• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if 2, 3, 4 or more of our other players had 2 or 3 incidents already like Elliott. We wouldn't have a sponsor left.

He's not worth paying 500K for what he brings on or off the field. He needs to be made an example of.

Wouldn't surprise me if the rumours about other players being pissed off at him were true. If I were doing the right thing all the time but one of my teammates broke the rules 2 or 3 times and bought extra pressure on the rest of the team not to offend even once I'd be pissed off at him too.

We can spend his money in better ways. If he can sue us he might as well sue the NRL too who found enough evidence to fine him for a breach. He's had 2 official breaches plus a 3rd incident in the media. Does it say anywhere officially he has to receive 3 chances or more ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How can you keep defending him? And how you think he is good for the team is beyond me.
If one of my mates fucked another mates missus I’d want to punch the shit out of him every time I saw him.
Surely I’m not the only one that thinks like this.
How can the slimey prick look his team mates in the eye?
I'm not defending what he did, but it's certainly no grounds to sack him.....or to suggest he is an irredeemably bad person.....I also think it is the height of hypocrisy to suggest a lack of loyalty to a mate is the worst act someone can commit, while giving zero fuqs about the lack of loyalty players show to their wives, fiancés and partners on a regular basis. One act of adultery is as bad as another......I'm a bit sick of all this bro code bullshit.

Reactions: ATT

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just sack him, get him off our books and use his money to buy a halfback. Deal with the court case later.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Imagine if 2, 3, 4 or more of our other players had 2 or 3 incidents already like Elliott. We wouldn't have a sponsor left.

He's not worth paying 500K for what he brings on or off the field. He needs to be made an example of.

Wouldn't surprise me if the rumours about other players being pissed off at him were true. If I were doing the right thing all the time but one of my teammates broke the rules 2 or 3 times and bought extra pressure on the rest of the team not to offend even once I'd be pissed off at him too.

We can spend his money in better ways. If he can sue us he might as well sue the NRL too who found enough evidence to fine him for a breach. He's had 2 official breaches plus a 3rd incident in the media. Does it say anywhere officially he has to receive 3 chances or more ?
Many clubs have multiple players who have done worse.....

Twin Turbo has already covered it.....first incident was more the club's fault than Elliott's according to the NRL's own findings.....second incident was not a breach of contractual obligations or club responsibilities in and way, third incident should be nowhere near grounds for a sacking. I think he'd have a bloody good case, tbh.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just sack him, get him off our books and use his money to buy a halfback. Deal with the court case later.
Who you going to buy? Pearce? That would be a great look. Sacking a player for a bloke who has done much worse.

Gunnasmc

Waterboy
Reaction score
....I'm a bit sick of all this bro code bullshit.
But it’s real mate, what to you think a team is? A bunch of bros who would go to war with each other.
Most play up, but are smart enough not to in their own backyard.

Reactions: ATT

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You really think moving across the planet far away from his child and brother during a global pandemic and being surrounded by pint swilling northern english footy lads would be good for him?

That would be the worst thing for him. It was a minor offence,....the Lichaa thing wasn't even an offense to anything but people's sense of moral justice. The club needs to do the right thing and get behind its player. If it does not, I honestly hope he sues the club, finds another team and scores a few pies when he goes up against us next year.
I don't want to question you loyalty mate, but do you read what you write ?
I have previously suggested he moves to another NRL club, there are signs that he isn't wanted by his team mates or the club and please do not ask how I know.
3 times he tarnished the club's and the game's image, does he need to become serial murderer before you approve of his exit ?
I suggest you get your priorities right mate !!!
* Club ( fans ) come first
* Team second
* Individuals third

