Alleged betting scandal affect on memberships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you guys renew your memberships, regardless of the alleged betting scandal result?

I'm going to wait and see the outcome, before I rejoin. I have a group of around 20 friends and family doing the same.

Despite all the negative media, our players should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If proven guilty, there is no way I'm renewing my membership.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Will you guys renew your memberships, regardless of the alleged betting scandal result?

I'm going to wait and see the outcome, before I rejoin. I have a group of around 20 friends and family doing the same.

Despite all the negative media, our players should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If proven guilty, there is no way I'm renewing my membership.

If one player is involved will it effect your decision? For me, it won't! If the whole team is involved (Or a large portion), i'll still join however i won't be happy at all!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Membership is about the club not a few players that "could" be guilty.

If those players are found guilty then will you stop supporting the Bulldogs?

End of story.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the club cant control what the players do, but they can control the consequences for their actions.

Any player found guilty will have his contract torn up. That to me is good enough...

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
I will not get membership this year if the fresh rumours are true!

Rumours first indicated 1 Bulldogs player allegedly involved, the latest rumours now have 6 players directly involved!
And not just surrounding the Cowboys game in Townsville!

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why take it out on the club if a player or 2 were
doing the wrong thing ???...
I have said many times, i support The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs team..not players...
IF players are guilty , then get rid of them, but ill still support the club and in no way will i hold it
responsible for the action of what are supposed to be adults ....

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will not get membership this year if the fresh rumours are true!

Rumours first indicated 1 Bulldogs player allegedly involved, the latest rumours now have 6 players directly involved!
And not just surrounding the Cowboys game in Townsville!
Rumours are just that.

Ill be VERY suprised if any are involved (Tandy not included)

There must not be much evidence if it was supposed to be announced by now and they are still just interviewing

stueymclaugh

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Guarantied renewed membership, still only rumours and I back the current club administration to deal with situation swiftly and harshly.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
I think it's hard to say that memberships will be affected. Personally I wouldn't want any of our players to be involved in this scandal. It will be unfortunate if it surfaces that a few more players were involved but judging from media articles it doesn't seem so. We are Bulldogs supporters at the end of the day we've been through more stressful times.

I'll still be supporting the team and getting a membership for next year.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Membership is about the club not a few players that "could" be guilty.

If those players are found guilty then will you stop supporting the Bulldogs?

End of story.
Yeah, but it's still going to hurt the brand, if Bulldogs players are found guilty. The negative publicity isn't doing us any favours.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just renewed my membership. Hopefully it doesn't pan out negatively! I considered no renewing if they were. At the end of the day if they are involved the club will get rid of them in an instant.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's still going to hurt the brand, if Bulldogs players are found guilty. The negative publicity isn't doing us any favours.
Well said, let's not forget we may lose sponsers and TV time through all this!

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Well said, let's not forget we may lose sponsers and TV time through all this!
We lost NTG because of the salary cap scandal. So a precedent had already been set.
Then again, Mitsubishi Electric stuck by us through the whole Coffs Harbour scandal.

I'll wait till this plays out before I decide to renew my membership. Worst case scenario: I won't be renewing.

However, I will never support any other NRL club. I've bled blue-and-white all my life.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
We lost NTG because of the salary cap scandal. So a precedent had already been set.
Then again, Mitsubishi Electric stuck by us through the whole Coffs Harbour scandal.
Exactly! Sponsorship is imperative in world sport, I just finished a case study on Sponsorship in sport as part of a course I am doing.
One of the things that shocked me about our club when compared to other clubs is the lack of exposure our club gives to its sponsors, we were the only sports team in both codes not to advertise our sponsors on players polo’s during media appearances and training gear during open training sessions. It might not seem a big deal but trust me it has a huge effect on potential sponsors etc...

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Still going to be a member.

No chance in hell the whole team or most are guilty. And that's the only thing that would make me not renew my membership - but it's ridiculous to even presume that this would be the scenario.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they are found guilty, and the club tears up contracts, I will re join. I hope theses are only rumours.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Did you renew after the Salary Cap breach?

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
It won't affect membership for the true supporters of the club. I for one will be renewing my membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.