A potentially cheaper option than Tedesco

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Might as well bring Sam Perrett out of retirement at this rate.

We need a ball playing fullback with speed to burn and Tedesco is the best player on the market. If we are going for a short term solution while Abbey develops, then Michael Gordon would come cheap and can goal kick.

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure how Moses get mentioned about wingers and fullbacks

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roberts is about to re-sign with the Broncos.

Subscriber only

JAMES Roberts will take another step forward in his NRL redemption by cementing his future at the Broncos.

After a three-try starring role in Brisbane’s win over Gold Coast on Friday night, The Sunday Mail can reveal Roberts will extend his career at Red Hill with a new two or three-year contract — provided he maintains his off-field behaviour.

Roberts has been under strict behavioural conditions this season, including a drinking ban, and monitored with a welfare program which is reaping rewards for the Broncos.

“I’ve assured the Broncos I have no interest in talking to anyone else,” said Roberts’ uncle and manager Jeremy Donovan.

“I haven’t spoken to James too much about contract negotiations because we’ve always had an understanding that we had no intention of going elsewhere.

“I am in fairly regular contact with the Broncos about everything and the contract has come up here and there.

“As we start getting to the middle of the season, for James’ certainty we want to tie it down so it’s one thing he doesn’t have to worry about.

“From everyone I’ve spoken to at the Broncos, they don’t see the Broncos without James.”

Roberts has been placed on an indefinite media ban by the Broncos and unavailable to comment.

Roberts’ impending contract renewal follows what was a turbulent six months for the lightning centre.

He came under the spotlight in January following an alleged incident at a Gold Coast nightclub.

The drunken night followed an altercation with security at a Brisbane pub in August last year which saw Roberts fined $20,000 by the Broncos and attend a rehabilitation centre in Thailand during the off-season.

However, Roberts seems to have since found stability. He lives alone in Brisbane and regularly visits his young son Kirk in Sydney.

Highlights were scarce in Roberts’ debut season at the Broncos last year, but he has found his niche in Wayne Bennett’s team and captain Darius Boyd believes a pre-season trip to England was the catalyst.

“It was a good trip for him to mingle with the boys and get around the boys and feel like he was part of the group,” Boyd said.

“He’s doing the best he can. He’s doing a good job. He wants to hang around the group and be a part of it and mix in.”

The Broncos have been locking up their required talent since losing halfback Ben Hunt to a $6 million deal at the Dragons.

Key duo Andrew McCullough and Josh McGuire signed four-year extensions while winger Corey Oates committed for a further season.

Deals with Kiwi Test duo Jordan Kahu and Alex Glenn are being finalised and the club’s priority is to retain Boyd and Anthony Milford following the recruitment of Cronulla’s Jack Bird.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/6d816bdcab86c4c74e9d56b6a9f876e8

Signing & re-signing all these players only used 1 million of our Salary Cap. :laughing:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roberts is about to re-sign with the Broncos.

Subscriber only

JAMES Roberts will take another step forward in his NRL redemption by cementing his future at the Broncos.

After a three-try starring role in Brisbane’s win over Gold Coast on Friday night, The Sunday Mail can reveal Roberts will extend his career at Red Hill with a new two or three-year contract — provided he maintains his off-field behaviour.

Roberts has been under strict behavioural conditions this season, including a drinking ban, and monitored with a welfare program which is reaping rewards for the Broncos.

“I’ve assured the Broncos I have no interest in talking to anyone else,” said Roberts’ uncle and manager Jeremy Donovan.

“I haven’t spoken to James too much about contract negotiations because we’ve always had an understanding that we had no intention of going elsewhere.

“I am in fairly regular contact with the Broncos about everything and the contract has come up here and there.

“As we start getting to the middle of the season, for James’ certainty we want to tie it down so it’s one thing he doesn’t have to worry about.

“From everyone I’ve spoken to at the Broncos, they don’t see the Broncos without James.”

Roberts has been placed on an indefinite media ban by the Broncos and unavailable to comment.

Roberts’ impending contract renewal follows what was a turbulent six months for the lightning centre.

He came under the spotlight in January following an alleged incident at a Gold Coast nightclub.

The drunken night followed an altercation with security at a Brisbane pub in August last year which saw Roberts fined $20,000 by the Broncos and attend a rehabilitation centre in Thailand during the off-season.

However, Roberts seems to have since found stability. He lives alone in Brisbane and regularly visits his young son Kirk in Sydney.

Highlights were scarce in Roberts’ debut season at the Broncos last year, but he has found his niche in Wayne Bennett’s team and captain Darius Boyd believes a pre-season trip to England was the catalyst.

“It was a good trip for him to mingle with the boys and get around the boys and feel like he was part of the group,” Boyd said.

“He’s doing the best he can. He’s doing a good job. He wants to hang around the group and be a part of it and mix in.”

The Broncos have been locking up their required talent since losing halfback Ben Hunt to a $6 million deal at the Dragons.

Key duo Andrew McCullough and Josh McGuire signed four-year extensions while winger Corey Oates committed for a further season.

Deals with Kiwi Test duo Jordan Kahu and Alex Glenn are being finalised and the club’s priority is to retain Boyd and Anthony Milford following the recruitment of Cronulla’s Jack Bird.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/6d816bdcab86c4c74e9d56b6a9f876e8

Signing & re-signing all these players only used 1 million of our Salary Cap. :laughing:

FFS the Bronco's are making a mockery of this supposed "Salary CAP"

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't expect our management to plan ahead and watch everyone's contracts.
Game breaker goes real good.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tedesco would obviously be a dream acquisition, but if he doesn't end up coming (I can see him staying at the tigers on ridiculous money) James Roberts comes off contract this year. Bloke is a match winner and won the game for the Broncos last night.

He would command about 600k so much cheaper and there's no harm in signing leagues fastest player to play in a position he's very familiar with from his junior days. Plus the fkn Broncos have Milford and bird on a million bucks plus a state of origin team somehow in the same cap.

1. Roberts
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya.

Now this is a potent backline, a far cry from the days of Mitch Brown and Jono Wright. Start enquiring Des
You r kidding urself

We need to go hard for Tedesco!! No if s or buts- I'm tired or building plans and shit

Open the cheque book and let buy us a premiership!
2004 is too fkn long ago
Get Cronk and Foran too

Aceman

Waterboy
Reaction score
A drunken idoit who cant tackle...no thanks.

Reactions: DT

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Would rather us not sign any dickheads. Our club dosent need to be dragged through the media circus with off field indiscretions.
I see thar policy continuing which means no Tesesco.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Umm

You all ready have a few.
From someone who supports a team that either does or once contained

Thaiday
Hodges
Parker
Langer
Michael Hancock
McGuire
Blair

Your opinion on who's a dickhead means very little

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From someone who supports a team that either does or once contained

Thaiday
Hodges
Parker
Langer
Michael Hancock
McGuire
Blair

Your opinion on who's a dickhead means very little
...and don't forget Julian O'neill & Brett Seymore

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FFS the Bronco's are making a mockery of this supposed "Salary CAP"
In regards to 3rd party payments yeah oath.. But they have money in the bank considering they lost Hunt, Parker and Hodges over the last few years.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In regards to 3rd party payments yeah oath.. But they have money in the bank considering they lost Hunt, Parker and Hodges over the last few years.
Yeah Well we have lost tony Williams, hodkinson, perrett , plus so many more yet we can't even sign one top player while others have 5 or 6 and not only the broncos.

Eels sharks manly all recruit stars

Status
Not open for further replies.