Alamoti to the Panthers

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They’ll have him running into holes and running the same lines like Kikau was and he’ll kill it. He’ll be used exactly the same as Kikau was.
He’s not even going to be in the 17 to run the lines kikau did .

He’s got the last spot of the top 30 which basically means he’s a short gap stop solution in the event of injuries and by giving him a 1 year deal there isn’t any faith from the panthers in his abilities .

Unless he improves his defence exponentially, there is no career in the NRL as a centre for him .

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Facts?? I dont see to many facts there
pls post me some of ur pharmacuticals. Id love to have the experience.
Au contraire Flipper, this post proves you’ve got great gear already - can I have your dealers number?? :tearsofjoy:.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Facts?? I dont see to many facts there

@DinkumDog

If u truly believe there was nothing else on the table for alamoti then pls post me some of ur pharmacuticals. Id love to have the experience. Before his previous extension with us every single club went for him. I guarantee you he wouldve had almost double figure number of clubs interested this time around also

The 1 year deal was simply smart management from his end. Obvs this year didnt go to plan and didnt drive his market value up to where he wouldve liked. 1 year deal at the panthers will do the trick. The offers on the table at the end of 2024 for him will undoubtedly be higher than that at present. Smart
Mr Dribble

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to Penrith.

Will be a real testament to their defence coach if they can fix his defensive lapses (of which there are many).

Alamoti is undeniably talented, but his constant issues with defence (even stemming back to NSW Cup) were problematic at the best.

Not to mention he's far too slow as a centre (even Okunbor was faster).

Skelton offers about the same as Alamoti has, just with more pace, and without as many defensive lapses.

Time will tell with both of them though.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Didn’t he let in like 8 tries in a game a couple of months ago against Newcastle or Souths? They kept going to his side and scored try after try.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he just matured at a young age mate and was bigger and stronger than the other kids growing up.

Just my opinion though.

Gus actually deserves some credit here. There was a big wrap on him and calls to lock him down long term. Gus obviously had doubts
Uncle Nick Politis probably try to bluff Gus in securing him on big dollars. Maybe Nick had his eyes set on another off contract Dogs player. Perhaps Averillo. Could it be Nick was outfoxed by Gus then Skeletor?

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought we had finally got ourselves a Vagana replacement after that tigers game in round 2 where he was immense. Then he turned to absolute shit for the rest of the season. Definitely needs a large spell in Reggie's again to learn to tackle
Vagana was like 3x faster bro. Scored 5 tries against Souths 15 years ago. Alamoti not in the same league.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wish him well. Clearly something wasn’t right for him to get all the preseason hype, then fall off completely. I would prefer Skelton and Crichton in the centres anyway.

He obviously needs to fix his pace and contact in D. Everything else about his game is a great foundation to build upon. I do wonder how he’s going to take to actually training hard with a premiership/ dynasty level side if our 8am - 5pm sessions were killing him.
We don’t really know if he was one of the whingers though. But one think I’ll say for a 19 year old the kid is ripped and looks like he’s made of steel. Shame he couldn’t transfer that athleticism to success in the top side.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People underestimate how hard it is to defend at centre. It's made incredibly harder when your middles are push overs like ours. In a proper system the kid will flourish, I really hope he doesnt play first grade and Panthers give him the time he needs in NSW cup.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you remember a shit winger who used to play for Dogs called Marcelo Montoya.

Then we had DWZ and then we had Cogger and the list goes on.

Every crap player ....infact every player that leaves Dogs excels at another club.
In a strong well balanced well coached team even bog average players can shine. I personally wouldn’t take those 3 back and if papanhwusen hadn’t been injured meany would be playing in reserve grade too.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My God he was dreadful in that last game of the year .... I am guessing that the Panthers saw this and without an offer from the Dogs on the table and Alamoti not wanting to move from his current location, they swooped and got a bargin. If he is able to fix his decision making and his defence he could be a big Panther's star in 2025 maybe.
[/QUOTE
… or maybe not.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People underestimate how hard it is to defend at centre. It's made incredibly harder when your middles are push overs like ours. In a proper system the kid will flourish, I really hope he doesnt play first grade and Panthers give him the time he needs in NSW cup.
You will get your wish KD because barring a good few injuries he won't see FG next year at all.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The more time goes by the more I hate this.

To not even offer him a contract and for him to only manage to get a 1 year deal somewhere else given the absolute hype fest on him makes me think there has had to have been a problem with coach and player.

Everyone labelled him elite, the players all talked him up at training.

Something must have happened mid season for it to all come undone to the point where we won’t even offer him a contract.