A wins a win

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Capitulation happens to all the teams even in good form. Ffs stop whinging. The game works mysteriously weird. Got the chocolates, thats all that matters you drop kicks!
And against one of the top teams too.
Bet some of the people bitchin didnt give them a chance at the start of the week

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
An old bloke told me, "the 1 you knock back, is the 1 you never get" . . . It might have been ugly, but we got the job done
As an old bloke now I can relate. I Knocked back a few ‘ugly’ wins back in the day, when I should have just taken the points and tried for a better win the next wk :tearsofjoy:

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take the win because we needed it. The first half as well showed what we can do and what kiks is capable of.

But CC needs to remember what he said at half time and make sure he never says it again.

The dogs thought they had the win, then couldn't believe one try after another... Crichton needs to look at what he did too someone needed to get them to pull their heads in. I also think we don't know how to play a team down a man.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it is good that it feels like a loss. It means we demand high standards and we are not okay with sloppy performances. How would Bellamy be reacting if the Storm did what we did in the second half? He’d be losing his shit kicking chairs and breaking doors. We know we are better than what we served up in the second half. The best evidence of that is our performance in the first half. We can’t be ok ever with mediocre performances, even if they come after a good first half

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As an old bloke now I can relate. I Knocked back a few ‘ugly’ wins back in the day, when I should have just taken the points and tried for a better win the next wk :tearsofjoy:
Ahhh Dogs, you can't put a young head on old shoulders, as my nan used to say :tearsofjoy:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This game was like thinking you just banged a perfect 10 then turning the light on to see you fucked a tranny
The lesson you should learn from that is always leave in the dark.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It feels like a loss. You'd take the result going into the game. But it takes the gloss off a great first half performance. To almost lose to 12 and then 11 men is concerning. That speaks to a lack of leadership on the field. Shouldn't happen. Hopefully they learn from it but we'll take the 2 points.
26-0 up, the feather dusters a man down I thought to myself can we still blow it from here ?
Suddenly I got terrible memory flashes from many years back when we lost to 11 players Auckland Warriors team at Belmore, as the game progressed I thought here we go again back in the same nightmare...
How lucky were we ?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe people are mentioning the refs. Our second half capitulation had nothing to do with the refs. We had a few dodgy calls go our way because the Roosters didn't have a challenge left.
For the first time in a long time the ref did actually give us some 50/50 calls...
Let's hope this continues !

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 out of 2 wins at home

thats a statistic that we should want to continue to keep at 100%

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone said to me at the at the start of the week, 'Dogs will win by 4', I would have said 'sure mate, what drugs are you on?' So despite the 2nd half stuff, it's still good to sit back and enjoy a win against the heavily favoured (salary cap cheats) chooks. To score a try from a set play on their first touch of the ball against them was great to see and is a very promising sign.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Today is the last day of my three day weekend. Been through a shit time with a sick dog. So while I'm disappointed that we didn't get to 50 - 0. I'm just happy it's keeping us a short way off the bottom of the ladder for now. My big hope is that as the year progresses we'll gradually get our shit together. Any win this early against a premiership hopeful deserves a victory dance. At least they're not going into next week cocky.

The positives are
- We beat a team that plenty thought would dominate us. Last week we were in a similar situation and lost a close one despite the late rally. An ugly win is better than an ugly 2 point loss.
- We had one great half of football. It's hard to put 12 points on the Roosters in a full match. We managed 26 in a half.

The negatives
- We had one very bad half of football. Lost it 26-4.
- We'll be digging deeper into our depth already. Taafe and JAC both still out next week. I missed some of the commentary on grandstand after half time. But another forward knocked out means we're seeing pretty deep into our front row depth for round 5. Might be helpful long term if a few youngsters get a taste. But not ideal for now.

Right now I'm over the moon just to have another notch in the wins column. Depending on the rest of the weekends results, we might be sitting on the edge of the 8 going into round 5. If we'd taken the penalty goal on offer last week we might be in the 8 this week. I didn't expect finals football. But we've shown glimpses of how well we might play by the end of the year. It's still not out of the question.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It could've have been worse... we could have done a Man United and completely bottled it in stoppage time.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Today is the last day of my three day weekend. Been through a shit time with a sick dog. So while I'm disappointed that we didn't get to 50 - 0. I'm just happy it's keeping us a short way off the bottom of the ladder for now. My big hope is that as the year progresses we'll gradually get our shit together. Any win this early against a premiership hopeful deserves a victory dance. At least they're not going into next week cocky.

The positives are
- We beat a team that plenty thought would dominate us. Last week we were in a similar situation and lost a close one despite the late rally. An ugly win is better than an ugly 2 point loss.
- We had one great half of football. It's hard to put 12 points on the Roosters in a full match. We managed 26 in a half.

The negatives
- We had one very bad half of football. Lost it 26-4.
- We'll be digging deeper into our depth already. Taafe and JAC both still out next week. I missed some of the commentary on grandstand after half time. But another forward knocked out means we're seeing pretty deep into our front row depth for round 5. Might be helpful long term if a few youngsters get a taste. But not ideal for now.

Right now I'm over the moon just to have another notch in the wins column. Depending on the rest of the weekends results, we might be sitting on the edge of the 8 going into round 5. If we'd taken the penalty goal on offer last week we might be in the 8 this week. I didn't expect finals football. But we've shown glimpses of how well we might play by the end of the year. It's still not out of the question.
Yup nail on the head

an ugly win always beats a pretty loss

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes 2 points aren't a "win".

Fucking putrid....

No Teddy
No Walker
Young sent off
Some other **** binned

And fluked a "win"
Look at our injury toll and we had a few out also at least it explains it a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro