• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a piece of shit. Anyone else would have been sacked after that mad monday incident but he is the teachers pet. Fine who got naked with him on that mad monday has not been seen since. His career was ruined and Elliot just played his 100th last week. It reeks absolute fucking shit the way his career has been handled. He's a piece of shit.
It should be pointed out that Fine was a minimum contract player who's contract was up & the decision to cut ties with him had already been made. He also got a very bad dislocation of the hip in his last game.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A question. Are the club or NRL allowed to drug test a player if they believe they have taken an illegal substance? If so he should have been tested immediately, there would be a decent chance of finding a positive for the ol' Peruvian marching powder and give us an easy out.

I also wonder if he was tested as part of his rehab treatment back in Sydney but once they moved to QLD that probably fell by the wayside.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals how Bulldogs will decide fate of Adam Elliott

50 minutes ago
Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould admits Adam Elliott's time at the club is hanging in the balance, with his history of alcohol-related incidents wearing thin.

Speaking to James Bracey for Wide World of Sports' Six Tackles with Gus podcast this morning, Gould gave an in-depth breakdown of what had happened since the Bulldogs first got wind of Elliott's misbehaviour at a Gold Coast restaurant, with a board meeting on Monday night determining that no decision would be made on his future until the NRL Integrity Unit had completed its findings.

However, Gould made clear that it rankled Canterbury that Elliott had given the media an opportunity to "regurgitate" stories of his past indiscretions, making what might otherwise have been treated as "not a major issue" something bigger.

Adam Elliott of the Bulldogs in action against the Knights.
Adam Elliott of the Bulldogs in action against the Knights. (Getty)
"In Adam's case, and what I tried to explain to Adam, while you think this might not be a major issue, it is actually because it allows the media to regurgitate all that stuff, and that's apart from 'what the hell were you thinking anyway' and why did you put yourself and get yourself into this position," Gould said.

"You may think that it's only a minor issue but it's actually not and they've got to learn to understand why that happens.

"In isolation sometimes they're not major issues but they accumulate over time and sponsors and members and fans and, as I say, staff, everyone starts to get worn by it and tired by it and when it's the same culprits all the time, that's when they start to get intolerant of it to be honest."

Elliott's latest indiscretion evolved into a more salacious story when it was revealed in the media that NRLW star Millie Boyle was at the restaurant with him and they'd been seen going into the bathroom of the establishment together.

Boyle has since given an interview to explain her side of the story, saying "all we did was have a kiss in the bathroom" and claiming it's "a big kerfuffle about nothing" yet it gave the story new life and ensured Elliott and the Bulldogs stayed in the headlines for another couple of days.

Millie Boyle and Adam Elliott.
Millie Boyle and Adam Elliott. (Getty)
When it comes to tawdry headlines, Elliott has form after playing a leading role in the Mad Monday nudity controversy in 2018 and then being grilled by the Bulldogs over reports that he was involved in a love triangle with ex-teammate Michael Lichaa and Lichaa's fiancee Kara Childerhouse - a situation that came to light when Lichaa sprung them together at Elliott's house, resulting in a physical altercation and police charges against Lichaa. The matter is still before the courts and the ex-Canterbury hooker denies he assaulted anyone, entering not guilty pleas.

Gould said there were plenty of instances in the past where clubs have had a gutful of players after one incident too many and terminated their contract.

"We see it happen from time to time with players and clubs and they bounce around and try to start something somewhere else," Gould said.

"I don't know whether that will be the case with Adam or not, but that will be a decision we make once the NRL Integrity Unit's done its job."

Gould said it had started to hit home for Elliott that his NRL career was hanging in the balance, with the Bulldogs ensuring he has plenty of support around him to deal with concerns for his welfare.

It's for that reason, Gould added, that he had made the decision to keep Elliott in Queensland with the first grade side rather than allowing him to go to Darwin to visit his family or come back to Sydney.

Adam Elliott has been stood down by the Bulldogs while a restaurant incident is investigated.
"I've been doing this a long time and you feel for them but there are two parts to this, there's the welfare of the player and with Adam Elliott we made the decision to stand him down for the last two games of the season, and then what do we do?" Gould said.

"Do we keep him in camp or do we send him home? He wanted to go to Darwin to visit his former partner and child and I didn't want to send him there on his own and I didn't want him to come back to Sydney on his own so we've kept him with the team because there's a welfare issue with this now.

