Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely enough is enough cant believe the deed isn't done already

Reactions: rfs

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the chances of the club doing a JakeFriend type thing that the Roosters did?
Cut him from the squad, make him get a job for a while then bring him back in?

In March 2009, Friend was suspended by the NRL for 2 weeks for high range drink driving offences.[22]

On 27 June 2009, Friend along with Sandor Earl were initially charged with assaulting a woman in Sydney. It was alleged the niece of ABC radio commentator David Morrow 'was punched' at The Tank nightclub in The Rocks. They were quickly cleared of any charges after surveillance video was reviewed.[23]

On 13 December 2009, Friend was arrested and charged by police following an altercation with a taxi driver.[24] As a result, the Roosters terminated his contract. In May 2010, Friend was re-instated in the Roosters team after counselling and rehabilitation.[25][26]
The difference is that Friend was a decent player on the field. Elliot is a liability on and off the field. What positives does he bring to our team?

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There have been a few over the years. Doug Laughton, Solomon Haumono, SOB Williams, Ryan Tandy & Ben Barba are a few. The only difference was for the first 2 there wasn't social media & a couple of others it was in it's infancy.
Yeah the first 2 were before my time following the club. With SBW, I meant hated by the fanbase while they were still in our colours. Most fans hated SBW after he did the runner naturally. Tandy and Barba weren't hated on this level. What Tandy did was despicable but he hadn't been with us long enough for supporters to be too phased by it. Barba ended his time with us in an ugly way (I'm sure he faked an injury in his last game) but a lot of fans were still hopeful he would stay + were thankful for the season he gave us in 2012 despite everything.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The difference is that Friend was a decent player on the field. Elliot is a liability on and off the field. What positives does he bring to our team?
Absolutely no positives that I can see, but I can see something like that happening. Hope it doesn't and he's sacked and picks up a contract elsewhere.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Damn. We're still taking about this? Find it strange that we're taking so long to make a decision as would assume a quick decision would suit all parties?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Have you looked in the mirror? Because you will find plenty of holes in your logic if you do.
My logic is impeccable…. But assuming it did have holes??The mirror wouldn’t be the best place to find them. If I held my phone up to the mirror I’d have to read backwards.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
In Gould we trust

Remember Lewis Moylan and co ?? Gould is not afraid to make the hard calls!

I don’t care he wants to stay
We are paying over for that mutt with his ability.
My money is the boot

I will be devastated if not the case

I hated this grub since his 2nd 1st grade game and saw every useless mongo missed tackles shit runs show pony tries

He is a circus clown.
Take your tricks somewhere else Adam idiot
He’s an outstanding irisoect who has been poorly managed throughout his career. A future star of the game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's the chances of the club doing a JakeFriend type thing that the Roosters did?
Cut him from the squad, make him get a job for a while then bring him back in?

In March 2009, Friend was suspended by the NRL for 2 weeks for high range drink driving offences.[22]

On 27 June 2009, Friend along with Sandor Earl were initially charged with assaulting a woman in Sydney. It was alleged the niece of ABC radio commentator David Morrow 'was punched' at The Tank nightclub in The Rocks. They were quickly cleared of any charges after surveillance video was reviewed.[23]

On 13 December 2009, Friend was arrested and charged by police following an altercation with a taxi driver.[24] As a result, the Roosters terminated his contract. In May 2010, Friend was re-instated in the Roosters team after counselling and rehabilitation.[25][26]

Jake had been a bad boy outside of his march and June 2009 issues with a drug issue in 2010. seems that ability as a player goes a long way to getting these types of issues tog away to degree.......................

Jake Friend escapes drug conviction but told: 'You need to be the best role model you possibly can'
November 2, 2010 — 2.04pm

Sydney Roosters NRL player Jake Friend has escaped a conviction for possessing a restricted drug, but has been put on a good behaviour bond for two years.

Friend pleaded guilty to the charge of possessing three diazepam Valium tablets and seven diazepam Antenex tablets.

Sydney Roosters NRL player Jake Friend has escaped a conviction for possessing a restricted drug, but has been put on a good behaviour bond for two years.
Friend pleaded guilty to the charge of possessing three diazepam Valium tablets and seven diazepam Antenex tablets.
Jake Friend ... put on good behaviour bond.

Jake Friend ... put on good behaviour bond.
He was found in possession of the tranquilliser drugs by police at Coogee in Sydney's eastern suburbs on June 5 this year.
In Waverley Local Court today, magistrate Jacqueline Milledge noted that his young fans would be reading about the case in the media.

A lot of people believed in him and he could not let them down, she said.
"You need to be the best role model you possibly can," Ms Milledge said.
Earlier, the magistrate had admitted to defence lawyer Stephen Alexander that she had not heard of Friend.

Should I know who he is?" she asked.
Mr Alexander pleaded on Friend's behalf that he had references, including one from Stephen Noyce, chief executive of the Roosters.

In the reference, Mr Noyce said Friend showed a lot of promise as a player.
Mr Alexander also said Friend had done rehabilitation through the club and had had counselling.
Friend had also worked as a pot washer for $12 an hour when the club suspended him after a drink-driving conviction.

The club has since reinstated his contract due to his rehabilitation and good behaviour.

Ms Milledge put Friend on a good behaviour bond for two years.
"You and I are joined at the hip for the next two years, and I don't want to see you again," she said.

rfs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Like we have not been through enough this year. Enough is enough.