News A not so mad Monday positive thread

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury players have copped plenty of flak this season but they deserve a pat on the back after it emerged that they would spurn Mad Monday celebrations to feed the homeless.

Sport Confidential has been told that rather than celebrate a season
that has been an abject failure,
The battling Bulldogs will gather together as a group on Monday to help those less fortunate.

They will then celebrate their awards night on Tuesday before a quiet get-together later in the week.

The Bulldogs' decision to reject
Mad Monday came as NRL boss
Andrew Abdo backed the clubs and their players to be on their best behav-iour as they prepare for the traditional end-of-season celebrations.

"We expect clubs to enjoy the end-of-season celebrations in a professional and respectful way," Abdo said.

BulldogsMate

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the new norm these days, gone are the glory days of big piss ups and ridiculous outfits.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Meh they should it’s more rewarding then getting hammered just for the sake of it. You go home and say you know what that was a nice day I’m happy I did that. Especially when you have not really accomplished anything in your season. Go and have your own private catch ups of course (don’t fucking take pictures idiots) but have a day to be kind to someone. It won’t kill you.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh they should it’s more rewarding then getting hammered just for the sake of it. You go home and say you know what that was a nice day I’m happy I did that. Especially when you have not really accomplished anything in your season. Go and have your own private catch ups of course (don’t fucking take pictures idiots) but have a day to be kind to someone. It won’t kill you.
Great post, although there's nothing wrong with getting hammered for the sake of it :tearsofjoy:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
lol. Its a PR stunt.
It is a PR stunt but it makes sense it’s a business. Would you rather pictures of your employees spewing and naked in the media or feeding the homeless. The boys in the team will obviously well maybe (how would I know) but probably not really give a shit but it makes sense as a marketing move. We pay you this is what you are doing. Also if you want to get your wang out at the Coogee Bay and disgrace our club well then maybe win a game and then we can consider it.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is a PR stunt but it makes sense it’s a business. Would you rather pictures of your employees spewing and naked or feeding the homeless. The boys in the team will obviously well maybe (how would I know) but probably not really give a shit but it makes sense as a marketing move. We pay you this is what you are doing.
I understand where you blokes are coming from.
My point is its Mad Monday. Theres no need to turn what should be a celebration for the players that have being playing footy and training hard every week all year to have some fun as has always been the case. Instead the Club uses the players Mad Monday as an opportunity for PR.
They can serve the community any other time during the season and community service is commendable.
As for landing on the front pages thats not what anyone wants. Nothing wrong with players celebrating in private and cutting loose.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury players have copped plenty of flak this season but they deserve a pat on the back after it emerged that they would spurn Mad Monday celebrations to feed the homeless.

Sport Confidential has been told that rather than celebrate a season
that has been an abject failure,
The battling Bulldogs will gather together as a group on Monday to help those less fortunate.

They will then celebrate their awards night on Tuesday before a quiet get-together later in the week.

The Bulldogs' decision to reject
Mad Monday came as NRL boss
Andrew Abdo backed the clubs and their players to be on their best behav-iour as they prepare for the traditional end-of-season celebrations.

"We expect clubs to enjoy the end-of-season celebrations in a professional and respectful way," Abdo said.
While our players are feeding the homeless, the media is feeding us to the wolves.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So he went out for a few beers with his mates and lost his clothes . . . Could happen to anyone
Hopefully not Buzz Rothfield when he gets on the turps. The images would be hard to look at.