Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
hypocrisy comes in a lot of forms mate, like tirelessly defending a bloke who fucks a team mates wife and Brings the club unwanted media attention at every given opportunity. No hand wringing here mate, he's a shit cahunt and an ordinary footballer.
Can you explain to me how this is even remotely hypocritical? It would only be hypocritical if I were to defend Elliott and then turn around and call for the sacking of a player who did the same thing. Your somment suggests consistency of rhetoric, not the type of inconsistency which would warrnat the label of hypocrite.

I've never condoned what he did. I've never said he isn't responsible for the consequences of his actions (at least when it comes to the Lichaa incident). I've simply pointed out that people whose only connection to Elliott is the fact they support the sporting club he is contracted to are in no position to judge his character based on one big mistake and a bunch of very minor ones. I just don't think it is in any way the business of fans of the club. Nor do I think it is the clunb's business, tbh.

The reality is players fuck around on their wives all the time. You're telling me you think letting down a mate is worse than letting down your wife and child? Because that seems like a load of boys club nonsense to me. It seems a lot of people here are willing to tolerate aultery as long as the bro code isn't violated, which is nonsense, quite frankly. Letting down a friend is bad.....but a person should have no closer friend than their wife, husband or fiance, so yes, I feel the vitriolic condemnation of Elliott as a human being while other players who do the dirty get a very light treatment by comparison is more than a little hypocritical. I think for most fans, it's not even about morality, it's about what they believe is best for the football club. I wish more people would just come out and admit it. Note: I said most, not all. I understand that some fans have very strong feelings about adultery and apply those standards consistently. I'm just saying I notice a lot of inconsistency on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATT

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just to reiterate:

Phil Gould

@PhilGould15

·
3h

His hearing with the Bulldog Board is on Monday
Quote Tweet

Allan Farrell

@AllanEylandt
· 4h
@PhilGould15 Will the Bulldogs be making a the announcement on Adam Elliott's future before or after Sundays game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Probably not and his misdemeanours are trivial as far as culpability and criminal technicalities go (as far as the club involvement goes but a lot of people have been affected badly by his behaviour.

However it does reputational damage to the club. We already have an unwanted image of repetitious scandal and gossip (whether true or not and Muroch DT whipping boys).

The club is not successful on the field and therefore we can't keep being in the headlines for all the wrong reasons and can't become a successful club again with constant controversy and appearing to tolerate braindead actions by braindead players.

Generalising there but it happens to be Elliott, and Lewis, atm (this time) but Adam has been a constant thorn to cohesion and purposeful singlemindedness towards success.

The Lewis situation is easily solved by not re-signing him.

Elliott still contracted and needs a new start so we have to make an example of him this time and draw a line in the sand.

The booze culture is confirmed by quite a few members on here so this is as much a shot across the bow for Barrett and the rest of the team. Standards must improve.

CB Bulldogs fans are sick of following a loser team and a culture that has sunk far below our historical high standards and premiership success.

Admin, Management, Coaching, all the way to the roster and juniors, have to re-double their efforts to re-create that success and respectability.

Adam is at the tipping point for a demoralised club trying to claw its way back, and probably deserves the scrutiny.

Everyone would be far better served for their future, if he found a new club and worked hard to resurrect his career (and family if possible bc his partner would not want to enter the Bulldog hub again either one would expect as it is a constant reminder of past trauma for her.

If not Bellamy, then Cowboys, or away from publicity and media attention.
You know I respect your viewpoint, Wen.....but there's a few things I really can't agree with here.

First of all, most clubs have a drinking culture. If the culture has become so pervasive it is negatively affecting professional performance, it's 100 per cent the coaching staff's fault....and if that is the case, the coaching staff should also be held somewhat accountable for minor incidents of player misbehaviour. Especially if the most recent act was committed by a player who has been making a genuine effort to get off the booze, that can't be an easy thing to do in an environment where drinking culture is so pervasive (if that is, in fact the case. I don't have any inside access to the club and don't know if there's any truth to the murmurs about a drinking culture that is worse than what you'd encounter at other clubs.)

If the drinking culture isn't so pervasive and is not the reason for the team's on field issues, the club should just deal with these sorts of issues internally and stop letting confected outrage guide decision making.

As far as Elliott goes, maybe a change would be best for him....but only if there is another opportunity out there. as far as Elliottt's estranged partner goes, only she knows what is best for her. She may have no interest in getting back together with Elliott whatsoever. She may not care what club he is at. She may feel he would be better off at a club where his standards of behaviour will be closely monitored rather than one where and misbehaviour will just be swept under the rug. Or she may not want any association with the club due to personal trauma as you suggest.....but one way or the other, it's pretty hard to make a qualified judgment unless she wants to make her feelings public. I'm sure that's the last thing she wants to do.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If not fuck him off for his off field dramas. Fuck him off so we have more money for a better player. It’s the perfect scapegoat now. We need more money, Elliott fucks up (plus he’s average as fuck) send him packing. His money could be what makes it breaks a Pearce deal. I don’t think for one second that thread before about him not going is true. All they said was he’s in their plans. But is the Knights in Pearces plans? Who knows. Move him on and get Pearce. Simples

