Rumour AFB & JT

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Dragons end up with AFB, it is almost with great certainty we end up with Luai and we add someone like Taumalolo for some added starch since the Cows need to move him on for Dearden.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Dragons end up with AFB, it is almost with great certainty we end up with Luai and we add someone like Taumalolo for some added starch since the Cows need to move him on for Dearden.
what’s the logic behind this considering it’s the tigers who are interested in luai and not the dragons?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
NRL Market Watch: Phil Gould ups ante in race for Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake

Phil Gould has indicated the Bulldogs will enter the race for the signature of Warriors enforcer Addin Fonua-Blake.

The Canterbury general manager of football confirmed the club were on the hunt for an “experienced middle forward” following the decision to pull-out of a deal with veteran prop Siosiua Taukeiaho.

Fonua-Blake has requested a release from his contract at the Warriors for 2025 in order to return to Sydney for personal reasons.

The Dragons and Wests Tigers are also preparing to make a play for Fonua-Blake, widely considered one of the top-five props in the game.
Gould showered Fonua-Blake in praise when asked if the Dogs were interested in signing the hard-running prop.

Surprisingly, Gould also hinted that the Tongan International was preparing to also change his allegiance to the green and gold of Australia.

“Yeah, Addin is a quality player,’’ Gould told SEN radio.

“I spent a little bit of time with Addin at the Warriors and got to see him first-hand, he’s a quality player.

“He’s not cheap though. I’d imagine there’d be alot of interest in Addin.

“He’s got to return home to Australia for family reasons, which he’s working through with the Warriors.

“He’s going to spend another year in New Zealand, I believe he’s making himself available for Australia in 2025.

“There’ll be a lot of people lining up for his signature that’s for sure.’’

Gould added that the Dogs forward pack was short of quality forwards.

“I think everyone knows that and sees that,’’ Gould said.

“The problem is that there’s nothing really on the market to buy.

“We don’t want to rush out and just spend the money.

“We’ve probably got a little bit more than people see. We’ve got some young blokes there that didn’t play a lot of football this year, and they (fans) would feel a bit better if we’d seen them play.

“We’re certainly looking (across the market), we’ve got money available.

“We realise that’s (forward pack) an issue for us and we’re working towards it, but I think we’re a bit better placed than what the average person is looking at there.

“Internally we’re confident that we’ve got some bloke there that can get the job done for us. No doubt we’re looking for an experienced middle forward though.’’

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL Market Watch: Phil Gould ups ante in race for Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake

Phil Gould has indicated the Bulldogs will enter the race for the signature of Warriors enforcer Addin Fonua-Blake.

The Canterbury general manager of football confirmed the club were on the hunt for an “experienced middle forward” following the decision to pull-out of a deal with veteran prop Siosiua Taukeiaho.

Fonua-Blake has requested a release from his contract at the Warriors for 2025 in order to return to Sydney for personal reasons.

The Dragons and Wests Tigers are also preparing to make a play for Fonua-Blake, widely considered one of the top-five props in the game.
Gould showered Fonua-Blake in praise when asked if the Dogs were interested in signing the hard-running prop.

Surprisingly, Gould also hinted that the Tongan International was preparing to also change his allegiance to the green and gold of Australia.

“I spent a little bit of time with Addin at the Warriors and got to see him first-hand, he’s a quality player.

“He’s got to return home to Australia for family reasons, which he’s working through with the Warriors.

“He’s going to spend another year in New Zealand, I believe he’s making himself available for Australia in 2025.

“We’ve probably got a little bit more than people see. We’ve got some young blokes there that didn’t play a lot of football this year, and they (fans) would feel a bit better if we’d seen them play.

“We realise that’s (forward pack) an issue for us and we’re working towards it, but I think we’re a bit better placed than what the average person is looking at there.

“Internally we’re confident that we’ve got some bloke there that can get the job done for us. No doubt we’re looking for an experienced middle forward though.’’

Very Gould....get it done!!!

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
By young forwards who is Gus talking about?

Patolo? Hughes? Hopoi

Remember that first set against Canberra in magic round? We got rolled 70m to concede

We’ve signed 1 prop since then, let that sink in.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score

Yesplease up it bra

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
By young forwards who is Gus talking about?

Patolo? Hughes? Hopoi

Remember that first set against Canberra in magic round? We got rolled 70m to concede

We’ve signed 1 prop since then, let that sink in.
I have faith Patolo can make it, just needs injury luck and a forward leader like AFB to follow

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what’s the logic behind this considering it’s the tigers who are interested in luai and not the dragons?
Dogs have some interest there on Luai, they need to spend the money on quality and if that quality continues to dissolve, it just makes sense - but if it doesn’t happen….it doesn’t happen.