Opinion Alamoti

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's missing a lot of tackles and his effort on that try for Timoko was bad but he's trying his ass off to make up for those mistakes and having Casey outside him the last few weeks wouldn't be helping him..

Maybe he does need a few games in Reserves at some stage if he can't improve his defence but there are a few others I'd be dropping first.. He's had an up and down season like most 19 year olds. Let's not forget the good things he's done this season too..
I’m definitely not going to crucify the kid as he is still raw and a young pup but it is an issue at the moment and yes having Casey outside of him is a big factor. Our edge defense is horrible at the moment(centers, wingers, the lot).

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Time to swap Alamoti for Skelton next week.

Until Alamoti can fix his defence (and gain some speed), pop him back in NSW Cup.

He's too slow and moves poorly for a centre.
Skelton defence is apparently worse than what we are seeing from the young pup Alomoti. Wait till JAC gets back along with Kiks he will get better.. our team is building for 2024.. thus the inconsistent results this year.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Alamoti has been burnt on the outside so many times due to his lack of speed he’s trying to solve it but rushing in but twice be shot out of the line last night for no reason and twice it led to tries to Timoko and Rapana. I like Alamoti but I have my doubts about how high the ceiling is for someone with his lack of speed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that scrum miss made me dry wretch.
Both our centers were over reading plays abysmally yesterday. Attacking the outside line of your opposing center my lord grow a set and just hit the guy!!

In saying that Alamoti has been defending some of the strongest centers in game, Timoko, Ramien, Suli, Penisini, Graham along with Nikora are all fuken beasts and for a 19 yr old to have to contain them is a job in itself. He will be better for it come next year.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Time to swap Alamoti for Skelton next week.

Until Alamoti can fix his defence (and gain some speed), pop him back in NSW Cup.

He's too slow and moves poorly for a centre.
Can say the same about Perham. I'm still waiting to see his speed unleashed, and his defence is poor. Can't make metres for us when he gets the ball from a kick.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m definitely not going to crucify the kid as he is still raw and a young pup but it is an issue at the moment and yes having Casey outside of him is a big factor. Our edge defense is horrible at the moment(centers, wingers, the lot).
Our middles are getting destroyed, edges have no chance when that happens.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the wankfest of Australian schoolboy juniors.
Some years their competion is weak but they are idolised like gods.
Its a bunch of schoolteachers arguing over who should be in the team.
Yeah there are some good ones but you get alot of shit ones too.
How good you look when young is often how good is your opposition.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is the wankfest of Australian schoolboy juniors.
Some years their competion is weak but they are idolised like gods.
Its a bunch of schoolteachers arguing over who should be in the team.
Yeah there are some good ones but you get alot of shit ones too.
How good you look when young is often how good is your opposition.
You jerk off too isehyeahaa katoa ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bennett has a good eye for what he needs, i think the one letting them down defensively is Branko Lee.
The unit of a **** is making his debut this week over Brenko, I think he's defence is worse but he's like Talakai on steroids lol

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The unit of a **** is making his debut this week over Brenko, I think he's defence is worse but he's like Talakai on steroids lol
Oh ok wow gotta see that. Do you think Tass from Souths would be a good buy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think so, think he'd look a lot worse playing in our side.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think so, think he'd look a lot worse playing in our side.
Mate your probably right, i like the look of Tago also he is young and puts huge effort in, wouldn't think he is on massive coin at Panthers but has a go.
Forwards are our biggest problem, and we need Ben Hunt if we want a premiership in next year or two.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tass didn't do much when he was at the Dogs. I don't think Dogs will be buying backs with Crichton, Xerri, Semrani, Perham, JAC, Skelton, Hoffman & Kiraz signed for Top30 in 2024 but Averillo, Burns, Casey & Alamoti are all coming off contract & fighting for one maybe two spots.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tass didn't do much when he was at the Dogs. I don't think Dogs will be buying backs with Crichton, Xerri, Semrani, Perham, JAC, Skelton, Hoffman & Kiraz signed for Top30 in 2024 but Averillo, Burns, Casey & Alamoti are all coming off contract & fighting for one maybe two spots.
Our big concern is our middles and a half, need Ben Hunt.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor defensively last night but Alamoti will get better. Still young and not really ready. Same as KO. I think we reap the rewards of the lessons they learn this year in 24. Add a few more key players and everything will come together. Ciro despite the adversity looks like the right man for the job.