Aaron Schoupp On Being Forced Out Of The Bulldogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I haven't watched yet, I know there are more skilful centres out there but I really liked the cnt in him and he genuinely loved the club and bled blue and white. I would of kept him but we'll also be fine without him. Alamoti and Xerri's a nasty combo.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Couldn't be bothered watching. Can someone sum up what was said please?
Ok here goes.

Said he wanted to be a one club player and had no intention of ever leaving. Only wanted the club to tell him he was one of their first grade centers moving forward. Didn’t care about the money. Club said they have other plans for the future.

Said Barrett never gave him much feedback on what he needed to learn.

2022 was pretty confusing with all the media stories but not much of it talked about in the club. All behind closed doors.

Prefers right centre and had been training at right centre in cup, but got brought in to play left centre and stayed there.

Said it’s a very different vibe playing in GC where footy isn’t the heart and soul like belmore.

Was close with Dufty and Vaughan and that very little was said about them moving on.

Likes Holbrook’s coaching style, very supportive coach and feels confident playing for him.

Basically his manager told him Titans were keen, they went to the club and asked where he sat in their plans, they told him to pursue other options.

Still has a terribly creepy mustache….

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok here goes.

Said he wanted to be a one club player and had no intention of ever leaving. Only wanted the club to tell him he was one of their first grade centers moving forward. Didn’t care about the money. Club said they have other plans for the future.

Said Barrett never gave him much feedback on what he needed to learn.

2022 was pretty confusing with all the media stories but not much of it talked about in the club. All behind closed doors.

Prefers right centre and had been training at right centre in cup, but got brought in to play left centre and stayed there.

Said it’s a very different vibe playing in GC where footy isn’t the heart and soul like belmore.

Was close with Dufty and Vaughan and that very little was said about them moving on.

Likes Holbrook’s coaching style, very supportive coach and feels confident playing for him.

Basically his manager told him Titans were keen, they went to the club and asked where he sat in their plans, they told him to pursue other options.

Still has a terribly creepy mustache….
Thanks for that, appreciate it.

Still don't understand why we couldn't keep Vaughn for another year.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't watched yet, I know there are more skilful centres out there but I really liked the cnt in him and he genuinely loved the club and bled blue and white. I would of kept him but we'll also be fine without him. Alamoti and Xerri's a nasty combo.
Yeah I feel the same way as you.
Unfortunately he was only ever going to be a fringe NRL back up at our club long term.

He had to move on for his own development and nrl opportunities

Can't keep em all Unfortunately

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His heart will forever bleed blue and white, shame we couldn’t find a spot for him at centre, one of the best defenders in that position. I feel like a simple draw and pass skill set would have had him remain in the team - maybe it was the pressure to perform under his previous coaches forcing him to overcommit with ball in hand? Who knows? Or, potentially Alamoti’s rise and Critta’s recruitment?

We can only wish him the best at the Tits.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting point about him telling the boys at lunch he was moving on and by the time he got home it was in the media. Another podcast, BKRSport made a comment they get inside information from a player and then laughed that it isn't Flanno like a lot of people think. The guy is a bit of a wanker though

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most people on here don't think very highly of Buzz Rothfield, or sports journalists in general, But one thing I can say in Rothfield's favour is that I've never seen him in a Bret "the Hitman" Hart fanboy tee shirt.