"There's a mental health issue and we've got to be very guarded with how he deals with this because as the reasoning comes to hand, he's sort of realising now what's happened and the ramifications for that, not only football wise but in his personal life.

"As I say this will resolve itself in one way or another, his relationship with the Bulldogs, in the next week or so I suppose, but there are other personal issues that are going to go on beyond that outside of football and we've got to be mindful of the mental health and the welfare of the player also."
To me that once again confirms that Gus is done with Elliott and if they can't sack him, they'll shop him around to other clubs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus has now twice really made a point of all Elliott’s indiscretions snowballing into something that has gone beyond tolerable. I’d now be surprised if he wasn’t sacked
But then he winds it back to our clubs responsibility to the player.

Confusing stance ..but is only early and he's trying to appear even handed and fair to all parties.

It isn't just all about Adam. Fans have had enough of players indiscretions affecting an already thoroughly dispirited club and its fan base.

Long after Barrett, Elliott, Flanaghan, Waddle, Stimpson have retired to their Gold Coast mansions, we will still be here... Bulldogs supporters looking at our club to have good standards, and a successful winning culture.

Gus has been brought in to start the turn around so it's on him.

Malla

Reaction score
To me that once again confirms that Gus is done with Elliott and if they can't sack him, they'll shop him around to other clubs.
Same. I reckon he won't be sacked straight away, put him thru counselling and get the help he needs then maybe he gets sacked when the dust settles? I was told slim chance for sacking but either way he won't be at the Dogs.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How are fans voting wit their feet? can you qualify that staytement? Has this relatively minor incident resulted in a sudded drop in membership? The smart kids would be asking their parents why the media why Elliott is getting grilled so hard when other offenders with repeat form are getting into nightclub brawls.

Gee some of you like to lay it on a bit thick.
Haven't you noticed the dismal crowds this year? Geez some of the games haven't even had 1 person there. Shh don't mention the COVID thing, it's purely coincidental.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
still, if he takes his money away, where does that leave us?
I'm sure we'll be able to find another sponsor, even in this Covid economy. Especially with Gus' connections and the signings we've made for next season. Laundy got the sponsorship free last year and at a reduced rate this year anyway..

I wouldn't have a problem with Laundy if he just kept his opinions to himself. Gus is basically saying that Elliott will be moved on. Yet the sponsor comes out and and undermines what the club is saying and trying to do.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Millie said they are both single so I think we need to stop saying Elliott cheated in this instance (yes he fucked up with Lichaa I ain't defending that).

I agree with Paul Kent that its a joke Millie isn't investigated as if it was just a kiss in the bathroom I doubt it would've came out. If it was just a kiss, god there are some prude people in society that are pretty bothered. Just remember we had instances last year of guys messing around with under age girls and banging in nightclub toilets (which may or may not have been the case here) and we were saying don't get rid of CHN, unfair dismissal, etc etc.

Elliott is a bog average player and has some serious issues off the field away from rugby league but I don't like the double standard that if it was Thompson the narrative would be get over it and Khoury shouldn't sack him.

I've said it previously, Elliott needs to show some balls and walk away himself acknowledging he has a problem with alcohol. I would from my job if that was the case and my personal issues aren't even in the spotlight.
Just to clarify, there were NO under age girls.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Boooo....sack Gus!

Seriously, I don't think this indicates a decision one way or the other. I think there is probably internal debate still going on at the club. Good to see they are looking out for his welfare in the meantime.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Boooo....sack Gus!

Seriously, I don't think this indicates a decision one way or the other. I think there is probably internal debate still going on at the club. Good to see they are looking out for his welfare in the meantime.
It looks like the writing is on the wall.. Gus' comment about Elliott not thinking it's that big a deal was the most damning thing. If Gus needs to explain why it's an issue, then it shows that Elliott just doesn't get it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm sure we'll be able to find another sponsor, even in this Covid economy. Especially with Gus' connections and the signings we've made for next season. Laundy got the sponsorship free last year and at a reduced rate this year anyway..

