Alamoti to the Panthers

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Wow just read the news.com article on this... If you thought Buzz was bad..Elements of the
Media really love putting the boot in.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, know the story well. Went to school with a kid who carved in rugby when younger as he was so much bigger and stronger than others but they eventually caught up to him and his advantage was gone. He was at one stage rivalling Joe Roff for Australian schoolboys - Roff went on to become a Wallaby with 80+ caps and the guy from my school didn’t make it. It happens. I wish Alamoti well, I really do but would not be surprised if he’s not playing NRL in 2-3 years.
I have a similar story, I knew a family of five boys very talented both in league and union but never took it serious, the youngest one at 10 years of age was built like a fridge, his coach who eventually coached the Tigers under 17th told me once his team were unbeaten for two or three years, when ever the team was in trouble they would pass the ball to T,
T would tuck the ball under his arm and run dragging half of the opposition team with him across the try line.
T grew bigger but didn't make grade football, he sadly ended with health issues.
I hope Alamoti gives it his best shot !

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow just read the news.com article on this... If you thought Buzz was bad..Elements of the
Media really love putting the boot in.
“Crichton who is off to Canterbury to try to spark their woeful attack”

Who the fuck is this prick

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you remember a shit winger who used to play for Dogs called Marcelo Montoya.

Then we had DWZ and then we had Cogger and the list goes on.

Every crap player ....infact every player that leaves Dogs excels at another club.
I seem to recall The Prince of Belmore throwing cutout passes 12 rows past them.
No wonder they had feet for hands when trying to catch the impossible.
They copped the brunt of the blame for a useless Queenslander... ahem, playmaker!

I don't like losing our Juniors and wish Alamoti well at the Riff, yet if his attitude towards training is why he's not progressed this year, it will only be further found out next year with them.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney was always a good player we just don’t have the team to develop him. As per my previous msg
Top speed of a Porsche, acceleration of a fully loaded B-Double.
If not given the ball in full flight, he's easily bundled up by defence.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The point tho is something has gone toxic for our boom rookie to be out the door seemingly unceremoniously so soon. Cause for concern.
It appears you're finally starting to appreciate why CC has appeared to struggle as a coach, and why we are clearing out players.
Toxic culture and Gus/CC want none of that around the club, so moving on everyone that is a part of that culture.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s some facts that most of ya’ll don’t know.

We did offer Alamoti a deal. Just like we offered one to Averillo who DECIDED TO LEAVE. Just not a top 30 one. Club basically told him we’d love to keep developing you but you would have to play SG Ball/NSW Cup next year before being considered back to NRL in 25’. Our higher priority atm is filling the top 30 with more props and utilities.

After experiencing NRL this year, he wanted to find a top 30 spot somewhere and found one, so he left.

He has gaps in his development and we wanted to play the long game with him after seeing some issues he had in NRL especially defensively and week to week training, but he didn’t want to.

we have a-lot of quality wingers and centres already next year so he won’t be a massive loss.

So relax… he is just a depth signing for Penrith. The vacant centre spot has 3 names ahead of Alamoti, and even Garner/Hosking will also be preferred cover more than likely.

I hate Gus but the blokes offered deals to your little overrated players in Averillo and Alamoti and they said BYE BYE. Understand this and move the fuck on.
Avocado apparently went for 800k a season.
Wonder if Alamoti got an upgrade.

Either way, once they declined our offer, they showed they no longer wanted to be a part of the Dogs family.
Time to move on for all involved.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know 100% it’s only 50k more than he is at Penrith this year. so if that’s true, Critta is on 700k with us

for an elite centre/ potential good fullback that’s good value. And he’s a gun goal kicker
Has it ever crossed your mind he could be on a back loaded deal?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta is only getting 50k more at the Dogs than he was this year at Penrith.

Penrith stalled negotiations with him, Critta wanted his future settled earlier and his close relationship with Ciraldo got him over the line.

don’t listen to these muppets throwing ridiculous figures out there
But, but, but, they said... ;)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate he has been on the open market since November last year. He has ended up signing a 1 year deal. There wasn’t exactly a bidding war for him.

I hope he does well but he hasn’t showed much the past 2 years playing against men. Most other clubs seem to have same opinion.

He was bigger than all of the blokes in juniors. He ain’t now
It's really surprising how little impact he has had given how good he was as a junior. Im disapointed he didn't kick on, and its a shame to see him go, but given how this team has performed I don't think anyone is safe from being moved on. Trust the process, and hope it doesn't come back to bite us.