A new dawn

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson would have to be looking over he’s shoulder... he’s only good for lock now which we can cover easily. Might be he’s last year if he doesn’t do something special
Yea,, I’m hoping Barrett will reward form not loyalty as he’ll feel the pressure to produce results with his new staff from Day 1

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most encouraging interview from a player so far which confirms what many here have said. Jackson: "Trent has a big focus on fitness ..being able to be fit enough to play the way he wants with the footy and obviously defend as well.."
translation: the days of 5 one out hit ups and bomb on the last and hope for the best are finally over. Likewise unfit, lazy players on a diet of maccas and kfc. We may see the return of he Entertainers and Dogs of War.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson would have to be looking over he’s shoulder... he’s only good for lock now which we can cover easily. Might be he’s last year if he doesn’t do something special
2021 is Year 1 of a new 3 year contract for Jacko.
Obviously in today’s game anything is possible later on but I don’t think Jacko is going anywhere. He wants to be a one club player and I hope he kills it with less pressure on him with better players, structures and coaching around him. He was carrying a lot of the burden of a second rate team the last couple of years.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch Jackson kill it with some decent players around him. Anyone calling him a bum needs about 7 uppercuts straight in the jaw
I honestly don't think he was bad this year. He just played a simpler role. Probably took the run hard tackle harder advice too literally and didn't focus on the angle running he's good at.

2021 is Year 1 of a new 3 year contract for Jacko.
Obviously in today’s game anything is possible later on but I don’t think Jacko is going anywhere. He wants to be a one club player and I hope he kills it with less pressure on him with better players, structures and coaching around him. He was carrying a lot of the burden of a second rate team the last couple of years.
As mentioned above, I think he looks at his best when he's able to wrong foot the defence with good angles. Seems like he was focused on straightening the attack this year. Too many of our edge forwards were roaming in winger territory in attack with a tendency to try to go around rather than over opponents. As you say, with better structure in attack it should benefit him and allow him to do what he's good at.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the back of what Flanno said in the podcast, that we're training very similar to how the Roosters train, and then hearing Jacko talk about our training is fantastic as it sounds like we're finally going to be fit

I love the bit about the new defensive structures and having to be fit enough to play the way Trent wants to play - that sounds like we're going to have players in motion all the time in attack. Yes baby.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On the back of what Flanno said in the podcast, that we're training very similar to how the Roosters train, and then hearing Jacko talk about our training is fantastic as it sounds like we're finally going to be fit

I love the bit about the new defensive structures and having to be fit enough to play the way Trent wants to play - that sounds like we're going to have players in motion all the time in attack. Yes baby.
Just watch the Dogs teams in the 80s, "players in motion" was a major part of their game, would love to see this feature of our historical game make a come back.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to be a smart ass but they say that same shit every pre season like a broken record walk the talk boys