Rumour AFB & JT

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he’s worth it if cowboys are subsidising part of his contract.
I think the Cowboys are desperate to keep Dearden and that will require offloading someone like Taumalolo even if it means paying some freight… JT @ $700K a season is a great pick up. Adding AFB in his prime would be the icing on the cake.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry guys to be negative but taumalolo is on a massive decline, he reached his peak a while ago, for the coin he is on we need to keep clear....
AFB we do need asap..
Cowboy would contribute. He's worth a gamble at 600-700k. I don't think Cowboy use him properly, too much ball playing. My preference would be both AFB and/or May before him tho.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Love this. I’d be more inclined for may and afb though if it was jt that made afb happen I’d be all for it. Afb is a must.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are desperate to keep Dearden and that will require offloading someone like Taumalolo even if it means paying some freight… JT @ $700K a season is a great pick up. Adding AFB in his prime would be the icing on the cake.
Agree. And JT could transition to the bench or play reduced minutes when some of the younger forwards come through. It just depends how far away Gus thinks they are. I don’t think we’ll blood any props this year unfortunately.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t post often

Someone associated with the ticket that originally ousted Anderson has seemingly alluded to a possibility of the following

Taumolo as an almost definite to be in Dogs colours with AFB alongside him not as definite but still a chance

Understand these rumours face been floating around but at this point I thought it was one or the other. It now seems it may be both.

Huge if it comes off.
Good on ya for not speaking in riddles or alluding to know something. Think we all expect us to be all in for afb and the jt rumour was raised by someone else. Be interesting but would of thought sst would be on their friendships if any truth to that theory.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as I'd like this rumour to be true, I don't see it.

Our club needs props, rumours are to be expected at the dogs.

He's contracted till when, 2027?

Why would he leave NQ?

We would have to be upgrading his contract, for him to join us?

Is he getting a pub? :tearsofjoy:

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score

Why would he leave NQ?

They need to clear minimum 300-500k per year

Simple as that

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree. And JT could transition to the bench or play reduced minutes when some of the younger forwards come through. It just depends how far away Gus thinks they are. I don’t think we’ll blood any props this year unfortunately.
The only middle we could potentially blood is Matalavae-Booth but I also have high hopes for Hughes, he’s a big unit too, if he can channel some aggression, he could be a regular for us.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Why would he leave NQ?

Payten would be saying, look, you can spend the remaining 3yrs of your contract on the bench/playing cup - or you can be a starter at the Dogs… + there’s more chance of a 1yr extension down there. There’s also probably more commercial opportunities in Sydney thereafter his playing career

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got Taumalolo on PSN, I'll hit him up and show him alm the supportive messages.
Hey Jason we would love you at the dogs please sign. P.S don’t sign we will run you to the ground having to play 80 minutes since we don’t have any other props whilst completing intense wrestling sessions apart from that yeah we’re a pretty good club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Why would he leave NQ?

Cowboy would have to push him out (is a player that's on overs/bad value at current contract) and there's a chance they'd do that for funds to keep other younger and important players, e.g. Dearden.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The only middle we could potentially blood is Matalavae-Booth but I also have high hopes for Hughes, he’s a big unit too, if he can channel some aggression, he could be a regular for us.
I hope IMB has a good year too but he had a nasty injury last year and missed a heap of football so he’s probably 6-9 months behind where we’d like him to be development wise.

Hughes was good at the start of the year in limited minutes but never really nailed down a first grade spot. Hopefully comes back bigger and stronger in 2024.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Journos have been alluding to a certain club banging down NQs door willing to take on Taumalolo contract in full all season.

It was always us.

Cowboys want to but also don’t want the PR nightmare that will come with it so they’re hesitant but with the amount of young gun forwards they have something will give.