Official Adam Elliott re-signs for 3 years

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And like I said it’s his responsibility to get value out of the dumbass if he’s signed off on the deal
I think you’ll be surprised. Coached right he can be a very valuable player.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
What’s done is done. If the club didn’t budge on their offer and he still re-signed then kudos to them. With all this hype lets hope he fuckin fires next year!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.s Geez there’s some pessimistic people here, this is good news but all you lot can do is whinge and whine and talk negatively about it ya bunch of misery guts!
Mate we would all like to be optimistic about the future, and not much has happened to make me feel that way including the signing of Elliot.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same culprits whingeing no matter of the outcome - good or bad

People think we can go around and sign 17 new star players plus another 13 new players to fill the top 30.

We currently have Jack Cogger, Matt Doorey, Kieran Foran, Tyrone Harding, Kerrod Holland, Tui Katoa, Tim Lafai, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Sebastian Winters-Chang off-contract this year.

Thats 12 players off-contract and no doubt the majority will not be re-signed.

Next year we have another 14 players off contract, with the only players contracted beyond 2021 are;
Nick Cotric (2023)
RFM (2022)
Jackson (2023)
Thompson (2023)
Stimson (2022)
Wakeham (2022)
Lewis (2022)
Elliott (2023)

Barrett aint working any miracles next year no matter who we sign, though looking into Barretts future at the dogs, he has some serious cash to splash with a lot of talent off contract next year.

Calm down
Very soon it’ll be great being a dogs fan again. Plenty of positives to get excited about and I trust the club and Barrett will make more top signings over the next 12-18 months.
We’re almost through this nightmare

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Elliott and Napa are moved to the bench next year. Sign 2 props to partner Thompson in the middle. Can't have Thompson Elliott and Jackson all starting it's too small. Hopefully Pangi jr is 1 middle that we sign. Just need another gun middle as well.

8. ?
9. ?
10. Pangi jr
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Thompson

14. ?
15. Elliott
16. Napa
17. Renouf

Now we are getting somewhere.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we try cogger at hooker we might have a gun hooker there. We need to try it at least. Even Holland worth a look at hooker for a bigger slice of the game.
Holland is already a qualified hooker.....

Screenshot_20200812-214654_Google.jpg

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how much he signed for?
Seems like it was definitely an upgrade. If he goes back to playing average next year it will be a familiar theme. Jackson played a lot better when his contract was up for review at the end of last year remember and he was upgraded too (to about 700K reportedly). Seems odd that we're upgrading current players while the team performance has become progressively worse.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Elliott and Napa are moved to the bench next year. Sign 2 props to partner Thompson in the middle. Can't have Thompson Elliott and Jackson all starting it's too small. Hopefully Pangi jr is 1 middle that we sign. Just need another gun middle as well.

8. ?
9. ?
10. Pangi jr
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Thompson

14. ?
15. Elliott
16. Napa
17. Renouf

Now we are getting somewhere.
Yeah I'm hoping for a hooker and a prop (and backrower for next year and Burton) but I'm worried there might be no cap left for next year at least. We're still looking to re-sign Foran also. Just hope we're not considering re-signing Tolman

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seems like it was definitely an upgrade. If he goes back to playing average next year it will be a familiar theme. Jackson played a lot better when his contract was up for review at the end of last year remember and he was upgraded too (to about 700K reportedly). Seems odd that we're upgrading current players while the team performance has become progressively worse.
Sancho or w.e. he's called now saying Jackson signed for 700k isn't "reportedly".

