Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Adam Doueihi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs offered Carr 400k he rejected it his heart is with Souths
I don't blame addo Carr rejecting our stupid fucking offer 400k for him that's fucking insult he is currently one of the best wingers in the world plays for his country and state and our club low balls him with a shit offer like that we need a super star signning and we had our chance to sign him and we low ball him our recruitment committee are shit full stop we have had 2 good signnings (DWZ, CHN) and the rest below average no wonder there is people getting frustrated we can't seem to close a deal and it must be because we low ball everyone when we had a few shit years you need to pay over to get someone like a JAC not offer them fuck all I wernt say much more on the recruitment as it's a point that pisses me of i hope the recruitment committee proves me wrong and we can sign some good players for 2021 I'm looking forward to the season starts !!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like siege mentality, players buying in to what we are trying to build is important, but you also need to give them good offers to join us and help us go to the next level.
That's the problem. Time to move with the times. Siege mentality doesn't work like it used to on that level.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree, he should be afforded the opportunity to build the team he wants.
I still don't understand why Pay is having such authority on signings and cap management when he might not even be coaching in 2021? Obviously he should be involved in discussions, but he shouldn't be the one making decisions.

My biggest worry is that they'll waste the 2021 and beyond cap space as they'll have to make last minute desperation signings just to use the required 95% of the cap up.

The more players that get taken off the market week to week, especially Addo Carr and Thompson, the more likely that is to happen.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm referring to management procedures as far as recruitment is concerned. Yes you are correct regarding team seige mentality.
I like siege mentality, players buying in to what we are trying to build is important, but you also need to give them good offers to join us and help us go to the next level.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough. I just think the club can't afford the slow rebuild. This will be the 4th year we failed to make the semis if his strategy fails.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well yes, i have mentioned on here before that we need to look at how we do things in that regard, because based on results it hasn't been working.
As well we need to forge a closer and more personal relationship with player managers.
Continuous improvement in every aspect
I'm referring to management procedures as far as recruitment is concerned. Yes you are correct regarding team seige mentality.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I have been a big voice on this don't worry.
The way this has panned out so far, I have a gut feeling they will stay loyal with the current playing group for the first 6-8 weeks of the comp, if things go the way they have in previous years, then I am positively hoping that the DNB will spring into action with a flurry of signings for 2021, and yes with good offers no low balling.
Fair enough. I just think the club can't afford the slow rebuild. This will be the 4th year we failed to make the semis if his strategy fails.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Clearly.
Well yes, i have mentioned on here before that we need to look at how we do things in that regard, because based on results it hasn't been working.
As well we need to forge a closer and more personal relationship with player managers.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly hope something gives as player talent pool slowly diminishing.
Talent pool will never diminish.. every bloody year we have a once in a generation player coming through lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If this is even a bit factual, it's just not workable in today's player manager regime. They control the talent.

If we are low balling offers or beating around the bush, then the managers won't give us the time of day nor bother even returning our calls.

We need more information and not just rumours.....but how do you provide proof.

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
Adam Doueihi has signed with the Tigers for 4 years 2.5mil

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Normally the case but how can he build a team if no-one (next level players) wants to play for him?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers about to pay him $2.5 mill over 4 years fmd they love paying overs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Adam Doueihi has signed with the Tigers for 4 years 2.5mil
Wow. He was overvalued at 550k which Souths were paying him but that type of deal for Douhehi for that long reeks of desperation.

This is what happens when the bottom clubs have to overpay in order to sign any decent player they can with their available cap space.

Still, i think Douhehi is a solid player and hope he eventually proves to be worth it for the Tigers because they could do with some good fortune for once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.