• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
So this breach notice that the club has served Elliott does he have to reply within 5 business days or just 5 days?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So if he is sacked do we pay out his contract and free up the cap space or does he lose his remaining contract money and we free up the cap space still?
I am assuming that he would be entitled to the same process as any other employee....
Termination
A. Minimum entitlements to notice
So, you have been sacked or given notice of termination or you wish to resign from your job. Even if you do not wish to pursue the issue of whether a termination was unfair or unlawful, you should still ensure that you receive the proper notice according to law and have received payment of your other accrued entitlements. To check whether you have received appropriate notice, you need to consider both your contract and minimum legislative entitlements. There is a minimum entitlement to notice under the Fair Work Act which operates where a written contract is silent on the issue of notice or provides for less than the minimum required by legislation. The only exception to this requirement is if an employee has been sacked for gross misconduct and there is no challenge to the validity of the sacking. If an employee accepts that their termination is due to their gross misconduct, they will not be entitled to payment for notice although they will be entitled to payment for any annual leave owed.

The article does provide more information of course but this extract sort of covers the situation we have at the moment and the procedure having to be followed........

A dismissal will be unfair if the dismissal:

• was harsh, unjust or unreasonable;

The criteria for deciding whether a dismissal was harsh, unjust or unreasonable include:

1. whether there was a valid reason for the dismissal related to the person’s capacity or conduct;
  2. whether the person was notified of that reason;
  3. whether the person was given an opportunity to respond to the reason;

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s not really the point though. The point is the club created an environment in which players were allowed.... even encouraged by coaching staff and officials, to run amok. A lot of the responsibility for the mad Monday shenanigans rests with the club.
I see what you are saying and I agree, but my point was that both these guys are now gone as a result of their behaviour whereas Elliot isn't ( at least until things are sorted)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I went through the same problems. Ex missus cheated on me and runs off with the other guy, taking our kids and playing "happy families" together with him while I sat on the side line world completely turned upside down feeling devastated and having minimal access to my kids. It's like I got penalised for something she did, nothing changed for her except who she slept with. She got away with it all scot-free.
Mate, that is devastating. I went through a break up in the normal circumstances where there was no one else and that was bad enough, but the betrayal you would have felt and the fact that you were on the wrong end of the process, I feel for you...

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Announcement in 5 days at 4pm?

Seriously though, if you get busted in the toilets wouldn't you get the fukk outta there by the time the worker came back with the keys? Or at the very least, put your shirt back on? What a dumb fukk lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Announcement in 5 days at 4pm?

Seriously though, if you get busted in the toilets wouldn't you get the fukk outta there by the time the worker came back with the keys? Or at the very least, put your shirt back on? What a dumb fukk lol
Maybe because it was only enough time to put on his pants and whatever else he had off

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the beginning of the end for our old mate Adam Elliott at the Bulldogs after the club serve him with a breach notice.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Our teams full of weak *****... Someone like Pritchard or Graham in most recent times are needed when ***** like Elliot step out of line
Just shows the dogs don’t have a real leader. Dogs may need to go to a leadership group type situation to build those future leaders of the club next year. Until someone puts there hand up from that group. So many new players next year.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest, I can't see how they can sack him. He hasn't broken any law & wasn't charged. Can't see how the NRL fined him, but then they need extra money.
I know. He has a knack to do things which aren't illegal, just bad taste and immoral. He has survived this long at our club purely based on this. Teflon

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am assuming that he would be entitled to the same process as any other employee....
Termination
A. Minimum entitlements to notice
So, you have been sacked or given notice of termination or you wish to resign from your job. Even if you do not wish to pursue the issue of whether a termination was unfair or unlawful, you should still ensure that you receive the proper notice according to law and have received payment of your other accrued entitlements. To check whether you have received appropriate notice, you need to consider both your contract and minimum legislative entitlements. There is a minimum entitlement to notice under the Fair Work Act which operates where a written contract is silent on the issue of notice or provides for less than the minimum required by legislation. The only exception to this requirement is if an employee has been sacked for gross misconduct and there is no challenge to the validity of the sacking. If an employee accepts that their termination is due to their gross misconduct, they will not be entitled to payment for notice although they will be entitled to payment for any annual leave owed.

The article does provide more information of course but this extract sort of covers the situation we have at the moment and the procedure having to be followed........

A dismissal will be unfair if the dismissal:

• was harsh, unjust or unreasonable;

The criteria for deciding whether a dismissal was harsh, unjust or unreasonable include:

1. whether there was a valid reason for the dismissal related to the person’s capacity or conduct;
  2. whether the person was notified of that reason;
  3. whether the person was given an opportunity to respond to the reason;
It will all depend on his contact which will no doubt contain clauses relating to codes of conduct and the consequences of breaches. I doubt he will be able to claim unfair dismissal if he has breached the code of conduct and subsequently triggered dismissal clauses.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, that is devastating. I went through a break up in the normal circumstances where there was no one else and that was bad enough, but the betrayal you would have felt and the fact that you were on the wrong end of the process, I feel for you...
Thanks, life goes on. It's all now water under the bridge. It took a few years but now her and I have somewhat of a friendly relationship for the kids sake, though I still don't have as much access to the kids as I would like but at least me and her getting along keeps things civil.