Aaron Schoupp on how Matt Burton, Josh Addo Carr have Belmore ‘buzzing’

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hope you’re wrong. Naden hasn’t done anything to have the left centre spot sewn up. I’d prefer to see him on the right wing
He hasn't, but Baz wants him there and that's that.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for the people who think Naden will permanently stay at centre ... what do we do if Schoupp and Alamoti are both firing ? Or do you just accept we lose one of them ?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why hasn’t Uncle Wayne swooped in already and taken him off our hands for 2023?
I don’t ever see him bring a productive starter for us unfortunately
Agreed mate, it was a very bad signing, and I fear we'll be stuck with him for another 2 years.
But here's hoping uncle Wayne gets desperate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Naden is a better centre than winger and we currently have a gaping hole on the right wing, defensively Naden has also been extremely poor when defending at centre compared to the wing. TPJ is also extremely poor defending on an edge and is a better middle than edge forward.

Offensively I also see some issues, they're all obviously our better strike players but I'm not sure how complimentary of each other they will be. JAC could potentially be starved of quality ball with Naden and TPJ inside him overplaying there hand, is TPJ going to run the lines Burton needs him to? I could be wrong and they combine well, I just have my doubts and think there's a better combinations we could try that would be more complimentary and give us a more balanced side.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Naden is a better centre than winger and we currently have a gaping hole on the right wing, defensively Naden has also been extremely poor when defending at centre compared to the wing. TPJ is also extremely poor defending on an edge and is a better middle than edge forward.

Offensively I also see some issues, they're all obviously our better strike players but I'm not sure how complimentary of each other they will be. JAC could potentially be starved of quality ball with Naden and TPJ inside him overplaying there hand, is TPJ going to run the lines Burton needs him to? I could be wrong and they combine well, I just have my doubts and think there's a better combinations we could try that would be more complimentary and give us a more balanced side.
Chopping and changing all season long is not the answer. No matter where they play they're going to need time to gel.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Chopping and changing all season long is not the answer. No matter where they play they're going to need time to gel.
Did you forget who our coach is? Lol. He has history doing this. Baz has picked the team he wants in round 1, it might not be the best team and if results don't come he will hit the panic button and changes will come.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Did you forget who our coach is? Lol. He has history doing this. Baz has picked the team he wants in round 1, it might not be the best team and if results don't come he will hit the panic button and changes will come.
At least he ain't Hasler though who has the team list ready for weeks 1-25 already.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Question for the people who think Naden will permanently stay at centre ... what do we do if Schoupp and Alamoti are both firing ? Or do you just accept we lose one of them ?
I want both Schoupp and Alamoti in the centres in the future. A lot of this depends on when Alamoti's ready. There's a good chance we're not going to rush Alamoti. I'd just move Naden onto the wing (Schoupp and Alamoti strictly centres). Naden's just a shoe in to start in the centres this year. We also know Naden's rocks and diamonds. I still think Naden will be a good signing.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also played left centre at Panthers, scored most his tries from grubbers there.
Unless burton brings the grubber game to the bulldogs that scenario won’t happen with us. Hasn’t been a grubber since noddy played

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless burton brings the grubber game to the bulldogs that scenario won’t happen with us. Hasn’t been a grubber since noddy played
Not regularly. Ennis put a few in after he signed with the Sharks seems ngly as a "fuck you Des" and the half we signed from Newcastle with Meany (who's name I can't recall right now) put a few in as well.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not regularly. Ennis put a few in after he signed with the Sharks seems ngly as a "fuck you Des" and the half we signed from Newcastle with Meany (who's name I can't recall right now) put a few in as well.
Jack Cogger?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I' m hoping Gus will help with these types of situations.

A little input here and there.

Baz would be stupid not to listen.