Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you explain to me how this is even remotely hypocritical? It would only be hypocritical if I were to defend Elliott and then turn around and call for the sacking of a player who did the same thing. Your somment suggests consistency of rhetoric, not the type of inconsistency which would warrnat the label of hypocrite.

I've never condoned what he did. I've never said he isn't responsible for the consequences of his actions (at least when it comes to the Lichaa incident). I've simply pointed out that people whose only connection to Elliott is the fact they support the sporting club he is contracted to are in no position to judge his character based on one big mistake and a bunch of very minor ones. I just don't think it is in any way the business of fans of the club. Nor do I think it is the clunb's business, tbh.

The reality is players fuck around on their wives all the time. You're telling me you think letting down a mate is worse than letting down your wife and child? Because that seems like a load of boys club nonsense to me. It seems a lot of people here are willing to tolerate aultery as long as the bro code isn't violated, which is nonsense, quite frankly. Letting down a friend is bad.....but a person should have no closer friend than their wife, husband or fiance, so yes, I feel the vitriolic condemnation of Elliott as a human being while other players who do the dirty get a very light treatment by comparison is more than a little hypocritical. I think for most fans, it's not even about morality, it's about what they believe is best for the football club. I wish more people would just come out and admit it. Note: I said most, not all. I understand that some fans have very strong feelings about adultery and apply those standards consistently. I'm just saying I notice a lot of inconsistency on here.
You don’t think you’re being hypocritical? You’ve shit canned schoupp from Pilar to post and last time I checked he hasn’t brought the shit to the club like your man Elliot and as far as I know he hasn’t fucked lichaas missus, If there is any integrity in your support of Elliot you’ll follow him to whatever club he ends up at.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A thread in the Rumours section suggests we may be trying to organize a trade with another club.
Broncos for Asiata. They should chip in a bit extra $$$ but even if they didn't I'd make the trade

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You don’t think you’re being hypocritical? You’ve shit canned schoupp from Pilar to post and last time I checked he hasn’t brought the shit to the club like your man Elliot and as far as I know he hasn’t fucked lichaas missus, If there is any integrity in your support of Elliot you’ll follow him to whatever club he ends up at.
I think there’s a bit if a difference, tbh. We all criticise players from time to time.... and I think most people have figured out that while I don’t think Schoupp is good defensively, my criticisms of him are a bit tongue in cheek. I wouldn’t even be criticising him at all if the kennel wasn’t so aggro towards other players (not just Elliott, but okunbor, Flanagan etc.) I definitely wouldn’t he kicking him when he was down if he had just lost his family and faced a very real possibility of losing his career, whether he was responsible for his situation or not. I think the major difference is the lack of malice. I hold no ill will towards Schoupp. I just like to get a rise out of people. The anger and vitriol directed at Elliott is just a little too real, imo, I sense he is a young man that is really not in a good place right now, tbh. I fear for his welfare..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there’s a bit if a difference, tbh. We all criticise players from time to time.... and I think most people have figured out that while I don’t think Schoupp is good defensively, my criticisms of him are a bit tongue in cheek. I wouldn’t even be criticising him at all if the kennel wasn’t so aggro towards other players (not just Elliott, but okunbor, Flanagan etc.) I definitely wouldn’t he kicking him when he was down if he had just lost his family and faced a very real possibility of losing his career, whether he was responsible for his situation or not. I think the major difference is the lack of malice. I hold no ill will towards Schoupp. I just like to get a rise out of people. The anger and vitriol directed at Elliott is just a little too real, imo, I sense he is a young man that is really not in a good place right now, tbh. I fear for his welfare..
Yeah that’s a cop out mate you spent a good deal of time in this thread telling people to own their shit it’s time for you and Elliot to own yours

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, club (payten) has a strong no dickheads policy, st George would probably take him though
He'd fit in nicely with JDB. Too bad Norman is leaving, could've been the terrible trio
Otherwise if warriors are still chasing a back rower, he could pair up with Lodge. Wonder if they will persist with Aitken there.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Monday he'll be cleaning out his locker with all the other departing players.... right Mr Gould?