Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with you there. Inglis tho mm 50-50
Honestly. Go back and watch the Canterbury V Souths Semi and the Manly V Souths Semi the past 2 seasons. Inglis is MIA. Especially in our Semi. A. Reynolds went down pretty early on in the game and Inglis touched the ball (not including catching the ball as FB) probably about 5-6 times. On his day he is THE best player in the game but lately, come Finals time....

Reynolds has always been over-rated for a couple of reasons. 1) Souths haven't had a decent 7 in about 30 years and they get a half decent one and he looks like a God and 2) we (the NRL community) are quick to go up and down the dick of every rookie 7 and put stupid labels on them very quickly. Like Luke Brooks is the next Andrew Johns because he has shown potential in his rookie season so therefore he is going to lead his team, state and country for years to come....

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always been a big fan of Reynolds. With the right club and under the right coach, this man would blossom. Souths know how to tarnish player development, and it's no wonder he's been hot and cold.

Would have him at the Dogs anyday. Under Des, he'd be a star IMO

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has a ridiculous amount of potential. The only reason I could see him not living up to his potential is if he's not training hard enough or he gets nervous easy.

I doubt Souths will release him anyway but if he does leave it'll likely be Sharks or Dragons.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Souths wont be a top 8 team next year when they lose burgess and teo..their 2 best forwards lol

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Not really in the poo poo... just they don't rate him compared to Keary or Walker.

Canberra have Cornish coming up.
But it would be much better iwth Cornish at 5/8th and Reynolds at half back. Because both Raiders halves stink. They could move McCrone to hooker. If they knew they were gettign Reynolds I would make that change now (McCrone hooker and get him used to it).

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait did someone say that Inglis is overrated because he had a couple dud semi finals games? Wow id like to know your definition of shite or great if thata what it takes to become overrated. Has dominated the NRL, SOO and for Australia. Hope i read that wrong lol

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And i dont think Dragons would sign Reynolds, if he were to be released, considering they just paid some coin to the Tygirls for Benji. Unless they were gonna move Benji to centre next to Dugan which would mean bye bye international (although he isnt that great) centre Beale

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
sharks with carney would be a good combo in attack

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis from hooker passes to Reynolds, Reynolds passes to Carney, Carney dummies then passes to... Gallen? Lol almost feel sorry... nah i dont

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths are a terrible team to play for. Not many players see out their career at that joint.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait did someone say that Inglis is overrated because he had a couple dud semi finals games? Wow id like to know your definition of shite or great if thata what it takes to become overrated. Has dominated the NRL, SOO and for Australia. Hope i read that wrong lol
I didn't use the word "over-rated", you did.....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't use the word "over-rated", you did.....
The first time I read your original post, I thought you did (must admit I was a bit "WTF" myself :grinning:....

"First things first, Sutton isn't a half. Reynolds is massively over-rated. He has one of the best forward packs in the game and, when it matters most, goes MIA. Go back to the past 2 Finals series and look what he has done. Actually, same goes for Inglis."

But on re-reading, i note you are more pointing out the Inglis is like Reynolds because he goes MIA @ important times, not that he is overrated.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The first time I read your original post, I thought you did (must admit I was a bit "WTF" myself :grinning:....

"First things first, Sutton isn't a half. Reynolds is massively over-rated. He has one of the best forward packs in the game and, when it matters most, goes MIA. Go back to the past 2 Finals series and look what he has done. Actually, same goes for Inglis."

But on re-reading, i note you are more pointing out the Inglis is like Reynolds because he goes MIA @ important times, not that he is overrated.
Yeah, you got it. Reynolds is over-rated and is MIA while Inglis is also MIA and has been the past 2 finals series. My brother in law is a die hard Souffs supporter so I had the awesome privilege of watching all the Souffs games the past 3 years.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
First things first, Sutton isn't a half. .
I disagree with this. When he is 5/8 he is probably their most consistent performer. He can't handle lock, he just doesn't have the fitness for it. He looks like he is going to have a heart attack doing all of that tackling and has to come off often.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree with this. When he is 5/8 he is probably their most consistent performer. He can't handle lock, he just doesn't have the fitness for it. He looks like he is going to have a heart attack doing all of that tackling and has to come off often.
Maybe being an interchange lock is better suited to him, he has the size and strength for it but yeah your right his fitness isn't up to it. I do like when he even he takes on the line he usually slips through or is very hard to handle he always does it against us on the try line and is successful lol

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds is a great halfback, potentially one of the best in the NRL. He's clearly just having a rough year, how short are people's memories?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree, due to his inconsistencies and with Keary as an option, I don't think he's a 6. He has the size and skill for a Lock. I do agree with the fitness part but that can be built up.

Reynolds is a great halfback, potentially one of the best in the NRL. He's clearly just having a rough year, how short are people's memories?
Any 7 has the potential to be the best 7. Why do people have short memories, what has he actually achieved? Can you credit what Souths have done recently solely to Reynolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.