A little context

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For all the sh!t we cop as fans, the sh!t fans give each other, the sh!t some fans give to Ciro and Gus……

Sharks 52 Dragons 16

sucks deluxe if your a Dragons fan!! Spare a thought to those mofo’s. And… that’s with Hunt and decent middles. We lost to the Sharks with our Cup team.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing. Also hoping we can start to get a few win and keep our loses in check (for and against wise) so we stay clear of the spoon.

For me the rest of the season is about showing some positives for next year in terms of player development etc, whilst also avoiding the spoon.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely the Steelers F/A is worse than ours by now?

Or are we still the f’ucking worst?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but what shits me is after shit performances their coach calls them out. He walked in last weeks press conference and apologised to the fans. JDB, as much of a grub he is, slammed the team in his post match interview. Our ***** just laugh on the field and smile in the press conference. Not once have I heard our coach apologise to our members or fans.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah but what shits me is after shit performances their coach calls them out. He walked in last weeks press conference and apologised to the fans. JDB, as much of a grub he is, slammed the team in his post match interview. Our ***** just laugh on the field and smile in the press conference. Not once have I heard our coach apologise to our members or fans.
Yeah Ben Hunt has been on the verge of tears a few times and this was before the sacking of the coach. Our boys just don’t care

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely the Steelers F/A is worse than ours by now?

Or are we still the f’ucking worst?
We still have that covered but they have conceded more points, just have scored a good few more as well.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have the cattle to respond, we don’t….yet. Back end of the year, yes.

End of the day, our injury riddled team less its origin stars did better than the Dragons with far more experienced/skilled players… perspective.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There has to be a response, no ifs no buts.

If these players don’t react after copping two cricket scores then the broom just gets bigger for clearing deadwood.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have the cattle to respond, we don’t….yet. Back end of the year, yes.

End of the day, our injury riddled team less its origin stars did better than the Dragons with far more experienced/skilled players… perspective.
I really couldn’t care less if the dragons or tigers lost 100-0 every week. It doesn’t have anything to do with us, there are shit teams in every sport every single year and we shouldn’t be one of them. It’s this loser mentality of “at least we aren’t as bad as them” that has kept us at the bottom for a decade.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I really couldn’t care less if the dragons or tigers lost 100-0 every week. It doesn’t have anything to do with us, there are shit teams in every sport every single year and we shouldn’t be one of them. It’s this loser mentality of “at least we aren’t as bad as them” that has kept us at the bottom for a decade.
Totally agree. I don’t think we’ll get the spoon and we shouldn’t be anywhere near it anyway.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This 100%. Let's just worry about how shit we are.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also Its pretty sad when our supporters dumping shit on Saints cause they got flogged more than we did like we have some kind of bragging rights over em lol.
We have been a basket case for years.
Ive had break and coming back on here reading alot of comments we have such a victim loser mentality backed with never ending excuses.
I seen Perham named agian this week what a fucking disgrace. This is the shit we are suppose to be sit back and cop and be patient for whilst we piss away seasons. But yeah nothing can be done to improve our current predicament, we just have to wait for troops.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Also Its pretty sad when our supporters dumping shit on Saints cause they got flogged more than we did like we have some kind of bragging rights over em lol.
We have been a basket case for years.
Ive had break and coming back on here reading alot of comments we have such a victim loser mentality backed with never ending excuses.
I seen Perham named agian this week what a fucking disgrace. This is the shit we are suppose to be sit back and cop and be patient for whilst we piss away seasons. But yeah nothing can be done to improve our current predicament, we just have to wait for troops.
There are def things that Ciro could do to improve and strengthen the team ....and we all know it.

He isn't coaching the team to it's best ability.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are def things that Ciro could do to improve and strengthen the team ....and we all know it.

Definitely agree with this … when he moved Burton to 7, he should have moved a 70 game 1st grade experienced Averillo to 6 instead of a rookie 18 year old zero experienced KO …. that would have instantly strengthened our half’s and our attack.

After that move it was simply a case of moving Kiraz in one spot to centre and putting Wilson beside him on the wing ..

IMO, that would have been the smart move, and it would have shown us whether Averillo could be a top 6 for us and worth keeping at $450k which is cheap for a good attacking 6 ..

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

After the first five games it was evident that there some genuine improvements - since then have gone backwards. Kikaus defence and his impact upons others ability to defend has been missed.

Two forwards basically dont defend - TPJ and Okunbor - one is either rushing out of the line or stays a step behind other defenders and the other cannot/ will not tackle with his shoulders n body.

Whilst Sutton offers nothing in attack he generally defends well - at the very least he usually gets to where a middle needs to be in the defensive line.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely agree with this … when he moved Burton to 7, he should have moved a 70 game 1st grade experienced Averillo to 6 instead of a rookie 18 year old zero experienced KO …. that would have instantly strengthened our half’s and our attack.

After that move it was simply a case of moving Kiraz in one spot to centre and putting Wilson beside him on the wing ..

IMO, that would have been the smart move, and it would have shown us whether Averillo could be a top 6 for us and worth keeping at $450k which is cheap for a good attacking 6 ..
The big issue a lot of people have noticed is that putting Averillo into a position where he's getting tackled primarily by forwards, is that he cops one big hit and then does nothing for the rest of the game. He can still cop a heavy hit in the centres, but generally he won't be as likely to get held up in a tackle while a second forward lines up the heavy hit. Even at fullback he had a tendency to cop those big hits and go into his shell. Saw plenty of people talking last year about how he'd make no effort to defend kicks after getting hit at fullback last year too.

So my guess is that Averillo is playing at centre because he's moderately protected from hard hitting defence out there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The big issue a lot of people have noticed is that putting Averillo into a position where he's getting tackled primarily by forwards, is that he cops one big hit and then does nothing for the rest of the game. He can still cop a heavy hit in the centres, but generally he won't be as likely to get held up in a tackle while a second forward lines up the heavy hit. Even at fullback he had a tendency to cop those big hits and go into his shell. Saw plenty of people talking last year about how he'd make no effort to defend kicks after getting hit at fullback last year too.

So my guess is that Averillo is playing at centre because he's moderately protected from hard hitting defence out there.
Yeah I dont see an answer to our poor defence in Avo I'm afraid.