Opinion Alamoti

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should be better with Fox beside him this week. Many centres rush up to cut off an overlap, but you MUST get your man and stop him getting the ball away. He's so young, in time with good defenders around him he will make the right calls. He could do worse than studying Campbell Graham...the best D centre in the comp.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ofcourse he is.. he has done the job aka Perret style and probs earned the respect of many in the game off the back of it.

Has been a good cheapie..
Perret was a lot better. Comparing him to Perham is slander

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perret was a lot better. Comparing him to Perham is slander
I dunno all this talk about Perret. he was solid. But he was nothing special. I remember when he first took over at Fullback we were still trying those plays that were effective with Barba but Perret just didn't have the pace to make it work. I also remember seeing him almost fall over every time he tried to accelerate, he looked so awkward. But having said that I don't remember ever seeing him drop a ball from a kick. BMOZ was our most dangerous from FB since Barba, but his body just couldn't take it.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dunno all this talk about Perret. he was solid. But he was nothing special. I remember when he first took over at Fullback we were still trying those plays that were effective with Barba but Perret just didn't have the pace to make it work. I also remember seeing him almost fall over every time he tried to accelerate, he looked so awkward. But having said that I don't remember ever seeing him drop a ball from a kick. BMOZ was our most dangerous from FB since Barba, but his body just couldn't take it.
He wouldn’t let you down. Perret was an international before he came to the dogs from memory. Perham is 24 and making simple errors he’s not first grade standard let alone being a kiwi international

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has a good combo with Inu as well (on wing )

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wouldn’t let you down. Perret was an international before he came to the dogs from memory. Perham is 24 and making simple errors he’s not first grade standard let alone being a kiwi international
Yeah I said he was solid, and yes in defence or a dart from dummy half he wouldn't let you down. But he was not much more than that. Perham was a stop gap for this year was never a long term proposition. I think CC saw something in Averillo and wanted him to develop in one position, and with Crichton coming he saw that if Averillo had a future at the Dogs it would be right centre. But anyways this was supposed to be about Alamoti.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a good combo with Inu as well (on wing )
Inu 'The Smiling Assassin' was the original Rock and Diamonds player. He could do something unbelievable and ridiculously stupid all within the same set of 6. He was only with the dogs for a short period, but I always hoped that someone could have further developed him and made him more consistent, but that never happened.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I said he was solid, and yes in defence or a dart from dummy half he wouldn't let you down. But he was not much more than that. Perham was a stop gap for this year was never a long term proposition. I think CC saw something in Averillo and wanted him to develop in one position, and with Crichton coming he saw that if Averillo had a future at the Dogs it would be right centre. But anyways this was supposed to be about Alamoti.
Alamoti will be fine. He just needs time wether that’s FG or reserves who cares. I just wanted to stick up for Sam. He’s way better than what we have at FB atm. Wether stop gap or not Perham is not the answer And he should be going back to reserves before Alamoti.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish they’d bring back proper reserve grade where younger players could get a taste of what 1st grades like & injured players had to play until they proved they were in form ..

Really made 1st grade players consistently play their best footy knowing if they dropped back to reggies whoever took their spot might do a better job & keep it ..
The cost was the reason the under 20’s comp was stopped. But I agree a true second grade comp played before NRL games should come back.

Even if they run it like some of the football (soccer) comps run in Europe.

Make it under 23’s and allow 6 overage players in the 17. Play it as a genuine second grade comp with all teams participating

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring on THIS for 2024..

1. Crichton
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Averillo
5. JAC

That's an absolutely potent backline, with speed, talent, and definitely up there with the best.

Then you factor in Preston and Kikau/Waddell inside Xerri or Averillo, and the backs to forwards combination is even better. Kingy, Hughes, TPJ in forwards, and RFM/Edwards/Thompson linking up at lock.

Sure it'd be lovely to keep Alamoti, and he was murdering it in lower grades, but if he can't sort his defence out (and fairly quickly), there are others happy to take his spot.

Personally I think Perham will be kept as cover for backline (maybe Burns too).

PERHAM - holding the #1 jersey till Crichton arrives.
ALAMOTI - holding the #3 or #4 jersey until Xerri arrives.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s a brick. I want to see him hit ***** like taufua

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have to bump this thread. Looked a lot better as I expected with a competent winger outside him. Guy was never an issue in the first place.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have to bump this thread. Looked a lot better as I expected with a competent winger outside him. Guy was never an issue in the first place.
He is a work in progress for sure. Good to see him play better tonight.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s alarming our best players are the kids Alamoti, Wilson, Preston , Edwards

Experienced players letting us down

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Great game defensively from him tonight. He just will get wrong footed from a fast jiggy centre which happens to the best of them. Really good to see