• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You said " When a sponsor starts influencing your roster ( who stays and who goes) then you have a problem"

Does Politis (A sponsor) influence the Roosters' roster?

The answer is yes so all the other stuff is irrelevant. I answered your question but you didn't like the answer even if it is true!
Laundy has been at the club 5 minutes and is already influencing management by defending idiots who fuck up.Elliott has screwed up 3 times.
Let management deal with the player, Laundy just needs to stick to fulfilling his sponsorship obligations, which does not include him having a say who the club keeps or releases.
Elliott should have been sacked with his first misdemeanour when he flashed his cock and put it in glass on mad Monday at the pub in the Rocks .

Politis influences the roster by signing players ( add brown paper bags ) , that’s a positive influence. The club/coach gets what the club/coach wants because Politis makes it happened through his brown paper bags and 3rd party deals. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him go out on a limb to defend a player who has tarnished his clubs reputation.

Last edited:

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard months back that his family moved back south after the last drama if true I believe he should join Canberra ( if possible ) even if it meant taking a pay cat in order to be close to his child and other family members, it will do him a world of good !
Canberra don’t tolerate dickheads

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think it's just Pacific heritage players, it's anyone with the right values. Elliott just uses alcohol as an excuse for his poor behavior when in reality he's just a selfish scumbag who doesn't think about anyone but himself.

If the club doesn't sack him then they should just tell him to leave or spend the rest of his contract in reserves.
Even a Nihilist would think what happened with Lichaa was a scummy thing to do.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Laundy has been at the club 5 minutes and is already influencing management by defending idiots who fuck up.Elliott has screwed up 3 times.
Let management deal with the player, Laundy just needs to stick to fulfilling his sponsorship obligations, which does not include him having a say who the club keeps or releases.
Elliott should have been sacked with his first misdemeanour when he flashed his cock and put it in glass on mad Monday at the pub in the Rocks .

Politis influences the roster by signing players ( add brown paper bags ) , that’s a positive influence. The club/coach gets what the club/coach wants because Politis makes it happened through his brown paper bags and 3rd party deals. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him go out on a limb to defend a player who has tarnished his clubs reputation.
you wasted your time I didn't read it because I was right.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you wasted your time I didn't read it because I was right.
Not really, I would have wasted my time if you had not gone to the effort trying to convince yourself and everyone that you didn’t read my reply by posting “ I have wasted my time Because you didn’t read it” .
But you’ve cornered yourself , If you reply again then everyone will see that I did not waste my time because you have ALSO read this reply and forced your hand into replying .
If you don’t reply, apart from conceding you were wrong everyone will see that I have been right .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think that's the way it's panning out too. But this means his next indiscretion should be sackable. At 100 games and 3 or 4 incidents it's not too long to wait
At his Mad Monday court appearance, the magistrate mentioned 2 prior proceedings, so it appears there's 5 incidents at least.

"The court heard Elliott had previously fronted a magistrate over a drunken misdemeanour, which resulted in him receiving a good behaviour bond for property damage in 2014.

"Mr Elliott has a habit of making poor decisions whilst affected by alcohol," Ms Mottley said.

In 2016, Elliott was issued with a criminal infringement notice for larceny, resulting in him paying a fine."

Larceny?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really, I would have wasted my time if you had not gone to the effort trying to convince yourself and everyone that you didn’t read my reply by posting “ I have wasted my time Because you didn’t read it” .
But you’ve cornered yourself , If you reply again then everyone will see that I did not waste my time because you have ALSO read this reply and forced your hand into replying .
If you don’t reply, apart from conceding you were wrong everyone will see that I have been right .
you said that no other sponsor gets involved in clubs affairs including the roster (a summation) Is Politis a sponsor? yes, Does he get involved in the Roosters' roster? yes. FACT!

Reactions: ATT

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who said anything about it being anybody else's fault? He has made a few stupid choices, the stupidest of which cost him his psrtner and the opportunity to live with his child. That does not mean he deserves to have his livelihood taken away. Footy players have kept their careers for doing much worse. Players have done much worse and gone on to play origin and win premierships, ffs. Will you still be pointing fingers and saying he's only to blame if he spirals further into alcoholism and ends up hurting himself in some way? Or will you sit back and think, wow, that's sad....if only someone had given him support when he most needed it? Rugby league clubs do foster a strong drinking culture that makes it very hard for some players to get off the grog and there's no doubt grog impacts on our decision making. If people like Blake Ferguson, Mitchell Pearce and Matt Lodge can still make a good living in the game after the things they did, someone in the game should sure as Hell throw a crumb to Adam Elliott.

All I said was I hope this doesn't ruin his life. You'd think people could show some basic compassion and agree to that, no matter what they think of him as a player, or what they think about some of the choices he has made.
What are you saying? Do you want the club to keep him
And give him
Hugs and care.

you don’t want him sacked?
You wouldn’t rather the club use that money on a spine player?

I don’t get it are you his mother or a fan of the club.?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At his Mad Monday court appearance, the magistrate mentioned 2 prior proceedings, so it appears there's 5 incidents at least.

"The court heard Elliott had previously fronted a magistrate over a drunken misdemeanour, which resulted in him receiving a good behaviour bond for property damage in 2014.

