News An attitude thing’: Ciraldo rips Bulldogs as ‘embarrassed’ skipper takes blame

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks to me like he’s lost that room.

2nd week in a row I’ve turned off 25min in, after they conceded a third try. Dogs games are back to being the least enjoyable game of the round
I agree we’re regressing of late, that needs to change asap, but yesterday’s game needs to be forgotten - Sharks had their best available, we had 2 internationals injured, 2 others out for origin and a club captain unavailable playing a desperate team looking to atone an embarrassing loss to Melbourne.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KO in the middle yesterday was a total failure and shocking coaching. He might be tough but not defensively strong enough to be in there.

we need to sign 2 props ASAP
2 if Pele can learn to be out there for a decent stint, otherwise 3. And a controlling half.

Might need some of those cock-a-doodle cap dollars…

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree. Okunbor has potential, but he needs solid units around him to get the best from his size and speed. Right now, he is carrying lazy units like TPJ.

If anyone has to go it must be Perham as first cab off the rank. He did nothing in the centres - couldn't even run away from the defence with the only break he made.

Averillo showed determination running down his winger, even though the try was scored on the other side of the field. Where was the scrambling defence after his try saver?
Knoconmore is useless and needs to be let go at seasons end, can't tackle to save his life or didn't you watch yesterdays game?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your kidding right?
Okenbur is much like Waddell, Averillo & co…. They’ll have one half decent game, people start creaming their pants over it, then for the next 2months go MIA

Okenbur is and always will be rubbish! He’s 7ft tall, built like a tank and yesterday much like games prior, can barely dominate a f’ucking tackle or catch a bomb
How does anyone think Knoconmore has potential, sick to death of seeing him in fg, couldn't even stop that try by Williams and stands there while his teammates are trying to stop a try, this guy is f'ing useless.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coach Ciraldo concedes the team can’t keep “doing the same thing” and expect a different result. Well Cameron the same thing goes for you! You can’t keep picking the same shit fullback and expect a different result!!!
Didn’t he move Averillo back there mid game? I didn’t see most of the game but sure I saw and heard that, when I had a quick look.

Even Gould was talking up Perham pregame yesterday (but was constantly criticising the team’s plays) so I reckon he and CC both believed he was the best option at fb. Human nature says you are less likely to make a rash decision when you believed you were right in the first place.

The good thing about CC is, he does make changes eventually, when someone isn’t working out. We as fans want it done immediately, but that’s just not realistic. A coach cannot chop and change willy nilly. He’d lose the dressing room quickly doing that.

He has persisted with Perham and Alamoti who have both been average, but the reality is, does CC have anyone better to try? Anyone of Burns, Papali’i or Rajab at fb is unlikely to be much better. Him switching Perham with Avo was probably the best option, but still not a great one. People don’t want to face the fact, that our squad is still dogshit. We all talk about wanting Skelton to get a run, but he may be just as ineffective in the top grade as any other option.

The fact that our NSW cup team are killing it, at least shows that we have players with promotion potential.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the team played with the intent and intensity of Morrin today, its a different game. Why can't they run with purpose like him - he is smaller and inexperienced FFS.
It’s simple really, as Gus said “he’s a Bulldog”. Sadly he’s one of the few with that tenacious attitude.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t he move Averillo back there mid game? I didn’t see most of the game but sure I saw and heard that, when I had a quick look.

Even Gould was talking up Perham pregame yesterday (but was constantly criticising the team’s plays) so I reckon he and CC both believed he was the best option at fb. Human nature says you are less likely to make a rash decision when you believed you were right in the first place.

The good thing about CC is, he does make changes eventually, when someone isn’t working out. We as fans want it done immediately, but that’s just not realistic. A coach cannot chop and change willy nilly. He’d lose the dressing room quickly doing that.

He has persisted with Perham and Alamoti who have both been average, but the reality is, does CC have anyone better to try? Anyone of Burns, Papali’i or Rajab at fb is unlikely to be much better. Him switching Perham with Avo was probably the best option, but still not a great one. People don’t want to face the fact, that our squad is still dogshit. We all talk about wanting Skelton to get a run, but he may be just as ineffective in the top grade as any other option.

The fact that our NSW cup team are killing it, at least shows that we have players with promotion potential.
Perham on good authority was dropped prior to Burton getting the origin call up. Skelton was ready to debut...Avo was slated in as FB...lack of experience because of JAC and Burto put a halt to the changes unfortunately.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham on good authority was dropped prior to Burton getting the origin call up. Skelton was ready to debut...Avo was slated in as FB...lack of experience because of JAC and Burto put a halt to the changes unfortunately.
Whether Burton was there or not this change should have been made. I would have been putting Burns at FB though.

This is how we should have lined up this week against the sharks.

1. Burns
2. Kiraz
3. Alomoti (right centre)
4. Averillo (left centre)
5. Skelton

Unfortunately nothing was going to help our powder puff forwards.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Put Okunbor into a team like the Storm, or Broncos and he would be playing SOO by now. He has potential to be another Kickau if we can give him the front row the team desperately needs.
He would never ever ever make those sides. No one in the nrl would do what we are doing and especially in first grade. He is the worst forward and player I’ve seen in a long time.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the exact question that needs to be answered.

Personally I think Cc is too serious and has taken the enjoyment out of the game for the players. Same as T Baz.
Under Potter's short reign last year the players looked like they were enjoying themselves, basically letting the play what's in front of them with less structure. The results showed that.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Coach Ciraldo concedes the team can’t keep “doing the same thing” and expect a different result. Well Cameron the same thing goes for you! You can’t keep picking the same shit fullback and expect a different result!!!
The Fullback?
How can you blame one player. They win as a team and lose as a team. The whole team should hang their heads in shame with the exception of a couple that put in every week.
Including the coaching staff!!!!

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Put Okunbor into a team like the Storm, or Broncos and he would be playing SOO by now. He has potential to be another Kickau if we can give him the front row the team desperately needs.
I agree to an extent. He could be very good as I've said before, but any confidence is out the window. This goes for the whole team. Confidence is what we are lacking.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Problem is that we have different troops every week, so no cohesion can be formed from the lessons learned.
That sounds logical but after watching our reserve grade play with quite a few changes they were still able to be cohesive and put in a good performance. Our reserves have used close to forty players this season due to promotion and injury.. Have the best for and against. The last two weeks have been really good for them and even though changes could have caused them issues the guys that did play look like they stuck to the processes and attacked and defended as if their lives depended on it. No issue with cohesion at all...