Rumour Alex Twal to become a Bulldog

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We dont need Twal to work in the middle

If we want a worker in the middle, shift Preston to lock who is 10x the player twal is and sign Koloamatangi or Jordan Riki to play on the right edge

Riki is only on 350k and no way can the Broncos match the cashed up clubs, considering they have already upgraded Haas, Carrigan and also need to upgrade Walsh substantially
Preston is an out and out edge. His skill set would be wasted at lock. And also lacks the skill set to play lock.

Every player needs to play in their best position. Something that wasn’t done this season. Look how that turned out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Twal averages 45.9 minutes a game and averages 106 metres a game (this year). That's 2.31 metres/minute. Tolman averaged 60.8 minutes/game and averaged 140.8 metres/game (2020). That's a 2.32 metres/minute game. I personally don't think you can afford to carry a plodder like this without an offload or tackle break anymore.
How many forwards do we have that average 100 metres a game and make 98% of their tackles? I'll take a consistent Twal as a short term option over the liabilities that we have in our pack.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Channel 7 mentioned something about it, didn’t hear it properly as I was away from the TV, all I heard was Twal and Bulldogs.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand people have a certain type of player they want but what I don’t understand is the hate Twal gets.

Hes dependable and gets his job done and that’s all we can ask for as a start, for years we have been stuck with supposed super stars who are complete turds, lazy, not dependable and sucked up big coin.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People need to understand that Tigers have a cluster of forwards coming through and in their current setup in firsts. Twal is getting shafted because they paid him too much money when times in their pack were dire, not because he’s shit. They need that money to spend on their absolute shithouse backs and more depth. Tigers have one of the better forward packs in the league that Ofengauhe and Twal are benchies and are being moved on

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Preston is an out and out edge. His skill set would be wasted at lock. And also lacks the skill set to play lock.

Every player needs to play in their best position. Something that wasn’t done this season. Look how that turned out.
Preston can play lock and second row, just like Josh Jackson did

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes a decent forward tbh, hes not why tigers are where they are, and its a surprise with all the deadwood they do have in the side, that they would shed someone who always put in and did his job. I think its because they have so much money in forwards with Klemmer and Papalii there

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree, Preston reminds me of a young A Crichton. He will get better as he keeps playing.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In general...Gus declared 8 or 9 players will be signed.
These are the possibilities
For 2024
Mann
Hutckison
SST
Twal
Faasauili
Greig
2025 possibilities
Luai
Fotuaika if Hunt signs for the Titans, Fotuaika will be here 2024.
What remains is the mysterious 9th.
How will it pan out ???

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In general...Gus declared 8 or 9 players will be signed.
These are the possibilities
For 2024
Mann
Hutckison
SST
Twal
Faasauili
Greig
2025 possibilities
Luai
Fotuaika if Hunt signs for the Titans, Fotuaika will be here 2024.
What remains is the mysterious 9th.
How will it pan out ???
Greig re signed but wish we could sign him