Alleged Ryan Tandy Betting Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Guys.... generally all of us know what a person does who is not good at lying and no matter what ever way you look at Tandy in that video.... he looks nervous!

nervous giggles, nervously looking around, not making eye contact....

I hope I am wrong

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Walked past that orange haired bastard at Moore Park about 8 months ago and wanted to mouth off at him. Lucky it's not now or I'd be giving him a gobfull.

Basically you have Weasel and a mate of his firing questions at Tandy with a camera in his face, and it all looks very convenient.

If the Bulldogs are smart they've have asked Danny, Co and Camera to leave immediately. Infact for any future media interviews they should bar all involved.

That footage is nothing more than a character assasination, and if it turns out Tandy is clear of any wrongdoing, he should hammer Danny and Co for defamation (and I wouldn't rule it out).

Basically they have accused him of wrongdoing without any evidence.

Yes I have my blue and white glasses off, but in order for anything sus to be proven, they'd have to have taken the kick.

Look at all the sus ref calls in a game.. it is FAR more likely with games being able to be bet on DURING the game, that refs are putting money on than anyone else.

So basically someone put money on the first points being from a penalty to Cowboys, and everyone is up in arms about it because Tandy is somewhat ill disciplined.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
This is probably more like where the suspicion should lie. The referee's are much more able to manipulate where the first penalty is going to be scored more easily than first tryscorer or the eventual results. You could get suspicious about Tandy but unless there is proof of Tandy or his rellos placing the bets it's all just a beat up. I'd be making sure that nobody affiliated with the refereees is involved though. Refereeing is a major joke.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol what video he was probs nervous i would be on camera

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Bulldogs lose 20 points for giving away a penalty! Thanks ****ing ****s!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So Tandy organised the whole 7 minutes of the first half to get the Cowboys directly in front of the posts to give away a penalty. Please.

Tandy tipped off the ref in the first set, making the Dogs get called back from a possible try, Please.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It seems a few players have read John Elias' book and got some ideas. The circumstances there were both teams out of finals contention, and the fix would not result in them actually losing the game.

The footage looks terrible. It makes me sick to think it might have happened, but if you think this is just Weidler throwing mud at the club you are kidding yourself. Nothing may come of this without any other proof apart from the footage, but it does not mean it didn't happen. Take another look at the footage of the lost ball and lying on the tackled player. It was ridiculous.
I just hope this story doesn't take all the attention off Pattens and Noddy's last home game which I think it will. This wont go away very easily.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Weidler to ask the opions from SBW and Mundine. He seems to for every thing else.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if anyone knows anything about or how one could set up a betting plunge on most of the big sporting betting agancies it would have to be a reporter.. they have the media outlets for the most recent odds, they speak with the betting agents daily, ..... what happened ??????? did your cash cold hahahaha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do people have blue and white goggles on when they say we're not a mess, that almost all of our players don't try or when they try and convince themselves that we haven't overpaid for numerous players massively out of sheer desperation? Funny how those "blue and white goggles" can come on and off so easily when it suits whichever argument. People ripped into the Roosters for being a transit lounge, now we're one and those same people justify it and say "win at whatever cost" and "who cares who makes up the team"? Those must be some prescription blue and white goggles.

Tandy may well be guilty of this. I'm not saying he definitely isn't. I am saying things can be over scrutnised and blown out of proportion based on some heavy scrutiny and hysteria perpetuated from the media.

Think about how many dumb, blatant, crazy penalties our players have given away this year. Think about how many pathetic, soft missed tackles we've missed that have led to tries. Think about how many players haven't tried. Why weren't they cheating or on the take then? Who is to say they weren't betting against us? Maybe they just bet on bigger markets where it was harder to notice these things? Maybe other players all year and for years have done similar things? It's even more naive and narrow minded to think that this mightn't have happened on other occasions or has happened for years throughout the NRL.

If he was clearly guilty, I'd roast him. It'd be a disgrace and I'd have no respect for him. And the footage doesn't look good. But there is no definitive proof and you could quite easily make something look much worse than it is by replaying another dumb penalty in another game or another bunch of missed tackles in another game where we leaked 40 points and ask the same questions.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
when any attacking team gets to within 10 or 15 meters of the try line, its very common for the players to lay on the attacking player slowing play down for his own side to get set in defence... weidler is trying to make something out of nothing

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I am in absolute laughter at all the people in this thread who are body language experts saying he looks guilty in the interview. You guys should apply for a job at the FBI or CIA immaediately.

Yeah, Tandy set the whole thing up - It would be a certainty that a team coming 13th on the ladder with nothing at all to play for would take a penalty to lead 2 nil in this MASSIVE game.
Wake up people, its a load of Bull Sh1t!!!!

Futher to this, I demand that the media and the NRL apologise to Tandy for this load of rubbish. The poor guy is shattered over this crap, he is being made to look like a criminal on a crime that never even happened. Its disgraceful.

Last edited by a moderator:

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn’t see the incident but if a penalty was awarded to the cowboys because of a poor Ryan Tandy play the ball
If u look back at every play the ball he does in any game, they are all shocking and deserve to be penalties because he doesn’t even stand to play it he just jumps in the air and pretty much throws the ball under him before he falls to the ground. So it isn’t just a one off thing that’s how Tandy plays the ball

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And hold on Maybe a player from North QLD was behind it
Someone High in the team a Captian or someone like that if they received a penalty would have come in and said we want the 2 points
but they didnt have enough time because the stupid NQLD play took the quick tap option

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am in absolute laughter at all the people in this thread who are body language experts saying he looks guilty in the interview. You guys should apply for a job at the FBI or CIA immaediately.

Yeah, Tandy set the whole thing up - It would be a certainty that a team coming 13th on the ladder with nothing at all to play for would take a penalty to lead 2 nil in this MASSIVE game.
Wake up people, its a load of Bull Sh1t!!!!

Futher to this, I demand that the media and the NRL apologise to Tandy for this load of rubbish. The poor guy is shattered over this crap, he is being made to look like a criminal on a crime that never even happened. Its disgraceful.
Absolutely. Was about to post something very similar to this.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only in Australia are you guilty until proven innocent. Love it.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now that I have seen the footage for the first time, I must admit this is a total over reaction. He did not flop. He slowed the play the ball, and was twisting his own body to get to marker before the attacker got up.

Any one who has played league knows that is what you are taught from the age of 12. Ennis being the tackler up high gets off 1st, Tandy being the lower tackler gets of 2nd. Common practice and many times does not result in a penalty.

FFS there are worse in every round of footy.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where did the "Tandy bet on Cowboys being 1st goal scorer" come from? Who first brought that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.