News Addo-Carr out of doghouse

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Via SMH Sport
By Danny Weidler ✍

Josh Addo-Carr was walking a fine line at the Bulldogs towards the end of last season. His attitude was not what it needed to be and club officials spoke to him about it. Other NRL clubs even made approaches to see if he was available. However, since Christmas he has returned a different man. He is always a physical specimen, but he is now following a heavily meat-based diet and is fitter than ever.

His shoulder issue – it was initially feared he had broken his collarbone against the Eels last weekend, but had suffered a minor AC joint injury instead – is an obvious speed bump.

Addo-Carr’s attitude, strength and speed are impressing all at the club. He was seen at the gym at Allianz Stadium through the summer doing extra work. The Bulldogs need him at his peak as they try to climb out of the bottom part of the ladder.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he has turned things around, he is an asset to the team. Can turn the slightest chance into a try through he’s speed off mark. I’d have the fox in all day, especially if he’s putting in extras as mentioned. Souffs wingers are pretty average be good comeback game. Even Johnson looks to have lost bit of pace

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I'll give this kid a break. see how he goes after few more games under is fuckin belt. But for the coin he on and what he be dishing up last few years, I'd be glad to see him move the fuck on and keep Wilson on the edge for half the price, and hope Skeletton or a big meter eater comes in. And I ain't talking a fuckin stat meter eater. More the, run over the top of you, needs three in a tackle with a quick play the ball. Like a To'o, Marzhew. Even Ravalawa is a handful

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Call me crazy but Souths are such a fucked organisation I can see them fucking over AJ once he breaks try record and nab Fox.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Call me crazy but Souths are such a fucked organisation I can see them fucking over AJ once he breaks try record and nab Fox.
Can they afford him? Plenty of upgrades last year and they jagged Whigton... Like dude their starting forward is Keppie because they're that bad cap wise.

I see a JAC saints - Lomax Parra move.

Either way good kick up the arse for JAC, been running to much of a muck of late.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know that JAC hasn't been as potent with us as he was at Melbourne. But some of that falls on the players round him. But we're at a point where he's part of a classy edge again. He needs to step up and deliver this year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can they afford him? Plenty of upgrades last year and they jagged Whigton... Like dude their starting forward is Keppie because they're that bad cap wise.

I see a JAC saints - Lomax Parra move.

Either way good kick up the arse for JAC, been running to much of a muck of late.
Yeah Lomax trade seems viable for Dragons.
Their whole backline needs a massive shakeup imo. They could recruit this backline and it would be way better than what they currently have and cost less.
1. Armstrong
2. Stonestreet
3. Schiller
4. Iro
5. May
I don't see Addo-Carr as someone that would want to go to Dragons, but then again his manager is a Dragons fans.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Lomax trade seems viable for Dragons.
Their whole backline needs a massive shakeup imo. They could recruit this backline and it would be way better than what they currently have and cost less.
1. Armstrong
2. Stonestreet
3. Schiller
4. Iro
5. May
I don't see Addo-Carr as someone that would want to go to Dragons, but then again his manager is a Dragons fans.

All good kids and certain NRL prospects. I do like that Armstrong kid from the knights and Iro/Schiller need runs in an NRL team.

In saying that they have a decent backline with Sloane, Rava and Suli. Just need to replace Lomax and Bird with some speed in my opinion which is probs why they would go for the Fox.

But yeah i dont see him wanting to go unless there is a carrot for him to go... Tigers are another option considering they lost Toupou to the Fins too.

Last edited:

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hope he can show it on the field for us soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like the bloke but wouldn't mind offloading him at some point. We have enough solid backs and just don't utilise his potential enough to justify his cost. Can use that money elsewhere.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
News is only about a week old.

Reactions: L.B