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good re-signing. The bloke gives his guts and will continue to improve. He’s a leader on and off the field
Happy for him to be our captain post Jackson. I wonder if Barrett will keep Josh in the role though.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we try cogger at hooker we might have a gun hooker there. We need to try it at least. Even Holland worth a look at hooker for a bigger slice of the game.
I'm keen of him and Burton being our long term halves pairing tbh.
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Cogger
9. Starling
Is what I want round 1 next season. Fast quick thinkers in 1 and 9, organising team player in 7 and big boot hard running all rounder in 6.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm keen of him and Burton being our long term halves pairing tbh.
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Cogger
9. Starling
Is what I want round 1 next season. Fast quick thinkers in 1 and 9, organising team player in 7 and big boot hard running all rounder in 6.
How do you think it compares to:
1. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. Burton
9. B. Smith

with Averillo into the 1 when ready. That'd be a very good spine.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

People think we can go around and sign 17 new star players plus another 13 new players to fill the top 30.

We currently have Jack Cogger, Matt Doorey, Kieran Foran, Tyrone Harding, Kerrod Holland, Tui Katoa, Tim Lafai, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Sebastian Winters-Chang off-contract this year.

Next year we have another 14 players off contract, with the only players contracted beyond 2021 are;
Nick Cotric (2023)
RFM (2022)
Jackson (2023)
Thompson (2023)
Stimson (2022)
Wakeham (2022)
Lewis (2022)
Elliott (2023)

Barrett aint working any miracles next year no matter who we sign, though looking into Barretts future at the dogs, he has some serious cash to splash with a lot of talent off contract next year.

Calm down
Wish Lewis and Stimson weren't on that list. But yeah looking forward to Barrett getting here and stamping his influence on our team

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How do you think it compares to:
1. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. Burton
9. B. Smith

with Averillo into the 1 when ready. That'd be a very good spine.
Both decent, but my concern with Smith is what wed have to pay for him along with him potentially no being able to crank out 80mins at 9 over a whole season while still being impactful like he is at the storm. But yeah Averillo is a major concern, he has to become a fullback because if Burton's coming their is no other place for him imo. Foran id rather we punt him and use his money (not all of it) on TPJ we have no choice but to go for him despite his off field issues

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Both decent, but my concern with Smith is what wed have to pay for him along with him potentially no being able to crank out 80mins at 9 over a whole season while still being impactful like he is at the storm. But yeah Averillo is a major concern, he has to become a fullback because if Burton's coming their is no other place for him imo. Foran id rather we punt him and use his money (not all of it) on TPJ we have no choice but to go for him despite his off field issues
For B. Smith probably around 800k. I don't think his play style (unless he plays like he did last week) can go for 80 minutes. We'd only need 10-20 minutes out of JMK to fill at hooker. Starling is the budget option but we can't afford to buy another dud for the hooker role. I think Averillo is most suited to five-eighth but with hopefully Burton coming and Wakeham developing in reserve grade, in the future it'd be possible to have 1. Averillo, 6. Burton and 7. Wakeham. Foran can be our Maloney and Burton can be our Cleary. I do think Foran is about 3x the player of Cogger. TPJ is high risk, high reward. I personally don't mind our forward pack after parting ways with Tolman and then Napa in 2022. 8. Thompson, 10. ? (I'd love to have Finucane back), 11. Jackson, 12. RFM and 13. Elliott. We also have To'omaga and Seumanutafa and Topine coming through that I know of. I think there's a lot of potential for us to do well in the next two years.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Nick Cotric (2023)
RFM (2022)
Jackson (2023)
Thompson (2023)
Stimson (2022)
Wakeham (2022)
Lewis (2022)
Elliott (2023)

Calm down
Thug,
You have included the 5 development players which are outside the top thirty.

At present, by my count we have 8 unsigned playas.
Tass
Cogger
Foran
Holland
Lafai
Montoya
Sue
Tolman

You'd expect Foran and Holland to be signed from there. So 6.
Now here is a problem that is rarely spoken about.

The NrL are looking to reduce squad numbers to potentially 26. Most likely 28.

So we are looking at either 2 or 4 signings. So we have to be very careful.

If squads sixes is 26. We are looking at Pangai and a hooked only. If 28, add a half and a full black.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah cool, what the players thought was a private function 2 years ago. Trust a tosser like you to pick the negative or make a stupid joke rather than acknowledge all of the positives Adam does off the field. I bet your end of season soccer trips are a blast