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If not fuck him off for his off field dramas. Fuck him off so we have more money for a better player. It’s the perfect scapegoat now. We need more money, Elliott fucks up (plus he’s average as fuck) send him packing. His money could be what makes it breaks a Pearce deal. I don’t think for one second that thread before about him not going is true. All they said was he’s in their plans. But is the Knights in Pearces plans? Who knows. Move him on and get Pearce. Simples
fuk no to pearce, your sacking elliott due to his off field problems then you want Pearce who destroyed his relationship/ marriage to be this year.
double standards

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuk no to pearce, your sacking elliott due to his off field problems then you want Pearce who destroyed his relationship/ marriage to be this year.
double standards
Elliott is shit. Do you think he’s what we need over a Proper 7? We are begging for a true 7 to steer the team with Burton. We don’t need another forward chewing up cap space. What’s your argument for keeping Elliott. Mine is he’s gone down hill bad. I think this is a perfect excuse to be rid of him and free up money.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You know I respect your viewpoint, Wen.....but there's a few things I really can't agree with here.

First of all, most clubs have a drinking culture. If the culture has become so pervasive it is negatively affecting professional performance, it's 100 per cent the coaching staff's fault....and if that is the case, the coaching staff should also be held somewhat accountable for minor incidents of player misbehaviour. Especially if the most recent act was committed by a player who has been making a genuine effort to get off the booze, that can't be an easy thing to do in an environment where drinking culture is so pervasive (if that is, in fact the case. I don't have any inside access to the club and don't know if there's any truth to the murmurs about a drinking culture that is worse than what you'd encounter at other clubs.)

If the drinking culture isn't so pervasive and is not the reason for the team's on field issues, the club should just deal with these sorts of issues internally and stop letting confected outrage guide decision making.

As far as Elliott goes, maybe a change would be best for him....but only if there is another opportunity out there. as far as Elliottt's estranged partner goes, only she knows what is best for her. She may have no interest in getting back together with Elliott whatsoever. She may not care what club he is at. She may feel he would be better off at a club where his standards of behaviour will be closely monitored rather than one where and misbehaviour will just be swept under the rug. Or she may not want any association with the club due to personal trauma as you suggest.....but one way or the other, it's pretty hard to make a qualified judgment unless she wants to make her feelings public. I'm sure that's the last thing she wants to do.
First of all :grinning: I meant to convey that the drinking culture is on Barrett and I said "its a shot across the bow" to him to get this out of our culture and instil more discipline within the team.

As far as Elliott goes :grinning:...I'm just offering reasons why he should consider finding a new club. Of course none of us can make qualified judgements on their family situations. I dont know what his former? partner would consider a best case scenario re patching up the separation or even if she wants to. Just saying a new club might help with a reconciliation for them away from all the known embarrassments at our club. Up to those 2 to sort if its feasible. Most people would hope they can restore their family if possible.

I thought I presented a reasonable, measured argument regarding the Elliott situation from his pov and our club's.

Clearly in light of your audacity in questioning my post, I shall now revert to "just f#off Adam" like almost everyone else is lol ;)

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you explain to me how this is even remotely hypocritical? It would only be hypocritical if I were to defend Elliott and then turn around and call for the sacking of a player who did the same thing. Your somment suggests consistency of rhetoric, not the type of inconsistency which would warrnat the label of hypocrite.

I've never condoned what he did. I've never said he isn't responsible for the consequences of his actions (at least when it comes to the Lichaa incident). I've simply pointed out that people whose only connection to Elliott is the fact they support the sporting club he is contracted to are in no position to judge his character based on one big mistake and a bunch of very minor ones. I just don't think it is in any way the business of fans of the club. Nor do I think it is the clunb's business, tbh.

The reality is players fuck around on their wives all the time. You're telling me you think letting down a mate is worse than letting down your wife and child? Because that seems like a load of boys club nonsense to me. It seems a lot of people here are willing to tolerate aultery as long as the bro code isn't violated, which is nonsense, quite frankly. Letting down a friend is bad.....but a person should have no closer friend than their wife, husband or fiance, so yes, I feel the vitriolic condemnation of Elliott as a human being while other players who do the dirty get a very light treatment by comparison is more than a little hypocritical. I think for most fans, it's not even about morality, it's about what they believe is best for the football club. I wish more people would just come out and admit it. Note: I said most, not all. I understand that some fans have very strong feelings about adultery and apply those standards consistently. I'm just saying I notice a lot of inconsistency on here.
indrrrrex.jpg

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Elliott is shit. Do you think he’s what we need over a Proper 7? We are begging for a true 7 to steer the team with Burton. We don’t need another forward chewing up cap space. What’s your argument for keeping Elliott. Mine is he’s gone down hill bad. I think this is a perfect excuse to be rid of him and free up money.
no argument in getting rid of elliott, just dont pearce for the exact same reasons.

Reactions: ATT