Amazing stats from 2014 GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
AS a Sea Beagle fan, I watched a lot of the Grand Final in 2014 between the Dogs and the Rabbits again on you tube a while back to see how Api Kroisau went at hooker for the Rabbits. He had been getting a fearful serving from many of the Eagles fans as some sort of dud reserve grader and watching him in this game just reinforced my own view that we had ourselves a beauty.

I had a look at the stats from this game to check something else out but I almost choked on my sausage roll when I saw the stats for the Dogs halves combination.

Reynolds ...... 2 runs for 2 metres (80 minutes)

Hodkinson ....... 1 run for 1 metre ( 80 mins ) metre looks strange without the "s" on the end !

I'm not having a cheap shot but I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is true and if so how is it possible?

Were they injured or just following instructions I wonder?

On an unrelated issue, I find it hard to really rate coaches accurately but in saying that I couldn't imagine Bellamy taking the Raiders almost to the GF one year and then guide them towards the other end of the table the next . Ricky Stuart may have had some bad luck this year but they look really poorly coached and I think that is the big issue.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be fair Hokko did his knee in the Manly game and shouldn't have played and Reynolds dislocated his shoulder in his first tackle so that could explain some of it.

In saying that I have never watched that game again and never will so maybe someone else has more info.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Hodkinson's knee was gone and Reynolds shoulder also. I too have not watched it again and never will. The Burgess try broke out back and every time they show highlights of Inglis it's that final goanna off a horrible forward pass

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about we go onto the Manly forums and remind you of the SBW Grand Final return.

From the bell ringing, the goanna and Burgess' ugly mug the whole match was a disaster. We were spent in the run up the grand final. You either make the top 4 or forget it. There shouldn't even be a top 8 in my opinion. If you can't make the top 4 then the team isn't good enough any way. 5th to 8th = making up the numbers

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On top of the flogging by the the Broncs and our current situation,you want me to think about the 2014 gf??????
Mate your a nice bloke but you are fucking killing me

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AS a Sea Beagle fan, I watched a lot of the Grand Final in 2014 between the Dogs and the Rabbits again on you tube a while back to see how Api Kroisau went at hooker for the Rabbits. He had been getting a fearful serving from many of the Eagles fans as some sort of dud reserve grader and watching him in this game just reinforced my own view that we had ourselves a beauty.

I had a look at the stats from this game to check something else out but I almost choked on my sausage roll when I saw the stats for the Dogs halves combination.

Hodkinson ....... 1 run for 1 metre ( 80 mins ) metre looks strange without the "s" on the end !

I'm not having a cheap shot but I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is true and if so how is it possible?

On an unrelated issue, I find it hard to really rate coaches accurately but in saying that I couldn't imagine Bellamy taking the Raiders almost to the GF one year and then guide them towards the other end of the table the next . Ricky Stuart may have had some bad luck this year but they look really poorly coached and I think that is the big issue.
Hokko knee was cooked and Reynolds dislocated shoulder first tackle he made, and to the mod who sooked yesty for me giving this wanker a serve! How bout u ban this troll instead of sooking at me?

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair Hokko did his knee in the Manly game and shouldn't have played and Reynolds dislocated his shoulder in his first tackle so that could explain some of it.

In saying that I have never watched that game again and never will so maybe someone else has more info.
Thanks , there must have been some explanation. Impossible to win with both halves injured.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hokko knee was cooked and Reynolds dislocated shoulder first tackle he made, and to the mod who sooked yesty for me giving this wanker a serve! How bout u ban this troll instead of sooking at me?
I don't mind getting a serve on your forum , it's to be expected , doesn't worry me , but I was interested in finding out the truth behind these stats and thanks for those who enlightened me. And by the way , two of my favorite players of all time are Brett Kenny and Steve Mortimer because I follow other players with interest even though I follow the Sea Beagles.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How about we go onto the Manly forums and remind you of the SBW Grand Final return.

From the bell ringing, the goanna and Burgess' ugly mug the whole match was a disaster. We were spent in the run up the grand final. You either make the top 4 or forget it. There shouldn't even be a top 8 in my opinion. If you can't make the top 4 then the team isn't good enough any way. 5th to 8th = making up the numbers
It was a big effort to make the GF for sure and I agree about the top eight , I liked it better when it was a top five. SBW'S return most likely cost us GF win but I'm still pissed off about Haynes appalling performance as a ref in that game not SBW which was a telling recruitment coup.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Both were injured, one prior to the match, the other very early on. I don't think you're having a cheap shot I think you are trolling. If I didn't know better I'd say you are still a little butthurt that Hasler deserted your club after the grand final and left you with Geoff (I don't remember how to blink and have less idea about coaching) Toovey while you still had a squad capable of challenging for another premiership. Your done and forward pack at that time were classy.

