Alarm Bells Mahoney vs JMK

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He is so good parra overuse those 20 m passes a bit imo. Could go in behind the ruck a bit more. But hey 50 is 50.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching him closely last night and am frothing. Can't wait to have his crisp d/h service. Even with our average pack, he will make a huge difference. The thing I noticed is how efficient and effective Mahoney is at getting his forwards charging downfield. They killed the horse doing that, and the points come off the back of it. The forwards trust they're going to get the ball right in their bread basket 99/100 so only have to worry about getting a head of steam up. It's awesome to watch.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully far less smash collisions just as they receive the ball reaching at head height to gather it in.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was watching him closely last night and am frothing. Can't wait to have his crisp d/h service. Even with our average pack, he will make a huge difference. The thing I noticed is how efficient and effective Mahoney is at getting his forwards charging downfield. They killed the horse doing that, and the points come off the back of it. The forwards trust they're going to get the ball right in their bread basket 99/100 so only have to worry about getting a head of steam up. It's awesome to watch.
Watch the play where he works the short-side for Moses off the back of the quick Papali'i PTB. He jumps over two defenders laying in the ruck, grabs the ball and in one motion darts to the right and drops a peach of a pass to Mitch Moses which gets them rolling.

JMK would have tried to throw a cut-out ball to the winger which would work out 1/10 times, and end up in the 3rd row 9/10 times.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see us implement a power game again and having 4 decent go forward options off the bench would be nice for a change.
We have been using the powder puff game ever since the signing of Woods.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Im expecting our left edge to be a lot more potent next year with that crisp passing from Mahoney and also Kikau.