Aaron Woods = Dally M prop of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here still think he is a dud? He is a modern day front rower. Big, strong, hard to pull down, has an offload, very mobile for his size and has a big motor. What say the woodsy haters???
That's this year.
Who cares about this year?
I want him to be prop of the year in 2018!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
pretty appalling that a guy whos about to get the most metres run in a season doesn't win the award. Swear they just pick the awards out of a hat. I'd like to know how widdop got 5/8 of the year over keary and how the hell they even judge captain of the year
Widdop will piss on Keary anyday...

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's this year.
Who cares about this year?
I want him to be prop of the year in 2018!
I want klemmer to get it mainly cause that means he will be wearing the 8 or 10 and not the 13

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want klemmer to get it mainly cause that means he will be wearing the 8 or 10 and not the 13
Des Hasler is gone. I'm sure with him went his interpretation of players abilities.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he runs harder and straighter like youd think pay i feel will get him too and then popping an offload hell be very handy

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We've picked Woods up when he should be reaching his best few years. He's a hard worker, makes good metres, defends really well and generally makes plenty of sensible offloads. I wish we didn't have to let Graham and Kasiano go to bring him into the squad, but i think that our pack is better than what Woods has played in at the Tigers so hopefully we see the best of him over the next few years.
I was over Kasiano but over Des (not under) I think we may regret him leaving

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love his offloads, we are not going to have a rebuilding year, we are going to go in full noise to win the comp, business as usual.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would like to know what Robbo is doing in life in general these days? is he still in Sydney, what does he do for a crust, does anyone know? I do know he won a premiership with the U23's the same year the Dogs won all three Grades coz I was there that day which I will never forget!!
Yep still in Sydney.
My mum is mates with him.
I think he's a handyman or something.
He was very disappointed with the direction of the club over the last couple of years.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Widdop will piss on Keary anyday...
Not saying he's necessarily a better player but he definitely had a better year clearly, saints were non existent half the year

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not saying he's necessarily a better player but he definitely had a better year clearly, saints were non existent half the year
Because Widdop was injured for that half.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was over Kasiano but over Des (not under) I think we may regret him leaving
If Kasiano gets back to his best he'll do great down there, but he really has to put more thought into when he offloads. For the last couple of seasons his offloads have been a lottery. At times they work out pretty well, but he's created some dangerous spots for us by throwing them to nobody. I won't miss that aspect of his game. But with a good hooker he'll be able toi hit the line at pace again and is hard to stop in these situations.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There can be no doubt that politics has a lot to do with awards, Green considering the injuries to his star players should have won it.
Something that should be noted is that the coach of the year award was up until round 26. Finals are irrelevant. You may still believe he is worthy.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think Woods is handy but he's not going to solve the Bulldogs problem of not being able to score points.
Losing Graham & Kasiano and gaining Woods is hardly a move in a positive direction. He won't be a dud buy, but he won't be in the running for buy of the year either.
I think the Bulldogs will be a weaker line up in 2018 unless they can pick up 3 to 4 quality backs including a number 7. That's unlikely, as is a top 8 position next year.
Fuck off choker

Status
Not open for further replies.