Amazing stats from 2014 GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hokko knee was cooked and Reynolds dislocated shoulder first tackle he made, and to the mod who sooked yesty for me giving this wanker a serve! How bout u ban this troll instead of sooking at me?
Thanks , there must have been some explanation. Impossible to win with both halves injured.
And lets not forget that Josh Morris started the game with a dud knee.

So with Reynolds shoulder injury being a first tackle situation we were never going to be in it at the end with both halves and our left centre gone.

Our forwards went well with Jammer putting in a real big one.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half the side was busted that game including reynolds, hodkinson, morris and we could have really done with kasianos size against the souths pack and also ennis in the middle. We didn't really deserve that scoreline it only blew out in the last 10

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But wait till we give the Storm a good touch up this weekend.
Bahaha howd that go for ya? 50 by dragons then 40 on ya from storm, mate only difference between dogs shit year and manly fantastic year is we will be on holidays 1 week earlier than u blokes bahahaha

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I find "amazing" in less than 3 years the two teams which played in the 2014 grand final are now so bad. It's a sharp fall in such a small amount of time. Souths have Gagai and a returning Inglis to look forward to next season. The Dogs may struggle to make the 8 again without more moves in regards to the playing roster for 2018 and a significant overhaul in attacking gameplan.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
AS a Sea Beagle fan, I watched a lot of the Grand Final in 2014 between the Dogs and the Rabbits again on you tube a while back to see how Api Kroisau went at hooker for the Rabbits. He had been getting a fearful serving from many of the Eagles fans as some sort of dud reserve grader and watching him in this game just reinforced my own view that we had ourselves a beauty.

I had a look at the stats from this game to check something else out but I almost choked on my sausage roll when I saw the stats for the Dogs halves combination.

Reynolds ...... 2 runs for 2 metres (80 minutes)

Hodkinson ....... 1 run for 1 metre ( 80 mins ) metre looks strange without the "s" on the end !

I'm not having a cheap shot but I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is true and if so how is it possible?

Were they injured or just following instructions I wonder?

On an unrelated issue, I find it hard to really rate coaches accurately but in saying that I couldn't imagine Bellamy taking the Raiders almost to the GF one year and then guide them towards the other end of the table the next . Ricky Stuart may have had some bad luck this year but they look really poorly coached and I think that is the big issue.
Here are some amazing stats from Manly's latest loss to Tigers at Leichhardt yesterday.

According to commentators, that's Manly's 6th loss from the last 7 visits to Leichhardt. Amazing!

Manly led 20-6 at half time and amazingly was outscored 24 points to 6 in the second half to come crashing down 30-26 in the end.

Manly lost the game in what was probably Tigers' last possession for the game, but couldn't make one more lousy tackle.

With Manly leading 26-24 and time almost up, all the no-name Manly winger had to do was make a hit up and make sure he kept possession, but he could't cut it. Amazing! Manly better go buy some other winger like Valentine Holmes or that Uate guy from Newcastle. Oh wait ....

And the most amazing stat of all. A win would have moved Manly into the top 4 but the loss to second last place Tigers drops Manly down to 7th position and could well have stuffed their prospects of a top 4 finish.

Without a top 4 finish, Manly has as much chance of winning the 2017 premiership as Bulldogs. Zero.

Don't you love the way the game of Rugby League keeps providing all these amazing stats? It's really quite .... amazing.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about we go onto the Manly forums and remind you of the SBW Grand Final return.

From the bell ringing, the goanna and Burgess' ugly mug the whole match was a disaster. We were spent in the run up the grand final. You either make the top 4 or forget it. There shouldn't even be a top 8 in my opinion. If you can't make the top 4 then the team isn't good enough any way. 5th to 8th = making up the numbers
And making up the $$$

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I find "amazing" in less than 3 years the two teams which played in the 2014 grand final are now so bad. It's a sharp fall in such a small amount of time. Souths have Gagai and a returning Inglis to look forward to next season. The Dogs may struggle to make the 8 again without more moves in regards to the playing roster for 2018 and a significant overhaul in attacking gameplan.
Not a surprise for me, both teams emerged in 2012, had big forward packs, never adjusted well enough to the rule changes e.g. reduced interchange and did not rebuild after the 3-4 year premiership window.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a surprise for me, both teams emerged in 2012, had big forward packs, never adjusted well enough to the rule changes e.g. reduced interchange and did not rebuild after the 3-4 year premiership window.
Hmm I think that has more to do with Des than anything else. The Sharks have a big forward pack and it hasn't held them back.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about jono wrights error count from the 2012 GF and that genius kick that the wossy barba had to attack but let storm score a try

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here are some amazing stats from Manly's latest loss to Tigers at Leichhardt yesterday.

According to commentators, that's Manly's 6th loss from the last 7 visits to Leichhardt. Amazing!

Manly led 20-6 at half time and amazingly was outscored 24 points to 6 in the second half to come crashing down 30-26 in the end.