I wouldn't have a problem with Laundy if he just kept his opinions to himself. Gus is basically saying that Elliott will be moved on. Yet the sponsor comes out and and undermines what the club is saying and trying to do.
"I don't know whether that will be the case with Adam or not, but that will be a decision we make once the NRL Integrity Unit's done its job." That doesn't suggest a decisive outcome oeither way to me. In any case, I really doubt Laundy would threaten to pull his sponsorship over it. I don't think having someone as influential and respected in the business community as Laundy is a bad thing, personally.

Haven't you noticed the dismal crowds this year? Geez some of the games haven't even had 1 person there. Shh don't mention the COVID thing, it's purely coincidental.
Right you are.....nothing to do with the pandemic, or the crap footy we're playing. Crowd numbers have been down due to people not liking Elliott. Lol

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate the Daily Mail, but quality headline

The grovelling phone call NRL bad boy made after toilet tryst with female player that's left his career hanging in the balance

That's one of their shorter headlines, but geez that is one rag of a paper.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was he actually drunk or just had a few drinks? Since he wasn't removed from the premises for being drunk or refused service at the bar then there is no evidenced to support your claim.

Did he bring the female or did the female bring him or was it mutual agreement? Again there is no evidenced to support your claim.

We all know SBW did it (undeniably the full dead) at least once, most would agree that SBW is a professional athlete and it doesn't seem to have affected his career. It's hardly a rarity, you can pretty much bet that somewhere in the world right now a professional athlete will be doing it somewhere that they shouldn't and with someone that they shouldn't.

Always a Bulldog
I hope they are wearing masks though. You wouldn't want to catch something.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It looks like the writing is on the wall.. Gus' comment about Elliott not thinking it's that big a deal was the most damning thing. If Gus needs to explain why it's an issue, then it shows that Elliott just doesn't get it.
Maybe, but he also says the welfare of the player will be factored into the decision, as well as the outcome of the broader investigation. I could be wrong, but I don't think the outcome is cut and dried just yet. I think there are mixed feelings within the club and that Gus is weighing all of that up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe, but he also says the welfare of the player will be factored into the decision, as well as the outcome of the broader investigation. I could be wrong, but I don't think the outcome is cut and dried just yet. I think there are mixed feelings within the club and that Gus is weighing all of that up.
I think Gus is mostly just saying that as that's the correct procedure. From most of his other comments, it doesn't sound like he'll still be at the club. We'll see what happens. It wouldn't surprise me if a final decision isn't made til after the season once all of the hysteria dies down.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
‘Give the grog away’: Bulldogs backer calls last drinks for Elliott

Canterbury’s major sponsor, beer baron Arthur Laundy, believes Adam Elliott deserves one last chance at the club, but says he must swear off alcohol completely given it has been the common denominator in all of his off-field dramas.

Elliott’s future is again at the crossroads after he was ejected from a Gold Coast restaurant after a toilet tryst with NRLW player Millie Boyle.

The Bulldogs have stood down Elliott pending an NRL integrity unit probe into allegations he was asked to leave the White Rhino restaurant after being busted in the men’s bathroom with Boyle. The club will wait for the NRL’s verdict before proceeding, but several powerbrokers have run out of patience and are prepared to tear up his contract pending legal advice.

One influential figure at Belmore who believes Elliott should be spared is Laundy. The veteran hotelier has been active at the club since becoming its major sponsor in 2020 and helped convince Elliott to re-sign when there was a more lucrative offer from the Warriors.

During his six decades in the liquor trade, Laundy has seen plenty of lost causes due to alcohol, but he is adamant Elliott isn’t one of them.
“I hope they keep him in the fold,” Laundy told the Herald. ”I’ve never kicked a person while they are down, I’m here to help and encourage and teach a person.

“I’ve had 60-odd years of experience in the liquor trade; I’ve seen them go down. If he was to go down as a result of this and lose his position, it would have an enormous psychological effect on that young lad.
“He was going to go to the Warriors, I took him and his manager to lunch … he knocked back bigger money in New Zealand to stay with us. As a result of that, he’s become like another son to me.

“Last night Adam called me and he was so down, he knew he’d done the wrong thing. He said, ‘I’m so sorry I let you down.’ I said, ‘You’ve let yourself down’. I told him, ‘I’m still here for you and will always be here for you.’”

I now know Gus has 2 immediate missions on his hands
1...He needs to call the Warriors and see if they are still interested in Elliott.
2...He must send our Jersey to the LAUNDRY to clean the LAUNDYS of it :grinning: