losing culture.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That sounds logical but after watching our reserve grade play with quite a few changes they were still able to be cohesive and put in a good performance. Our reserves have used close to forty players this season due to promotion and injury.. Have the best for and against. The last two weeks have been really good for them and even though changes could have caused them issues the guys that did play look like they stuck to the processes and attacked and defended as if their lives depended on it. No issue with cohesion at all...
Sounds to me like the reserves coach should be coaching the 1st team. Just saying.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraoldo is no better then barret and pay clueless needs to go.you just can’t be that stupid with your rotations and positions of your players. How on earth can he keep perham at fullback I mean dead set

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus & Ciraldo whinged about the age/lack of experience in Sundays team, yet they had that loose cannon Reynolds not playing, they had Nu Brown playing Reggie’s, they had English international Ryan Sutton playing reserve grade…. All 3 with a fair bit of NRL experience and all 3 bought to the club thanks to f’ucking Gus and Ciraldo…. So why weren’t they playing? I don’t think the result would have been any better, but you can’t have it both ways!

What difference did Waddell add to the team when he came on vs the Sharks? NOTHING!

Perham has been an utter failure with his momentum killing runs and poor passing.. yet keeps getting selected.

Alamoti might have a nice fend, but that’s it. He’s got some promise, but isn’t doing a thing for the team.. yet he too keeps getting selected.

Max King looks a shadow of himself…we all love him, but he’s f’ucking out of form, and he too keeps getting selected!

Morrin like Topine might be small in stature, but f’uck they give it their all… give me more of these sort of players any day of the week over them imbeciles I named above!