Manly lost the game in what was probably Tigers' last possession for the game, but couldn't make one more lousy tackle.

With Manly leading 26-24 and time almost up, all the no-name Manly winger had to do was make a hit up and make sure he kept possession, but he could't cut it. Amazing! Manly better go buy some other winger like Valentine Holmes or that Uate guy from Newcastle. Oh wait ....

And the most amazing stat of all. A win would have moved Manly into the top 4 but the loss to second last place Tigers drops Manly down to 7th position and could well have stuffed their prospects of a top 4 finish.

Without a top 4 finish, Manly has as much chance of winning the 2017 premiership as Bulldogs. Zero.

Don't you love the way the game of Rugby League keeps providing all these amazing stats? It's really quite .... amazing.
The cries of sack Barrett will be bouncing around Brookvale as we speak

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But you have seen their halves and backs haven't you.....
Halves recruited by Flanagan. Our coach builds the team he wants and then doesn't realise that it's no good. Not sure why we didn't even make a play for Maloney?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Halves recruited by Flanagan. Our coach builds the team he wants and then doesn't realise that it's no good. Not sure why we didn't even make a play for Maloney?
If Maloney was a one off rejection then I could understand that. He makes more errors than anyone else in the game and he is the most penalised player in the comp. Sure he does a lot of good things but he is a high risk player which was why the Chooks weren't crying when he left. Sharks have been able to cover for his errors - up until this year. Townsend was a local junior so he didn't have to do much to get him. He came back to sharks because of his kids/family. But the important thing is that while the Sharks have size in their pack they also have great mobility. Fifita, Lewis, Graham, Heighington and Bakuya are all very mobile forwards and Gallen runs straight. Big difference to our lot. Even bunnies have Surgess and Crichton who both run straight, hard and offload. We have.......

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
AS a Sea Beagle fan, I watched a lot of the Grand Final in 2014 between the Dogs and the Rabbits again on you tube a while back to see how Api Kroisau went at hooker for the Rabbits. He had been getting a fearful serving from many of the Eagles fans as some sort of dud reserve grader and watching him in this game just reinforced my own view that we had ourselves a beauty.

I had a look at the stats from this game to check something else out but I almost choked on my sausage roll when I saw the stats for the Dogs halves combination.

Reynolds ...... 2 runs for 2 metres (80 minutes)

Hodkinson ....... 1 run for 1 metre ( 80 mins ) metre looks strange without the "s" on the end !

I'm not having a cheap shot but I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is true and if so how is it possible?

Were they injured or just following instructions I wonder?

On an unrelated issue, I find it hard to really rate coaches accurately but in saying that I couldn't imagine Bellamy taking the Raiders almost to the GF one year and then guide them towards the other end of the table the next . Ricky Stuart may have had some bad luck this year but they look really poorly coached and I think that is the big issue.
Here is an amazing stat from week 1 of the semis

Pamfers winners

Sea Eagles losers

Sea Eagles GOOOOOOOONNNNEEEEE!

First team eliminated.

Now that's amazing.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here is an amazing stat from week 1 of the semis

Pamfers winners

Sea Eagles losers

Sea Eagles GOOOOOOOONNNNEEEEE!

First team eliminated.

Now that's amazing.
Half the team were unwanted reserve graders from other clubs so making the eight was the bit that the critics are amazed at.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Half the team were unwanted reserve graders from other clubs so making the eight was the bit that the critics are amazed at.
Do you guys want an unwanted coach to coach your unwanted players? I know a guy.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we were all over the place without ennis in that game, mbye couldnt find even anybody with a pass on the last tackle and it was a complete mess

however we were still in the game at the hour mark until mbye was too tired and they ripped us open up the middle, it still pisses me off so much that we didnt have ennis for that game and therefore werent able to give our best shot because i had a running battle with people on here who thought that we were nothing without barba and that there was no chance to win the title

earlier in the year he was huge in our easter comeback win over the bunnies and also was at his annoying best against them just a few weeks previous in a close match decided in the last 5 minutes with a dubious souths try, so i still think there was every chance we could win the title, the way we crushed our 2012 foe melbourne 3 times that season by a combined 74-20 including one game with trex in the halves was proof enough

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you guys want an unwanted coach to coach your unwanted players? I know a guy.
The poster who goes by the name of 'desreturnoftheking' would just be so happy to get the great man back where he belongs. Just between you and me I have some doubts regarding his sanity. ( and I'm getting a bit concerned about Disco Des as well.)

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Whether the above is amazing or not, what is most amazing of all is that you started a thread on the Bulldogs fan website detailing how crap certain Bulldogs players had gone in the Bulldogs most recent grand final loss.

Losing the grand final would clearly be a sore point for Bulldogs fans. And you chose to drag all this stuff up several years after a game most Bulldogs supporters would care to forget. You receive various adverse reactions to what you wrote and somehow seem surprised by those reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.