"Mr Elliott has a habit of making poor decisions whilst affected by alcohol," Ms Mottley said.

In 2016, Elliott was issued with a criminal infringement notice for larceny, resulting in him paying a fine."

Larceny?
Stealing

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he's on 450, tops.....but honestly, I think people would complain about him even if he were on minimum wage......once the kennel takes a disliking to a player, they seldom recover.
The general consensus with fans of not just the bulldogs or the kennel, but rugby league in general is that he is disliked. I happened to notice that adultery isn’t frowned upon by yourself and you seem to think the majority of people have done it and it’s not a major infraction. I can only assume what demographic you belong to, you guys would “root” your own sister if she was hot and blame it on the piss
Elliot is a scum and has no one else to blame but himself, i can’t get the image of him being held up in the in goal on his 100th and sticking his tongue out in bemusement, completely taking the piss. Yeah I get we are wooden spooners and this years a complete write off, but fk me this guys attitude stinks

Get rid of him once and for all, bring back our mighty Bulldogs

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say a move to the Titans is out of the question.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Saw this in an article about Robbo. It probably puts into perspective Laundy's quote about Elliott. Arthur is probably more of a father figure and concerned with player welfare in his role of sponsor, than is normal practice so it's probably appropriate to cut him some slack for having his say (which was no doubt meant in the correct way and probably taken out of context by the media as they do).

"Ever since the diagnosis, Robinson has been inundated with calls from former players keen to lift his spirits. Bulldogs sponsor Arthur Laundy checks in on him daily and the likes of Steve Roach, Terry Lamb, Mark Carroll, Ben Elias, Joe Thomas – “the list goes on and on” – have brightened his day with phone calls of support.

“It keeps me going, people like that ringing me,” he said. “People talk to you, they tell you to fight. They bring up things from the past; if you won that, you can win this.

“I’m just lost for words sometimes; I don’t know what to say to people. Sometimes you get a bit down and then you get a phone call and that picks you up.

“It’s such a great era because we are still mates after all this time. I can’t thank them enough. It helps me to keep on fighting. Having so many people ring me up only makes me fight harder and harder."

Arthur must be a good bloke to ring daily and a person of his standing is good for the club and appreciated by the players.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw this in an article about Robbo. It probably puts into perspective Laundy's quote about Elliott. Arthur is probably more of a father figure and concerned with player welfare in his role of sponsor, than is normal practice so it's probably appropriate to cut him some slack for having his say (which was no doubt meant in the correct way and probably taken out of context by the media as they do).

"Ever since the diagnosis, Robinson has been inundated with calls from former players keen to lift his spirits. Bulldogs sponsor Arthur Laundy checks in on him daily and the likes of Steve Roach, Terry Lamb, Mark Carroll, Ben Elias, Joe Thomas – “the list goes on and on” – have brightened his day with phone calls of support.

“It keeps me going, people like that ringing me,” he said. “People talk to you, they tell you to fight. They bring up things from the past; if you won that, you can win this.

“I’m just lost for words sometimes; I don’t know what to say to people. Sometimes you get a bit down and then you get a phone call and that picks you up.

“It’s such a great era because we are still mates after all this time. I can’t thank them enough. It helps me to keep on fighting. Having so many people ring me up only makes me fight harder and harder."

Arthur must be a good bloke to ring daily and a person of his standing is good for the club and appreciated by the players.
The support a sponsor gives the the player may include whether or not staying at the club is in the players best long term interest. Short term it may be about immediate welfare but they may also encourage a fresh start elsewhere even if not a sacking.
Integrity unit report and the consensus of club sentiment including players will be interesting

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The support a sponsor gives the the player may include whether or not staying at the club is in the players best long term interest. Short term it may be about immediate welfare but they may also encourage a fresh start elsewhere even if not a sacking.
Integrity unit report and the consensus of club sentiment including players will be interesting
Yes exactly. Now it's time to work out a solution. It seems a bridge to far to just try and smooth this latest incident over and resume as tho nothing happened...even if it is just a kiss in a toilet.

Too many fans and (apparently) sponsors have had enough. We supposedly lost Rashrat's 2 million sponsorship the last episode Adam is associated with (which was totally wrong as it was a private party) but it's a cause of another court appearance nevertheless.

Arthur can be included in the support network to facilitate a change of clubs as you have said. It's in everyone's best interests to look after a troubled player and yet move them on to allow a better environment for a re-building club who are down and out coming last and need a whole of club, and roster, fresh start.

I'm sure Gus and the Board will take all factors into consideration so we'll just have to accept that. They know the kind of criticism, and DT bagging and pressure they will get if there's yet another incident, so it's vitally important to get it right for their own reputations as well. There's a huge onus on Adam if they stick with him.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In these types of incidents it generally comes down to contract value. If the player is overpaid he gets punted (eg - Vaughan). If he is top quality or the club is getting value for money he stays.

The shitty thing about this is that Elliott is the type of player we want in future in terms of contract value (certainly not moral value). He actually stayed for less than what he could get on the market because we bought him through the system. Yes he has been ordinary this year but he isn’t an edge backrower. He is a lock.

I couldn’t care less if we punted him but it won’t clear much space as he is only on $350k.