A new dawn

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a smart ass but they say that same shit every pre season like a broken record walk the talk boys
Different when practically the entire coaching staff is New

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well then there’s no excuses now is there that was my point champ

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well then there’s no excuses now is there that was my point champ
We’re on the same page. Pass marks, in my view, as follows:

2021 Win more games than we lose with positive For/against
2022 Top 6
2023 Top 4
2024 premiers (20 yrs after the last one)

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watch the Dogs teams in the 80s, "players in motion" was a major part of their game, would love to see this feature of our historical game make a come back.
Would like us to use the short kicking game too . Sherwin in early 2000s was the last time we did this well. Perhaps Benji for a year is not a bad idea.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As much as i love Jacko, he is nowhere near the player he once used to be unfortunately. But kn saying that, there is always hope he could come good and surprise us all.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We’re on the same page. Pass marks, in my view, as follows:

2021 Win more games than we lose with positive For/against
2022 Top 6
2023 Top 4
2024 premiers (20 yrs after the last one)
2023 will be our year we are aiming for a Premiership. All our contracts are setup to end that year including Trent’s. That’s the make or break year where we need success as we will have a lot of upgrades due which will make it hard to build stronger the year after.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was that when Pay took over ? Let’s see how he goes under a fresh coaching style
Was thinking the same thing. The team hasn't had the right setup for a while. Jacko may well still have it in him, but has been placed behind the eight ball for several years now because of our poor halves, poor tactics, and even the low expectations (young squad, salary cap issues). Will be very interesting to see how he responds to the new setup.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2023 will be our year we are aiming for a Premiership. All our contracts are setup to end that year including Trent’s. That’s the make or break year where we need success as we will have a lot of upgrades due which will make it hard to build stronger the year after.
Yep.
Makes sense when you put it that way..
Very happy to roll back my prediction 1 year in that case.
Biggest challenge is next year to get the team to get used to winning.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson would have to be looking over he’s shoulder... he’s only good for lock now which we can cover easily. Might be he’s last year if he doesn’t do something special
Bulldogs fan here: you’re an idiot!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as i love Jacko, he is nowhere near the player he once used to be unfortunately. But kn saying that, there is always hope he could come good and surprise us all.
He did the last time around... I remember clearly because i was left eating my words when he did so i wouldnt put it passed him to go really well in a decent team. Just dont know if his body can hold up if he went hard every game...

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson would have to be looking over he’s shoulder... he’s only good for lock now which we can cover easily. Might be he’s last year if he doesn’t do something special
After two or three years of crap training he may get back to his best? we can hope