Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you have facts and speculation confused. You have no idea what went on with any of it either do I.
I think we both know that there was no action taken by us or the NRL over the Lichaa incident. So that legally can't be counted as a strike.
I think we also both know that there was action taken against the players and us over the Mad Monday incident. Again not 100% attributable to Elliott, we (the club) share the blame (and the punishment) for that.

Always a Bulldog

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we both know that there was no action taken by us or the NRL over the Lichaa incident. So that legally can't be counted as a strike.
I think we also both know that there was action taken against the players and us over the Mad Monday incident. Again not 100% attributable to Elliott, we (the club) share the blame (and the punishment) for that.

Always a Bulldog
There doesn’t need to be any action from the NRL for there to be warning on Elliott from the Bulldogs though. Unless you have seen his records than as I said it’s pure speculation on your part.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whatever speculation is there it is backed up by facts, it isn't "legally" Elliott's 3rd indiscretion, most definitely not according to the NRL anyway. And if there is legal case it will drag on, with plenty of mud slinging while it is.

TK is all about speculation anyway ;)

Always Bulldog
But it is at least the 3rd occasion he has brought bad publicity to the club.. and in the current world we live in, that can be damning enough

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone able to make a Kennel Legal Opinion :grinning: on the 2 prior mentions by the Mad Monday magistrate in her summing up before sentencing Elliott (and Fine).

Do they count as strikes or warnings?

This is part of the court transcripts published in several sources.

"The court heard Elliott had previously fronted a magistrate over a drunken misdemeanour, which resulted in him receiving a good behaviour bond for property damage in 2014.

"Mr Elliott has a habit of making poor decisions whilst affected by alcohol," asst Chief Magistrate Mottley said.

In 2016, Elliott was issued with an infringement notice for larceny, resulting in him paying a fine.

These 2 actions are in some reports on-line, yet missing from other accounts.

The club would know about them if true tho.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's sad that Lichaa's wife is part of the cause of the problem & gets custody. If you are the main reason the marriage is broken then you should pay a penalty.
Maybe the cheating isn't the reason the marriage is broken though. Maybe the cheating is an effect of living in the broken marriage. People treat each other poorly in lots of different ways. It doesn't excuse cheating, but we don't know what was happening behind the scenes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe the cheating isn't the reason the marriage is broken though. Maybe the cheating is an effect of living in the broken marriage. People treat each other poorly in lots of different ways. It doesn't excuse cheating, but we don't know what was happening behind the scenes.
Of course.. For all we know Lichaa was fucking around on her. But there's no excuse for fucking your husbands best mate outside your own house while he's asleep upstairs. That's as scummy as it gets from both Elliott and Lichaa's missus and Lichaa showed restraint to only smash some windows and not smash Elliott's face in.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mmm both those guys now gone.....
That’s not really the point though. The point is the club created an environment in which players were allowed.... even encouraged by coaching staff and officials, to run amok. A lot of the responsibility for the mad Monday shenanigans rests with the club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s not really the point though. The point is the club created an environment in which players were allowed.... even encouraged by coaching staff and officials, to run amok. A lot of the responsibility for the mad Monday shenanigans rests with the club.
Have to agree. If the coach and Admin attending saw a problem with it, they had ample time to close Elliott and Fine down.

It was a private party so they didn't think they needed to.

If not for telephoto lens and scissor lift, no one would have been the wiser.

At the same time, the club should have known that Murdoch DT love to dig for dirt and should have been a bit wiser and cautious about lurking press about to capture any bad looks...chunder in the streets etc.

Another reason to publicly set the bar higher with standards for player behaviour.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No waY, Guys like that are wired different, he will f up again

The fact you come to conclusions based on assumptions speaks volumes on your real life/real world experience. The fact you took this much time out of your day to reply with however many paragraphs you wrote to a complete stranger says a lot champ

Not that I’d ever have to explain myself to a beta male or a female; you’re clearly one of the two with this obsession of a 24 year old rugby league player. I joined this forum simply to cast a vote on sacking this bloke, felt like I had to do my part as a 25 year supporter of our great club, in the slight hope of the club or Gus seeing the poll
So yet again, you feel a need to make it personal. You accuse me of making assumptions, but you’re the one who has just posted two straight comments making negative assumptions about my character. I’ll repeat once again, you know nothing about me. Furthermore, you’re not as insightful as you seem to think you are.

Not only is your comment rude and obnoxious, but it also doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Anyway, congratulations, I hope joining the forum to cast your vote makes you feel powerful. I am sure it will be the tipping point that convinces the club to tear up Elliott’s contract. Lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Have to agree. If the coach and Admin attending saw a problem with it, they had ample time to close Elliott and Fine down.

It was a private party so they didn't think they needed to.

If not for telephoto lens and scissor lift, no one would have been the wiser.

At the same time, the club should have known that Murdoch DT love to dig for dirt and should have been a bit wiser and cautious about lurking press about to capture any bad looks...chunder in the streets etc.

Another reason to publicly set the bar higher with standards for player behaviour.
I agree with most of whst you say, but the club shouldn’t be basing its decisions on appeasing the media. If they do that, the media will just flip the script and attack the club for sacking Elliott for a minor offence. They did the same thing with
CHN and Okunbor. While they were contracted, the media pushed the narrative that they needed to go, but as soon as the club terminated their contracts, the narrative shifted and they became the victims.,The last thing the club should do is try to let media perception dictate its decisions. The next time they are pushed to let go of a player, it may be one people like.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with most of whst you say, but the club shouldn’t be basing its decisions on appeasing the media. If they do that, the media will just flip the script and attack the club for sacking Elliott for a minor offence. They did the same thing with
CHN and Okunbor. While they were contracted, the media pushed the narrative that they needed to go, but as soon as the club terminated their contracts, the narrative shifted and they became the victims.,The last thing the club should do is try to let media perception dictate its decisions. The next time they are pushed to let go of a player, it may be one people like.
The club should be basing their decision on whether or not he is worth his contract value for the next 2 years. That may sound harsh but that’s what successful clubs would do.

Elliott has given the club a chance to sack him. His manager can bitch as much as he wants about trying to create cap space but his client has given the club a chance to do that.

If he is on $500k then it’s probably good business to punt him. He doesn’t make our starting side next year with TPJ coming and $500k is expensive for a bench player.

If he was on $300k I would say keep him

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
When Vaughan got sacked the Dragons referred to a previously unknown sexting scandal as part of the reason for terminating his contract.
Just because there's no action in public doesn't necessarily mean that there's nothing kept on record.
I genuinely hope Elliott has played his last game for the Dogs, he's scum.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So yet again, you feel a need to make it personal. You accuse me of making assumptions, but you’re the one who has just posted two straight comments making negative assumptions about my character. I’ll repeat once again, you know nothing about me. Furthermore, you’re not as insightful as you seem to think you are.

Not only is your comment rude and obnoxious, but it also doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Anyway, congratulations, I hope joining the forum to cast your vote makes you feel powerful. I am sure it will be the tipping point that convinces the club to tear up Elliott’s contract. Lol
Mate..i think its Lichaa in disguise LOL don't sweat it Lewis has just taken some pressure off maybe :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: