No Source Alamoti

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep even when he makes a correct read, he doesn’t have the lateral movement to make the tackle. I could see him playing in the middle soon. His fend and ball playing skills could make for decent second rower/lock
He could be a Sam Moa type of forward.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He could be a Sam Moa type of forward.
13 - he can ball play - slow for a centre but mobile for a 13. Different type of defending in the middle - much less one on one and speed

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taaffe will play FB. And if not then he can be 7, Dona much better job at either of those positions players have played this year. And at least he will pay us back with heart/passion and hard work. And he does it well.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
13 - he can ball play - slow for a centre but mobile for a 13. Different type of defending in the middle - much less one on one and speed
Yep 13.. he’s still got a bit of growing to do as well

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yo who gots dat good oil!?
View attachment 81266
Nasheed gots dat good oil!!
I don't know if Burns was in the sook camp. But it would have been nice to have him for NSW cup, bit of experience around the young fellas. The biggest concern is Alamoti, so highly rated but has flopped hard, it shows the flaws in the previous regimes development system. I think he will eventually develop into a solid FG player, Melbourne should pick him up tbh.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if Burns was in the sook camp. But it would have been nice to have him for NSW cup, bit of experience around the young fellas. The biggest concern is Alamoti, so highly rated but has flopped hard, it shows the flaws in the previous regimes development system. I think he will eventually develop into a solid FG player, Melbourne should pick him up tbh.
I personally just think Alamotis weight and muscle gain negated the speed and agility he showed as a kid. Said it a million times.
Burns I imagine is a line ball decision, but you can’t really have outside backs so injury prone all the time.
You don’t expect that from centres and wingers. You expect it from forwards who get bashed up and you’d tolerate it from a half (like Foran) because of how influential they are.
People will say ‘Burns played on one leg and showed sicc courage yo’ but…
Why picks courageous one legged player over someone oat htwo legs you know?
Few good centres out there too.
We could poach Kayo iro, aitken has been shopped, Brad Parker still unsigned. Also drew Hutchinson can play there too, we signed him. Maybe even for that reason.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would have liked to have kept Burns but looking back he seems injury prone. I don't think he strung more than 2 games together in a row before he was injured again. Just when he looked solid, he got injured again

With Xerri and Crichton coming as well as young Semrani who I think is top 30 next year, we should have the centres covered

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Burns recurring injuries are due to him rushing back into the side prematurely.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it’s overtraining too
Realistically, it very well could be over-training for his physique coming back from an injury, despite the intensity being a fraction of what he does when fit.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Heard that yday. 2yr deal. Good for Paul. He will develop there.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did,
But watch me still be the target of ‘bad oil’ or ‘full of shit’ type jokes.
When you guess everything all the time, you're guaranteed being right some of the time.

Otherwise, your oil is called Cracka Nasheed's Mystery Oil.