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But it’s real mate, what to you think a team is? A bunch of bros who would go to war with each other.
Most play up, but are smart enough not to in their own backyard.
That's what I dislike about the whole culture, tbh. Players are willing to ply alongside "brothers" who do worse things. They are professionals .....they should be able to play with people they don't like.....I don't buy into all this gung ho band of brothers war metaphor bullshit. They are professionals who are paid to do a job.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have previously suggested he moves to another NRL club, there are signs that he isn't wanted by his team mates or the club and please do not ask how I know.
3 times he tarnished the club's and the game's image, does he need to become serial murderer before you approve of his exit ?
* Team second
* Individuals third
100% spot on. Now can someone not block him so he stops writing ridiculous replies constantly.
Comparing elliot to SBW is mind boggling.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
* Team second
* Individuals third
Lol never make decisions to the fans.....that is a recipe for total disaster.....Fans will blow hot air for a while, then they will get over it and end up still buying memberships like good little lapdogs. Fans wouldn't even give this much of a shit if it wasn't a player they wanted gone anyway. .

As for player unrest, until evidence emerges, it's all just speculation.....if the club decides his role at the club is untenable, they should be prepared to face legal repercussions, because I don't think there is a strong case for dismissal.

You'd think highly paid professionals could put personal differences aside for the good of the club, in any case. If players are not putting in because of their dislike for one player it seems there are a number of members of our roster putting the individual first.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
100% spot on. Now can someone not block him so he stops writing ridiculous replies constantly.
Comparing elliot to SBW is mind boggling.
You're just a broken record, aren't you? You're right though. I shouldn't compare him to SBW. SBW betrayed the club, Elliott is loyal to it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How so?

Vaughan's was his 2nd biosecurity breach plus he invited 12 or so players to also breach biosecurity, he was fined $50k (the maximum allowed) and suspended for 8 games by the NRL. Elliott was not suspended by the NRL and got a $10k fine for bringing the game into disrepute AND failing to comply with biosecurity protocols (whatever they were?). Not really comparable.

Always a Bulldog
You said it yourself.. For bringing the game into disrepute.. And the club into disrepute... Several times now..Which is against the Code Of Conduct.. Which is in his contract with the club.. Which is why they are within their rights to sack him..

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not defending what he did, but it's certainly no grounds to sack him.....or to suggest he is an irredeemably bad person.....I also think it is the height of hypocrisy to suggest a lack of loyalty to a mate is the worst act someone can commit, while giving zero fuqs about the lack of loyalty players show to their wives, fiancés and partners on a regular basis. One act of adultery is as bad as another......I'm a bit sick of all this bro code bullshit.
And how many drugs have you had today sir??

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're just a broken record, aren't you? You're right though. I shouldn't compare him to SBW. SBW betrayed the club, Elliott is loyal to it.
Your probably right with part of it. SBW was not loyal at all and I am still dirty about what he did to the club!
But their ability is on different wave lengths. Elliot is not even close.
I don’t know what your connection is with Elliot I’m guessing family member going off stuff you post but you need to give it a break. Your outlandish statements whilst funny have gone on for too long now. Your entitled to your opinion as we all are but your the minority in this situation and preaching to the kennel is not going to change the clubs decision or members on here. I can only assume you post most of it to get a reaction

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your probably right with part of it. SBW was not loyal at all and I am still dirty about what he did to the club!
But their ability is on different wave lengths. Elliot is not even close.
I don’t know what your connection is with Elliot I’m guessing family member going off stuff you post but you need to give it a break. Your outlandish statements whilst funny have gone on for too long now. Your entitled to your opinion as we all are but your the minority in this situation and preaching to the kennel is not going to change the clubs decision or members on here. I can only assume you post most of it to get a reaction
mate, you don't have to like what I post, but you certainly don't have the right to tell me what to post.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You said it yourself.. For bringing the game into disrepute.. And the club into disrepute... Several times now. Which is against the Code Of Conduct.. Which is in his contract with the club.. Which is why they are within their rights to sack him.
I'm simply pointing out that it isn't as clear cut legally as many may assume. The NRL had to reinstate Okunbor and CHN's contracts as it was not legal for their contracts to be terminated and by any measure the "disrepute" was far greater. Noting that it wasn't CHN's first issue and he has had a drink driving charge since, that's 3 strikes and yet his contract hasn't been terminated. There are plenty of far worse precedents of multiple incidents with players still playing on after them. I guess we will all find out shortly just how solid the legal grounds are.

Always a Bulldog