News Addo-Carr explains Dogs move as he admits a Smith Storm return ‘wouldn’t surprise’ him

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
Manly players (not Hastings) loved him, this isn't some new development lol
Pretty sure the fact that he was so loved and so much like “one of the boys” was his biggest downfall, and I think he eluded as much when he first signed on with us.

He’s a great man manager and obviously understands the game very well. It’ll just be about him finding that balance between people wanting to play for him and him creating a good environment - and for him to get them physically and tactically ready to win football games.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it was a World Cup year so I imagine a host of players established in rep sides would have shortened pre seasons. But still, 2 weeks. Freak.
Doesn't change the fact he is a grub cun+!!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good to hear from JAC. But the news about Smith doesnt please me. What a wanker, there are 2 other top shelf hookers in the club waiting to see if they will play this year while he fucks around wondering if he will retire. If he plays for Storm, and at 9, its a fkn tragedy to have Grant and B Smith on the bench or in reserves. What a waste. You had your time Smith, fuck off!

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the team clicks and we are competitive week in week out and challenge for the 8 then more will come! If we make the 8 we will win a title in 3 years easy

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Comon guys we all know Pay had no money so why drop the boot in and compare the two.

I could be wrong but to me I get the feeling that Ado just picked the better option out of the only 2 he had. Most have more to say then that as to reasons to join a club. Maybe the interview was just shortened but it feels a little vacant of enthusiasm by our new guy...

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Comon guys we all know Pay had no money so why drop the boot in and compare the two.

I could be wrong but to me I get the feeling that Ado just picked the better option out of the only 2 he had. Most have more to say then that as to reasons to join a club. Maybe the interview was just shortened but it feels a little vacant of enthusiasm by our new guy...
He's still a storm boy he'll be pumped next year

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good to hear from JAC. But the news about Smith doesnt please me. What a wanker, there are 2 other top shelf hookers in the club waiting to see if they will play this year while he fucks around wondering if he will retire. If he plays for Storm, and at 9, its a fkn tragedy to have Grant and B Smith on the bench or in reserves. What a waste. You had your time Smith, fuck off!
Smith could play for another 5 years better than those two, I wish he played 600 games just to piss off everyone

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s a bit harsh for one of the games great players and likely future immortal. Yes he probably should have made his decision by now and maybe it’s time to hang up the boots and let the 2 young guns take over. But Brandon and Harry wouldn’t be the players they are if they had not played with Cam Smith. Who better to learn your craft off than the best no. 9 in the game.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do professional players really need 3 months of off season training?
It is a good discussion to have actually...
100% agree

Think excessively long off seasons are asymptomatic of the professional era where it's considered justiification for player wages, pressure on coaches to win early and regularly, plus more club earnings for football sides that tour overseas. It came from sports like football but they do 1st past the post and use bigger 1st team squads.

NRL is about timing your run and peaking at the end, something we often did so well. Bringing new players early is a good idea - keeping It less intense, and otherwise save your experienced players from burn out - so long as they do constructive things in the off season and keep healthy.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How selfish can you get?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2021 will be awesome, but 2022 will be a GREAT year. This TBAZ guy is rather good aye fellas? just what we been waiting for.. the way he has come to the bulldogs , and got everything moving in positive directions every which way deserves huge respect..!! An to think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
THE MEDIA!!!! (League Report)

FB_IMG_1612064722895.jpg

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% agree

Think excessively long off seasons are asymptomatic of the professional era where it's considered justiification for player wages, pressure on coaches to win early and regularly, plus more club earnings for football sides that tour overseas. It came from sports like football but they do 1st past the post and use bigger 1st team squads.

NRL is about timing your run and peaking at the end, something we often did so well. Bringing new players early is a good idea - keeping It less intense, and otherwise save your experienced players from burn out - so long as they do constructive things in the off season and keep healthy.
Whats excessive though?
Take our club for example. Weve been unfit for years. Had a roster shake up. Training staff shake up. New coach.
From the sounds of the training vids, there seems to be a plan of action. Fitness being the first, ramping that up as the weeks progressed up to Christmas.
At present training down south an emphasis of gelling as a group seeing as their is few new players.
Gelling on the field as a unit will take time.
I think weve needed this time to prep. Baz had the boys come back a week early to.
I would think he knows enough to consider balance so that the boys dont burn out months into the season.
anyways, just some thoughts.