Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Read somewhere that the warriors wanted Preston in a trade:tearsofjoy:
AFB is a top 5 middle. There's nothing wrong with asking for Kikau or Preston. If it came to it we should be getting rid of anyone they ask for.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Maybe someone should tell Gus AFB can play multiple positions and has that utility value he craves

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s not so much about how much AFB wanted, it’s also what NZ wanted. Pump +$1.1M for AFB and also give up Kikau/Preston. I’m sure Gus and CC have another plan.Wont be the last we hear of this one, and some dominos will fall for a few clubs.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Club may be extremely confident that one of the middles already at the club may step up. Patolo n Hughes have played very little football - signed from what they do at training in between injuries - even Knight given his injuries may have more upside than he has shown.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
looks like the op got this wrong again.....

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relax guys we dont know how it will eventuate circumstances may change and who knows it may not be true.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m spewing here. If we miss him I’m hoping Gus has a master plan. This potentially fell in our lap. Our middle issue is glaringly obvious. Gus has acknowledged it. Dunno what else to say there.

Sucks if true. We have to get him if we can.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Not offering a contract is not = pulling out of the race to sign him

He's meeting and touring multiple Sydney clubs, and this tweet is pointing out that we will not be using $$ as part of our sales pitch. I don't know the order AFB is meeting with clubs, but this doesn't give the other clubs a figure from us that they can match and blow out, and our club can remain attractive to AFB without a dollar amount attached.

Gus and Ciro have both said recently that they want to sign players who want to play for the Bulldogs. This is what Ciro was meaning when he said we won't be 'poaching' Penrith players. We aren't trying to poach players, as that usually involves paying them much more than what they are worth to do so. We want to pay them closer to what they are worth, and have them playing for the jersey and not the big dollarydoos

That being said, AFB will probably sign for the biggest $$ so big RIP to us haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Club may be extremely confident that one of the middles already at the club may step up. Patolo n Hughes have played very little football - signed from what they do at training in between injuries - even Knight given his injuries may have more upside than he has shown.
Seems totally irresponsible, I can't remember the last time a forward pack has developed without the recruitment of quality and/or experienced middles. Even Penrith had the likes of Tamou, Merrin, Mckendry, etc. Could even throw in Kite who was still there when RCG, JFH were pushing for debuts.

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
AFB is a top 5 middle. There's nothing wrong with asking for Kikau or Preston. If it came to it we should be getting rid of anyone they ask for.
Top 5 middle or not, checkered past, habit of moving clubs, massive pay cheque and losing a young fella that has shown enough to suggest he has an above average future is too big a risk imo. Especially considering with or without AFB we’re still not a contender.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geez, Gus really has lost the plot. I can't wait to see how the trust the process crew spin it when we miss out on another gun prop who is totally gettable without firing a shot (I think we've already had a little sneak preview on this thread.) Old mate not willing to pay overs for the player we really need, yet willing to throw stupid money at centres and glamour back rowers from Penrith. Utter madness. This club will be in the toilet for years to come.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geez, Gus really has lost the plot. I can't wait to see how the trust the process crew spin it when we miss out on another gun prop who is totally gettable without firing a shot (I think we've already had a little sneak preview on this thread.) Old mate not willing to pay overs for the player we really need, yet willing to throw stupid money at centres and glamour back rowers from Penrith. Utter madness. This club will be in the toilet for years to come.
honestly can't see how anyone on here can defend gus anymore. it's a no brainer to go all out and sign blake

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Top 5 middle or not, checkered past, habit of moving clubs, massive pay cheque and losing a young fella that has shown enough to suggest he has an above average future is too big a risk imo. Especially considering with or without AFB we’re still not a contender.
Preston's great, but we aren't building a competitive team without signing some players who can help us win the ruck. That is not Preston's strength.... and while the kid is good, he's not the absolute superstar some make him out to be. He's a good, serviceable, hard working back rower who rips in and looks better than he actually is because of the mediocre forwards around him. Good type of player to have, but we need a game changing prop much more. The only thing I don't like about AFB is the chequered past you mention.... but it's panic stations, man.... we need an elite prop desperately.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems totally irresponsible, I can't remember the last time a forward pack has developed without the recruitment of quality and/or experienced middles. Even Penrith had the likes of Tamou, Merrin, Mckendry, etc. Could even throw in Kite who was still there when RCG, JFH were pushing for debuts.
May be - i would still prefer two more tough nut middles for a year or two - putting aside history would Klemmer for 650k and one other middle valued at 450k be better than afb at 1.1mil plus

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
honestly can't see how anyone on here can defend gus anymore. it's a no brainer to go all out and sign blake
Goes on and on about how tough the player market is, then an elite prop all but falls into his lap and he pushes him off and says this seat is taken. He's taking the piss at this point, mate. People are going to realise the so called Kennel "clown crew" are far from a joke before too long. Not that I'll expect the apologies we will all deserve.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But if the rumours of Warriors wanting Preston are true. Would you have willingly gave him up for AFB?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We ain't bottom 4 either.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
May be - i would still prefer two more tough nut middles for a year or two - putting aside history would Klemmer for 650k and one other middle valued at 450k be better than afb at 1.1mil plus
May and Klemmer (if available) look like the next best option but May will be more expensive than 450k imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klemmer would be a big pickup for us, at the very least that would give us a King/Klemmer pairing who you can rely on to make 30+ tackles a game and pushing 150m+ with the ball in hand.