I do agree with one thing from your post though. Api Korisau in my opinion did more to win them the match than Luke would have managed. They play a similar role with their dummy half running, but Luke would have peppered that game liberally with cheap penalties. The dogs made a poor choice in playing an untried player at hooker (coincidentally it was his first ever game at hooker) which completely killed our forwards ability to play their usual hard running game. Defensively Mbye did well but he wasn't fit to lace up Ennis's boots and shouldn't have played such an important role in the GF.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On top of the flogging by the the Broncs and our current situation,you want me to think about the 2014 gf??????
Mate your a nice bloke but you are fucking killing me
Sorry mate, happy days are just around the corner for the Dogs. I'm just curious about things and not trying to be a goose.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
selective stats are great justifying ones opinion.

here is anther stat from the same game

Try Assist:

Josh Reynolds: 1

Adam Rrynolds: 0

Appi Kroisau : 0

Also

Adam Reynold ran 20 meters from 5 runs.

what was your point again?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is wrong with people in this forum. Yes his a supporter of another team but he didn't mention or say anything bad. His just stating what we all know that the coach has no bloody idea... don't see and trolling from his comment. Chillax people

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mate, happy days are just around the corner for the Dogs. I'm just curious about things and not trying to be a goose.
All good mate things are just very raw for all dogs supporters Atm.
You are certainly more optimistic about our future than I am I believe we have a five year rebuilding period coming up(after des leaves) as a 30 plus year dogs supporter this is the lowest I have felt about the club ever

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy days ???:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
That's a big corner brother, foran and woods ain't changing us to a top 4 side .
Next year you would expect improvements , but that's not hard considering we are at the bottom of the shit heap .considering our club is happy just to make the 8 we will probably limp into it in 2018 just there to make the numbers. The club will put some media bullshit spin on how we should be happy with being bog average and extend super coach for another few years.
By the time they have the balls to say no more we need to clear the shit heap and rebuild. That will take a few years to rebuild and form a sqaud that can actually make a premiership charge.
In short unless supercoach has a good run of luck and can fluke a few things and somehow jag a grandfinal, i dare say we are fucked for a few years to come yet.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both were injured, one prior to the match, the other very early on. I don't think you're having a cheap shot I think you are trolling. If I didn't know better I'd say you are still a little butthurt that Hasler deserted your club after the grand final and left you with Geoff (I don't remember how to blink and have less idea about coaching) Toovey while you still had a squad capable of challenging for another premiership. Your done and forward pack at that time were classy.

I do agree with one thing from your post though. Api Korisau in my opinion did more to win them the match than Luke would have managed. They play a similar role with their dummy half running, but Luke would have peppered that game liberally with cheap penalties. The dogs made a poor choice in playing an untried player at hooker (coincidentally it was his first ever game at hooker) which completely killed our forwards ability to play their usual hard running game. Defensively Mbye did well but he wasn't fit to lace up Ennis's boots and shouldn't have played such an important role in the GF.
was that the game when mbye played the ball facing the wrong way?

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I'm not your typical fan to be honest and of course I'm not going to be received that well on this forum by some. I like talking footy and that's why I'm here. There was a lot of angst by fans at Manly when Hasler left and when Toovey was sacked but it just doesn't really worry me that much. I focus almost entirely on the players and the recruitment and that's where I derive my joy from the game. I've been following the footy since the early 70's and just about all my memories revolve around what happens on the field and having a great roster. All this crap about Manly only winning with ex players in the coaches role is just laughable. Only ex Manly players have had a team which could win the title. Hopefully Barrett will be the exception.

In a way I'm a bit confused about the situation at the Dogs as I thought they would have had a title or two under Hasler. One thing I can't work out is players speed and its development. Jamie Lyon and Matai were a bit on the slow side in their early years at Manly but they appeared to me to get a lot faster to the point where their speed and acceleration became a key element in our great era. I haven't seen the same development with other players like Will Hopoate for example. Brian Kelly At Manly could be great with more speed as well.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
was that the game when mbye played the ball facing the wrong way?
I don't recall him playing it the wrong way in the grand final. I know that he was dreadfully slow getting the ball away in that game though and Souths were in our face all day.

I'm not your typical fan to be honest and of course I'm not going to be received that well on this forum by some. I like talking footy and that's why I'm here. There was a lot of angst by fans at Manly when Hasler left and when Toovey was sacked but it just doesn't really worry me that much. I focus almost entirely on the players and the recruitment and that's where I derive my joy from the game. I've been following the footy since the early 70's and just about all my memories revolve around what happens on the field and having a great roster. All this crap about Manly only winning with ex players in the coaches role is just laughable. Only ex Manly players have had a team which could win the title. Hopefully Barrett will be the exception.

In a way I'm a bit confused about the situation at the Dogs as I thought they would have had a title or two under Hasler. One thing I can't work out is players speed and its development. Jamie Lyon and Matai were a bit on the slow side in their early years at Manly but they appeared to me to get a lot faster to the point where their speed and acceleration became a key element in our great era. I haven't seen the same development with other players like Will Hopoate for example. Brian Kelly At Manly could be great with more speed as well.
I'm sorry if I've misjudged innocent comments as trolling. But with fans around here repeating the sack everyone mantra ad nauseam it's ready to read things as opposing fans coming here just to stir shit.

As far as Haslers coaching goes, I think that he had some great players available at Manly when he won his premierships. And coupled with that his structures revolved around exploiting what is now considered obstruction plays, but at that time were decoy runners. In 2012 the dogs used hot potato football with the forwards to add unpredictability th hat Hasler had with halves at manly and on the edges of devout running created space for backs. In 2013 the NRL outlawed decoy running which screwed us badly and in part was why Barba showed a shadow of his 2012 form (his attitude had taken a bad shift too). I could be very wrong about this, but with a lot of players at Manly improving physically I don't think you can discount the presence of Dank and his particular brand of Sports science' as a factor. When he moved to the sharks they also experienced some drastic improvements which led to them having their best season to date. As it turns out at that time his secret turned out to be peptide treatments which have since become testable by ASADA. Might have been a factor in the improvement of some Manly players too.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I prefer to remember the 1995 GF.. lets talk about that one

Status
Not open for further replies.