Alamoti to the Panthers

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Its alarming that our brightest young prospect going into this yr has by seasons end signed on with the Panthers
Things are going v wrong. This is a v good example
No it’s not. Clearly we let him go.
If we wanted to keep him we would’ve, end of.
Yes he’s young but he didn’t have a great year, particularly defensively and we’ve got Critta and Xerri coming with other options for depth. But in your anti Gus/Ciro crusade you’ll find the painting of the office doors to be a sign that the club is headed for disaster.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he’s young but he didn’t have a great year, particularly defensively and we’ve got Critta and Xerri coming with other options for depth. But in your anti Gus/Ciro crusade you’ll find the painting of the office doors to be a sign that the club is headed for disaster.
Critta sweet, he will do a job at centre, altho we are paying far too much for the privlidge , 900k

Big question marks over xerri. Its an exciting signing but 4yrs is a long time out the game and hes involved with shady characters off field. There is undenyable risk with him, and far from a guarantee of being a success, particularly within our setup

The point tho is something has gone toxic for our boom rookie to be out the door seemingly unceremoniously so soon. Cause for concern. He will go well elsewhere and will be a big loss in time. Youll see

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Alamoti was a big strong kid playing against kids, suddenly he grew bigger and slower...That's all there is to it !
I wish him the best but could only see him succeed as a back-rower now.
Yep, know the story well. Went to school with a kid who carved in rugby when younger as he was so much bigger and stronger than others but they eventually caught up to him and his advantage was gone. He was at one stage rivalling Joe Roff for Australian schoolboys - Roff went on to become a Wallaby with 80+ caps and the guy from my school didn’t make it. It happens. I wish Alamoti well, I really do but would not be surprised if he’s not playing NRL in 2-3 years.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you remember a shit winger who used to play for Dogs called Marcelo Montoya.

Then we had DWZ and then we had Cogger and the list goes on.

Every crap player ....infact every player that leaves Dogs excels at another club.
Even you would be made to look like an immortal playing in those teams at the moment.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There has to be an investigation into this anti Gus/Ciro attacks :laughing:
The Clowns aren't funny :frowning:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you remember a shit winger who used to play for Dogs called Marcelo Montoya.

Then we had DWZ and then we had Cogger and the list goes on.

Every crap player ....infact every player that leaves Dogs excels at another club.
The list is endless

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The fact remains, the 2 A's had D's in defence...Not good :grimacing:
And perhaps in Alamoti’s situation, the club and player didn’t see eye to eye on the fix, or player didn’t believe it he was not deficient in the first place lol who knows…

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here’s some facts that most of ya’ll don’t know.

We did offer Alamoti a deal. Just like we offered one to Averillo who DECIDED TO LEAVE. Just not a top 30 one. Club basically told him we’d love to keep developing you but you would have to play SG Ball/NSW Cup next year before being considered back to NRL in 25’. Our higher priority atm is filling the top 30 with more props and utilities.

After experiencing NRL this year, he wanted to find a top 30 spot somewhere and found one, so he left.

He has gaps in his development and we wanted to play the long game with him after seeing some issues he had in NRL especially defensively and week to week training, but he didn’t want to.

we have a-lot of quality wingers and centres already next year so he won’t be a massive loss.

So relax… he is just a depth signing for Penrith. The vacant centre spot has 3 names ahead of Alamoti, and even Garner/Hosking will also be preferred cover more than likely.

I hate Gus but the blokes offered deals to your little overrated players in Averillo and Alamoti and they said BYE BYE. Understand this and move the fuck on.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Critta sweet, he will do a job at centre, altho we are paying far too much for the privlidge , 900k

Big question marks over xerri. Its an exciting signing but 4yrs is a long time out the game and hes involved with shady characters off field. There is undenyable risk with him, and far from a guarantee of being a success, particularly within our setup

The point tho is something has gone toxic for our boom rookie to be out the door seemingly unceremoniously so soon. Cause for concern. He will go well elsewhere and will be a big loss in time. Youll see
You don’t know what Critta is being paid and you’re going off speculation. Don’t try the ‘yes I do’ argument your ‘inside knowledge’ act has failed you more than once before. Yes, Xerri may not work but the experiment will cost nothing. Compare that to what Averillo wanted and the upside could be significant. If he hasn’t learned his lesson re: ‘shady characters’ then he might just blow his shot at redemption - and that would be silly wouldn’t it. OK, ‘I’ll see’ will I? He’s got ONE YEAR to ‘go well’. So we’ll revisit this in 2024…

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don’t know what Critta is being paid and you’re going off speculation. Don’t try the ‘yes I do’ argument your ‘inside knowledge’ act has failed you more than once before. Yes, Xerri may not work but the experiment will cost nothing. Compare that to what Averillo wanted and the upside could be significant. If he hasn’t learned his lesson re: ‘shady characters’ then he might just blow his shot at redemption - and that would be silly wouldn’t it. OK, ‘I’ll see’ will I? He’s got ONE YEAR to ‘go well’. So we’ll revisit this in 2024…
Yep happy to revisit in 12 months

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta is only getting 50k more at the Dogs than he was this year at Penrith.

Penrith stalled negotiations with him, Critta wanted his future settled earlier and his close relationship with Ciraldo got him over the line.

don’t listen to these muppets throwing ridiculous figures out there

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here’s some facts that most of ya’ll don’t know.

We did offer Alamoti a deal. Just like we offered one to Averillo who DECIDED TO LEAVE. Just not a top 30 one. Club basically told him we’d love to keep developing you but you would have to play SG Ball/NSW Cup next year before being considered back to NRL in 25’. Our higher priority atm is filling the top 30 with more props and utilities.

After experiencing NRL this year, he wanted to find a top 30 spot somewhere and found one, so he left.

He has gaps in his development and we wanted to play the long game with him after seeing some issues he had in NRL especially defensively and week to week training, but he didn’t want to.

we have a-lot of quality wingers and centres already next year so he won’t be a massive loss.

So relax… he is just a depth signing for Penrith. The vacant centre spot has 3 names ahead of Alamoti, and even Garner/Hosking will also be preferred cover more than likely.

I hate Gus but the blokes offered deals to your little overrated players in Averillo and Alamoti and they said BYE BYE. Understand this and move the fuck on.
Sounds about right.. perseverance and patience unfortunately are not as prevalent these days.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Critta is only getting 50k more at the Dogs than he was this year at Penrith.

Penrith stalled negotiations with him, Critta wanted his future settled earlier and his close relationship with Ciraldo got him over the line.

don’t listen to these muppets throwing ridiculous figures out there
Crichton reportedly on 650k this year at Panther, reportedly 825k next year. That's a 175k difference.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Crichton reportedly on 650k this year at Panther, reportedly 825k next year. That's a 175k difference.
I know 100% it’s only 50k more than he is at Penrith this year. so if that’s true, Critta is on 700k with us

for an elite centre/ potential good fullback that’s good value. And he’s a gun goal kicker

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately with how inaccurate media is these days, I would take a kennel insiders information over the media (sad as that is).

Also could it be that he is on 700K (on cap) at the dogs with 125K in other payments?