• No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs Statement on Adam Elliott
www.bulldogs.com.au

The Bulldogs National Rugby League Club has completed its disciplinary process concerning an incident involving player Adam Elliott on Sunday 22 August.

In response to what has taken place, the Bulldogs have conducted their own review and have decided that Adam will undertake professional help in regard to issues with alcohol, with the Bulldogs to provide full support including a strict monitoring process.

The club does not condone Adam's actions which have had a negative impact on the club and its supporters, however, we acknowledge that Adam has taken full responsibility for his actions and we are supportive of assisting Adam in ensuring he receives the welfare support and help that he requires.

In addition to the proposed $10,000 fine from the National Rugby League (NRL) and further education and training from the governing body, the club will fine Adam $20,000, with a $10,000 component to be suspended. Adam will also be required to do community work at community organisations once COVID-19 conditions ease.

Adam Elliott acknowledged he has a problem and asked for privacy.

"This is an extremely difficult time for my family and I. They are my most important focus at the moment and I ask that people can respect mine and my family's privacy at this time.

"In consultation with the club, I will be undertaking the necessary help that I require with appropriate measures and checks.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to all Bulldogs members, fans and sponsors about recent events. I have brought unnecessary attention to the club”

This jokes been done.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is taking on Days of Our Lives saga status; the club started consideration of their actions back on 23 August and still going. Yes I know that due process needs to be done but honestly 17 Days???

Makes you wonder just what has been happening and whether the club is in a tight spot that is hampering their decision making process..Whichever way this goes there will be an uproar from both sides of the argument......

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This is taking on Days of Our Lives saga status; the club started consideration of their actions back on 23 August and still going. Yes I know that due process needs to be done but honestly 17 Days???

Makes you wonder just what has been happening and whether the club is in a tight spot that is hampering their decision making process..Whichever way this goes there will be an uproar from both sides of the argument......
I think he's staying and they're shite scared to announce it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he's staying and they're shite scared to announce it.
In the words of that famous musician Billy Joel

You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
In the words of that famous musician Billy Joel

You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right
1631258248119.png

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's staying, surely they would have already announced the end of it.

Maybe there is a player swap in motion and they are waiting for it to be signed off on.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He could be the raiders, dragons, or warriors problem but no.

That's what we get for resigning him last year, and given his track record the club really should have seen something like this coming