• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I've checked the Bulldogs website and the NRL one and can't find this article. I'm hoping it's fake.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has to be fake. “Tough time for his family” they have already left him. Looks like quotes pulled from the statement at the start of the year. Only question is why the fuck would you go to that much time to try make an official statement. You must be fucking bored in lockdown

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bulldogs Statement on Adam Elliott
bulldogs.com.au
TimestampMon 31 Aug 2021, 01:09 PM
The Bulldogs National Rugby League Club has completed its disciplinary process concerning an incident involving player Adam Elliott on Sunday 22 August.

In response to what has taken place, the Bulldogs have conducted their own review and have decided that Adam will undertake professional help in regard to issues with alcohol, with the Bulldogs to provide full support including a strict monitoring process.

The club does not condone Adam's actions which have had a negative impact on the club and its supporters, however, we acknowledge that Adam has taken full responsibility for his actions and we are supportive of assisting Adam in ensuring he receives the welfare support and help that he requires.

In addition to the proposed $10,000 fine from the National Rugby League (NRL) and further education and training from the governing body, the club will fine Adam $20,000, with a $10,000 component to be suspended. Adam will also be required to do community work at community organisations once COVID-19 conditions ease.

Adam Elliott acknowledged he has a problem and asked for privacy.

"This is an extremely difficult time for my family and I. They are my most important focus at the moment and I ask that people can respect mine and my family's privacy at this time.

"In consultation with the club, I will be undertaking the necessary help that I require with appropriate measures and checks.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to all Bulldogs members, fans and sponsors about recent events. I have brought unnecessary attention to the club at a time when we are preparing to end the season on a good note".
Cheeky

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs Statement on Adam Elliott
bulldogs.com.au
TimestampMon 31 Aug 2021, 01:09 PM
The Bulldogs National Rugby League Club has completed its disciplinary process concerning an incident involving player Adam Elliott on Sunday 22 August.

In response to what has taken place, the Bulldogs have conducted their own review and have decided that Adam will undertake professional help in regard to issues with alcohol, with the Bulldogs to provide full support including a strict monitoring process.

The club does not condone Adam's actions which have had a negative impact on the club and its supporters, however, we acknowledge that Adam has taken full responsibility for his actions and we are supportive of assisting Adam in ensuring he receives the welfare support and help that he requires.

In addition to the proposed $10,000 fine from the National Rugby League (NRL) and further education and training from the governing body, the club will fine Adam $20,000, with a $10,000 component to be suspended. Adam will also be required to do community work at community organisations once COVID-19 conditions ease.

Adam Elliott acknowledged he has a problem and asked for privacy.

"This is an extremely difficult time for my family and I. They are my most important focus at the moment and I ask that people can respect mine and my family's privacy at this time.

"In consultation with the club, I will be undertaking the necessary help that I require with appropriate measures and checks.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to all Bulldogs members, fans and sponsors about recent events. I have brought unnecessary attention to the club at a time when we are preparing to end the season on a good note".
Well played @Cappuccino

Malla

Reaction score
There should be a rehab centre named after Elliott with how much business he gives them. Or that the club pays for.. I hope this is just a PR move to cover their asses and they'll still sack him or move him on at a later date.
Which rehab but
Sex rehab
Alcohol rehab
Drug rehab
Cocky arrogant flog rehab

Or does it cover all the above

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As I said even though he wasn't sacked, he will be given permission to find another club to play his footy at once he finishes his rehab etc.
Bro no other club is going to take the useless ****. This is our chance to finally get rid of him

Malla

Reaction score
Bro no other club is going to take the useless ****. This is our chance to finally get rid of him
You'd be surprised bro
He isn't on much money for us, maybe 500k? We would pay some of his contract, so might only cost a club a small amount off their salary cap.
I think he needs a change more than anything. I feel like he is the teachers pet, he continuously gets away with things and because of that you never see a behaviour shift. I am not trying to make excuses for him because end of the day he is a grown man that should make grown man decisions but it doesn't help that he's on his 7th chance or something lol